Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parcells to the Jets???

1. -1
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    One of 16 Vestal Virgins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    leaving for the coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That would be a belated XMas present for Fins fans. Make it happen Woody. (if so, watch our "resident troll" who's been saying since '08 that The Rancid Tuna was a mediocre GM try to spin the hire Meatball-style.)

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IRRC Parcells left the Jets because of Woody Johnson.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    That would be a belated XMas present for Fins fans. Make it happen Woody. (if so, watch our "resident troll" who's been saying since '08 that The Rancid Tuna was a mediocre GM try to spin the hire Meatball-style.)
    What junc had meant, and if any of us knew how to read it would have been obvious, was that Parcells was the only reason Miami won the division in 2008 and he had to leave because Ireland dragged him down. Come on guys. Duh...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    after trading for Tebow and leaving their roster suspect Tannebaum for all the previous good and bad he had done should go.
    I think Rex deserves one more year , two championship games should buy him another season but they obviously need a personnel guy and if he keeps Sparano he is leaving a weight around his neck that will sink him.
    The jets should hire Cam Cameron( I know laugh lol) he is a good solid OC that could probably get them back on track. He could also look at bringing Daboll back as a qb coach since he will probably be jobless when KC fires Crennel.

I suspect there will be a few head coach opening this year
    I hear Cleveland is firing Shumar
    Reid is probably out in Philly
    Az will probably fire Whisenhunt
    Gailey should be gone
    Crennel should be gone.
    Also if Dallas misses playoffs or exits early Jason garret will be gone
    Oh forgot Norv Turner and maybe the raider's coach
    Thank god for the Bills and their 8 straight losing seasons makes u feel better as a phin fan
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    after trading for Tebow and leaving their roster suspect Tannebaum for all the previous good and bad he had done should go.
    I think Rex deserves one more year , two championship games should buy him another season but they obviously need a personnel guy and if he keeps Sparano he is leaving a weight around his neck that will sink him.
    The jets should hire Cam Cameron( I know laugh lol) he is a good solid OC that could probably get them back on track. He could also look at bringing Daboll back as a qb coach since he will probably be jobless when KC fires Crennel.

I suspect there will be a few head coach opening this year
    I hear Cleveland is firing Shumar
    Reid is probably out in Philly
    Az will probably fire Whisenhunt
    Gailey should be gone
    Crennel should be gone.
    Also if Dallas misses playoffs or exits early Jason garret will be gone
    Oh forgot Norv Turner and maybe the raider's coach
    Thank god for the Bills and their 8 straight losing seasons makes u feel better as a phin fan
    Tannenbaum has done more than enough to keep his job, a bad year or 2 should not change that. Good organizations don't abandon ship at the first sign of trouble.

If we get BP to run this team I don't know what I will do. I appreciate everything he did for us as a coach, he's a top 10 coach in NFL history but he's nothing more than mediocre as a GM type. I know Woody loves Parcells but I hope he's not dumb enough to make a move like this, thankfully it is only media speculation at this point.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Tannenbaum has done more than enough to keep his job, a bad year or 2 should not change that. Good organizations don't abandon ship at the first sign of trouble.

If we get BP to run this team I don't know what I will do. I appreciate everything he did for us as a coach, he's a top 10 coach in NFL history but he's nothing more than mediocre as a GM type. I know Woody loves Parcells but I hope he's not dumb enough to make a move like this, thankfully it is only media speculation at this point.
    God I hope you’re right, the pure comedy and joy that we Pats, Bills, & Fin Fans get from watching Jet fans talk shat like you’ve done something in the last 43 years is just wonderful. Then to watch you all cry and make excuses, and start fighting with each other as your team collapses, fills my heart with joy each holiday season. As for the Tuna, on his worst day he couldn’t screw up a draft board or cap situation the way the Taanunbum has for the Jets.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Please explain what a good organization is, using the Jets as an example.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    God I hope you’re right, the pure comedy and joy that we Pats, Bills, & Fin Fans get from watching Jet fans talk shat like you’ve done something in the last 43 years is just wonderful. Then to watch you all cry and make excuses, and start fighting with each other as your team collapses, fills my heart with joy each holiday season. As for the Tuna, on his worst day he couldn’t screw up a draft board or cap situation the way the Taanunbum has for the Jets.
    real pats fans can laugh somewhat, not bandwagon phonies like you.

what could bills and phins laugh about when their franchies have been a disgrace the last decade+? In one postseason under rex we have more playoff wins than Miami and Buf combined since 2000.

I would respond to the rest of your nonsense but it's clear you don't actual read my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 1972fins View Post
    Please explain what a good organization is, using the Jets as an example.
    I can't use the jets as an example, at times we do things the right way but we always move on too quickly. There's no reason to change the HC or GM.

The Giants easily could have fired Coughlin before '07 and '11
    Pitt could have fired Cowher in the late 90s/early 00s

The successful franchises longterm do not start over every 3-4 years. we have had success despite some change in the last 15 years but not the ultimate success.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    real pats fans can laugh somewhat, not bandwagon phonies like you.

what could bills and phins laugh about when their franchies have been a disgrace the last decade+? In one postseason under rex we have more playoff wins than Miami and Buf combined since 2000.

I would respond to the rest of your nonsense but it's clear you don't actual read my posts.

I can't use the jets as an example, at times we do things the right way but we always move on too quickly. There's no reason to change the HC or GM.

The Giants easily could have fired Coughlin before '07 and '11
    Pitt could have fired Cowher in the late 90s/early 00s

The successful franchises longterm do not start over every 3-4 years. we have had success despite some change in the last 15 years but not the ultimate success.
    Tannenbaum hasn't had a good draft since 2006 and he has emasculated the payroll by restructuring high salaries. The Jets are facing cap hell which is why Woody is looking to replace him.
    Quote Quote