Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Dee: No final decision on logo yet, will have one by draft

1. -41
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So, are we expecting fully new jerseys too? All of this by next draft?

mmmm

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Mike Dee is involved you've got to believe they butcher it. That's what I posted in that Griese/Marino thread regarding the logo a couple of months ago, and I'll stand by it.

The toilet bowl version is hysterically inept. Imagine how many nights they stayed up, drawing the tail and head further and further outside the ring. That's enough. No it's not. Wrap it around the other side.

I can just imagine that on a helmet.

It looks like something you spin to win a free prize. I see that all the time in Las Vegas, nearby the keno lounge. The crowds gather around and cheer, or at least the host encourages them to cheer. It couldn't be more hokey. In our case it's a dilemma whether to spin by the tail section or the head section. You need audience help, like Price is Right when undecided whether or not to stand on 65 cents.

I hope we didn't pay the design company any more than that. What a contribution to Dolphin lore.

IMO, you've really got to be a simpleton to want a tough looking dolphin. Let teenagers be simpletons. They want black cars and black injected into every color scheme. We're not formidable unless we're scowling and black. Maybe the Canes should alter the U to be black, and with thorny ends. That will do it. Orange and green is sort of wimpy, come to think of it.

Imagine the Boston Celtics screwing around with their logo. Of all the logos in professional sports, I always thought the Dolphin logo shared similarities with the Celtics logo. There's a prominent ring, a character with a hat who extends just outside the ring on both sides. Friendly looking character. Perhaps a bit too much going on overall, and not easily sketchable, but a warm feel to the entirety. Almost a wink and a nod, like we know something you don't. I always wondered if the fact that the Dolphins were born in the midst of the great Celtics dynasty of the '60s had something to do with our logo.

If we give up our Celtics-caliber logo, we're just another slop franchise trying to look modern and tough, and remarkably ignorant of how irrelevant that is. Besides, if you adopt a terrible new fight song you can still play the old one more often than not. A logo change doesn't peel off at halftime.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    do we even need a new logo?

I like the logo from the late 70's the best.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not that I am a big fan of the leaks (don't hate them either), I've never been a big fan of the last update to our logo - still super cartoony and the helmet needs to go at this point. Why is everyone so attached to the current logo?

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    the leaked one looks girly as hell. it needs to look agressive, or dont change it
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    A very famous spit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish they'd just make the sun bigger, more vibrant with the Dolphin jumping into into it much like the 70s logo. That way you wouldn't need the Dolphin to be so curved and cartoonish like it is now.

Also I'd love it if we had the logo on one side and a nice orange M on the other. Or numbers.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SD
    Thanks / No Thanks

Mike Dee: No final decision on logo yet, will have one by draft

i have no problems with the leaked logo. Although a few more options would be nice, i for one am ok with this one leaked, it seems a little more classy/cleaner than the current one (no dig at the current one which i also like). I honestly would like for the team to give options to the fans to choose from, that would be awesome.
    The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Personally, the change I would like to see is the uniforms having a grey base with Aqua and Orange trim. The logo that was used from the mid 70s to late 80s would look good with that. However, I am far more interested in the product on the field then how they are dressed to play.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    ah you want to play hopscotch. Not interested. and you and others are certainly showing a lack of patience daily.
    Well, I for one, have been waiting since 1973.

Hope that's patient enough for ya!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Glad we aren't using the penis looking one. I could see our division rivals editing that.

Anyways something like this (someone posted this on a previous thread):

Except the Dolphin and Sun could be more like this:

No helmet. And I think that would be nice.
    Quote Quote