Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remember this, folks!

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dlockz, the Falcons are a good example, but so are the Colts. And it's not just because of Luck. Their personnel department did a great job in one offseason.

Whle Ireland was contemplating his navel, the Colts re-signed Wayne and brought in Brazile and Hilton at receiver, plus Allen and Fleener at TE, along with stud LB Freeman from Canada. Boom 10 wins and the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So it was Sparanos coaching for the reason as to why Smiley, Grove, Steinbach, Gerrard etc.. got hurt and escaped with the garuanteed money that Ireland gave to them. Soooo, how about this season, at best we will be 8-8 and missing the playoffs for a 4th straight year. What is the only common demoninatory here? You hit the nail on the head, Ireland. Sparano was bad, but so is Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by finfanaz View Post
    I'm so sick of hearing about Ireland wasting money/picks. Is he the best GM in the league? Not by a long shot, but he had TONY SPARANO and his INEPT staff developing these players. Putting these players in a failed game plan from the beginning. Now we have a new HC, that seems to know what what the **** he wants, and what to do with the players when he gets them. No wonder our last draft was Irelands best? I know this is a hard concept for some to grasp here..

People get offended when I "brush over" Irelands past years like they don't count. Well that's because they don't! When Ireland was rehired his tenure here started over and thus his track record with the Fins. After what I've seen from Sparano, with his time in Miami and the utter embarrassment of an offense he fielded in NY, I'm convinced that NO GM in the league would have succeeded with this guy at HC. Not one..
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How long are people here going to defend Ireland? They defended Wanny and Fiedler too. And of course it's a matter of minutes before some idiot says that we won with Fiedler when in fact, we won EVEN THO we had him. The defence carried him and Wanny too. A defence that JJ put together.All Ireland has done is either trade for or draft guys like Marshall and Davis and then got back less in return for them than what he paid to get them in the first place. But hey, that's Parcells fault too.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    How long are people here going to defend Ireland? They defended Wanny and Fiedler too. And of course it's a matter of minutes before some idiot says that we won with Fiedler when in fact, we won EVEN THO we had him. The defence carried him and Wanny too. A defence that JJ put together.All Ireland has done is either trade for or draft guys like Marshall and Davis and then got back less in return for them than what he paid to get them in the first place. But hey, that's Parcells fault too.

Ozzy rules!!
    If you are referring to my post, which it seems like you are. I wouldn't call it "defending Ireland", I know he's not that great and I said as much. I would call it dealing with reality. And the reality of the situation is Ireland is coming back. So you can say "why are people defending Ireland" and on the same token I can say "why are people still bitching about him". He's coming back, end of story, and we have every right to be optimistic about where this team is headed.

Also, you can bitch about Marshall and Davis or like the post above you listing players that got guaranteed money and didn't work out but if you look at every other team in the NFL you can put together a list of dud trades/draft picks/waiver or FA pickups. Every single team.. Ireland is the reason for a lot of duds but he's also the reason why we have the best Center in the AFC, one of the best up-in coming Safties (5th round steal), the best 4-3 D-end in the league, and what seems (to me at least) to be a franchise QB.

This league is about having a franchise QB and HC. I believe that we have that now, and despite Irelands short comings so far as GM his track record is only going to get progressively better. I'll repeat what I said in my previous post - I truly believe that no GM in the league would have been successful with Sparano and his staff leading things on the field. We have a talented young roster and are only a few players away from being a perennial playoff contender.

If some perfect GM came along with a history acquiring talent that fit the schemes we run here and also got along with Philbin. Then SURE bring in this magical GM that no one here knows of in and lets build a winner. Well that didn't happen so this is what we got. And how could anyone here not be excited about where we are heading? I can feel it that's for sure..
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Ozzy rules!!
    My favorite are the blind followers who sit there and defend guys like Sparano to the bitter end. Then a year later, he is fired, and the people that were so wrong for so long just change their tune to "I'm not living in the past." Then two years later when Sparano's idiocy is again discovered by another organization, the blind followers immediately move the new thread about Miami's old coach to the depths to avoid any discourse and dismiss it with "I"m not here to revel in a person ever getting fired and let's not live in the past."

Rather than have a fair and honorable discussion, that's what you get from some blind homers.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    My favorite are the blind followers who sit there and defend guys like Sparano to the bitter end. Then a year later, he is fired, and the people that were so wrong for so long just change their tune to "I'm not living in the past." Then two years later when Sparano's idiocy is again discovered by another organization, the blind followers immediately move the new thread about Miami's old coach to the depths to avoid any discourse and dismiss it with "I"m not here to revel in a person ever getting fired and let's not live in the past."

Rather than have a fair and honorable discussion, that's what you get from some blind homers.

Thats a message board for u. I mean look at Brandon Marshall. He has been a scumbag his entire adult life but a damn good receiver. We trade for him and people defend him up and down. He is a beast as they called it. Then he has an awesome pro bowl people love Brandon . Then he gets traded in March and he is was a cancer here and he really isnt that good. Hell even during the coaching search MCoy was an awesome hire when the rumor was out there and then when it wasnt him , he has a poor attitude or really want that good a choice. I love it here
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Digging up stuff from 5 years ago and dropped into another Ireland thread............... awesome.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutthroat View Post
    Wasn't that the first year of the "Parcells Era" when, by all accounts Parcells was making the decisions?
    What were Irelands duties the first 3 years he was in Miami? I'm serious, I'd really like to know what we were paying him for, I'm guessing he's making a 7 figure salary so he must have had some responsibilities for those years.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A lot of the posters that are tired of the Ireland "whiners" are the same ones that whine about lack of fans going to games week after week. You might be right that complaining about Ireland won't accomplish anything but neither will whining about the lack of fans at the game. Whats ironic is Ireland is the reason for the lack of fans at the games.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kinda like Junc is all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post

Quote Quote