Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fox News: Westboro is a Left-Wing Cult

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    The Sabbath was not Sunday goober.
    The sabbath is made up BS anyway... Call it whatever day you like
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I am playing devil's advocate now:

How come that every radical Christian is really not a Christian to keep Christianity clean yet every radical Muslim is a symbol of the typical Islam?
    You didn't even read the whole back and forth between me and spyder did you? I laid it all out there....

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    You didn't even read the whole back and forth between me and spyder did you? I laid it all out there....
    In this thread I did. If you had a conversation anywhere else with spyder I admit I did not.

The conversation you had here supports my comment. You excuse the Westboro's not to be Christians yet they following the teachings of the Bible in their own ways.

So, radical Christians are not really Christians but radical Muslims are really Muslims.

PS That Obama was not attacking us because of religious purposes is and was well known.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

4. -34

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In this thread I did. If you had a conversation anywhere else with spyder I admit I did not.

The conversation you had here supports my comment. You excuse the Westboro's not to be Christians yet they following the teachings of the Bible in their own ways.

So, radical Christians are not really Christians but radical Muslims are really Muslims.

PS That Obama was not attacking us because of religious purposes is and was well known.
    :sigh:

OK....for the last time
    Not everyone that reads a bible or goes to church is a Christian. Think on this.....the Old Testament is the foundation for 3 religions....Judaism, Christians, Islam. Of the three, 2 adhere to newer testaments, Christianity and Islam. Both claim that their leaders, Jesus and Muhhamed, are Gods last messenger to His people. To truly follow, you must abide by their teachings. Christ taught that the old law in the old testament was fulfilled in His death and that a new law was in place, and that the people that followed Him would receive salvation. If you follow Christs teachings, you are a Christian. If you follow His example and do as He did, you deserve the title of Christian.
    Westboro church, by invoking Canonical law, are not following Christs teaching, and therefore are not Christian. They are a sect, and a dangerous one at that.

I'll use the analogy again.....If i walk into a garage and pick up a wrench, can i call myself a mechanic? You will know them by their fruit.....it isn't that hard a concept to grasp. I don't know much about Islam, but by the little ive read of the Koran and discussed with Muslims, Osama Bin Laden was not a true Muslim....he did not follow the teachings of the Koran properly. Hate is a terrible defiler....and people that let Westboro claim the title of Christian or Osama the title of Muslim are doing a disservice to the tru followers of those teachers.

I hope that clears it up for you

PS:
    I bet you meant Osama and not Obama in your PS
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    The sabbath is made up BS anyway... Call it whatever day you like

Jews really never honored the Sabbath? They just made it up? Thatís news to me. Itís just annoying when anti-Christians start trying to bash on the Bible but then proceed to make simple errors that indicate they really donít know what they are talking about.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

Jews really never honored the Sabbath? They just made it up? Thatís news to me. Itís just annoying when anti-Christians start trying to bash on the Bible but then proceed to make simple errors that indicate they really donít know what they are talking about.
    Stemming from the day of rest in Genesis, right? Sabbath literally translates to rest day. Yeah, that's made up.
    Last edited by spydertl79; 12-28-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How come that every radical Christian is really not a Christian to keep Christianity clean yet every radical Muslim is a symbol of the typical Islam?
    In addition to what MoFinz said above, how the masses react to radicals can also be indicative.

Show us the masses celebrating the Westboro kooks and speaking up in defense of them. They can do what they do because they have rights and protections under our laws, not because they have an army of fanatics willing the defend them to the death. Our population is extremely outspoken AGAINST them without any fear of retribution. In no way are they viewed as religious or political leaders of anyone outside their cult.

Perhaps its just the skew of our media, but radical muslims seem to have a large and vocal following. It could be that many muslims "go with the flow" because not appearing supportive of the radicals can lead violent retribution.

Americans/Christians overwhelmingly, and very openly, despise the kooks of Westboro Baptist. For whatever reason, that's not how it appears to be with the average muslim in many muslim countries.
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    In addition to what MoFinz said above, how the masses react to radicals can also be indicative.

Show us the masses celebrating the Westboro kooks and speaking up in defense of them. They can do what they do because they have rights and protections under our laws, not because they have an army of fanatics willing the defend them to the death. Our population is extremely outspoken AGAINST them without any fear of retribution. In no way are they viewed as religious or political leaders of anyone outside their cult.

Perhaps its just the skew of our media, but radical muslims seem to have a large and vocal following. It could be that many muslims "go with the flow" because not appearing supportive of the radicals can lead violent retribution.

Americans/Christians overwhelmingly, and very openly, despise the kooks of Westboro Baptist. For whatever reason, that's not how it appears to be with the average muslim in many muslim countries.
    Pure, unadulterated ignorance. For ****'s sake. If you don't know something, don't comment. I'm a first generation son of an Iranian immigrant. Muslims HATE Al Queda, the Taliban, and everyone who acts in an extreme manner. They are furious that they make the rest of them look like something they're not. The Koran is very clear in saying that murder will send you to hell. My father is an atheist now, but he still gets television from the region, as well as talks to his family on a regular basis. I can assure you, the average muslim thinks less of the radicals than Christians think of Westboro...
    Last edited by Locke; 12-29-2012 at 02:39 PM.

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

9. -39

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://floppingaces.net/2010/08/01/t...ttacks-of-911/

One of the largest candlelight vigils in the country's history was held in the streets of Tehran after the attack. Similar things happened all over the middle east. But of course, our media won't tell you that. Our media wants the masses to hate the entire region. Our media only points out the pockets of retards who happen to be the minority...
    Quote Quote