Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox News: Westboro is a Left-Wing Cult

1. -11
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    waste of time locke. who cares what fox news, msnbc, etc say? we all know they are going to make **** up to make their base feel good. you could spend all day reading bs the media spins out. im pretty sure you are too busy to care.
    Oh, agreed completely. It's just one of the few things I've read recently that actually made me laugh out loud, so I figured I'd share with my PoFo brothers...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post

Funniest classification from Fox since they declared the Tea Party patriots but the Occupy Wall Street members as borderline terrorists who hate capitalism and the American way.

On a more serious note: Patriot Guard Riders, awesome. A few years back we had to bury a friend of mine after he drove over an IED while serving. We got wind of a "church" group gathering to protest the funeral. One of the guys who helped organize the funeral called up a local branch of the PGR(or a knock off, whatever) and they came out in full force. Bikes everywhere and enough to set up a human wall. The hate group never showed up, so they instead lined up at the entrance of where we were holding the ceremony and held up American flags.

A good number of these guys were ex-military who had been screwed over in more ways than i could count. Yet they still showed up for their fallen brothers. At the end of the funeral, they just got on their bikes and drove home, asked nothing of anyone. I have a great deal of respect for those guys and everyone else should as well.
    My dad is a biker, so I've spent a lot of times with guys like these. Even went up to Sturgiss with him when I was 16 or so. Some of these guys are shady, but most of them are damn good people. Some of the craziest stories I've heard come from them. I have nothing but respect for them, and especially the PGR. I'm not sure there is a more intimidating group of people, which they realize I'm sure. Probably came to the self-realization that they're perfect for ****ing with Westboro...
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    Just because they interpret the holy scriptures literally? That makes them non Christians?

That makes zero sense
    To take certain scriptures and to twist them to suit your wishes is Christian? That's what makes zero sense.

If you are a Christian, you follow Christ. You try and be like Christ. What, in all of their hate filled rhetoric is Christ like?

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jesus save us!!!!

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    To take certain scriptures and to twist them to suit your wishes is Christian? That's what makes zero sense.

If you are a Christian, you follow Christ. You try and be like Christ. What, in all of their hate filled rhetoric is Christ like?
    Christ never spoke against homosexuality, but the bible clearly does. You don't have to twist anything, you can just read it. Same goes for working on Sunday, *thinking* about boning someone's wife, or considering other religions (just to name a few)

Christians are supposed to follow the teachings of the scriptures, right? The same scriptures that are used to justify all sorts of looney beliefs that even mainstream Christians hold... Genesis is the easiest to point and laugh at for anyone with an elementary understanding of physics and biology.

If you're saying that Christianity is a contradiction then I agree and would ask why anyone would be a Christian it after accepting that fact.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You pray to your Jesus, I'll pray to mine
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I pray to the sun.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    Christ never spoke against homosexuality, but the bible clearly does. You don't have to twist anything, you can just read it. Same goes for working on Sunday, *thinking* about boning someone's wife, or considering other religions (just to name a few)

Christians are supposed to follow the teachings of the scriptures, right? The same scriptures that are used to justify all sorts of looney beliefs that even mainstream Christians hold... Genesis is the easiest to point and laugh at for anyone with an elementary understanding of physics and biology.

If you're saying that Christianity is a contradiction then I agree and would ask why anyone would be a Christian it after accepting that fact.
    You're trying to pick and choose your scripture. Jesus said he fulfilled all those laws, so we don't have to. We merely need to repent and follow Him to God. Christ said the only way to the Father was through Him. Not all the sacrifices and old laws, he took those for us on the cross.

I myself am something of a lapsed baptist, i'm just trying to tell you, just cuz they come from a church and claim to be Christians, that doesn't make it so. I can't go to a garage and proclaim myself a mechanic can I ?

Again, you're picking and choosing
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    You're trying to pick and choose your scripture. Jesus said he fulfilled all those laws, so we don't have to. We merely need to repent and follow Him to God. Christ said the only way to the Father was through Him. Not all the sacrifices and old laws, he took those for us on the cross.

I myself am something of a lapsed baptist, i'm just trying to tell you, just cuz they come from a church and claim to be Christians, that doesn't make it so. I can't go to a garage and proclaim myself a mechanic can I ?

Again, you're picking and choosing
    Im not picking and choosing at all... Am I highlighting the most obviously ludicrous passages? Yes.

You can't ignore what the bible says on certain topics and then accuse others of picking and choosing!

They are Christians because they believe (literally) in the Christian bible... Not because they're a church. They feel that they are doing everyone a favor by warning us of our impending trip to hell... That's where the good will towards men piece comes I for them.

The bible is trash... Written by a bunch of virginal men during the time of the Roman Empire and before. It has some good messages in there, but also has a lot of things in there that are just horrible. WBC exposes Christianity for what it is IMO.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://front.moveon.org/brilliant-ru...what-happened/

In case you want to hear what WBC believes... Brand is just priceless
    Quote Quote