Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Their voice is silenced. Violently. In the streets in front of their neighbors for everyone to see. Then their bodies are left in the street to rot, which is among the most disrespectful things that can be done in Islam. They are terrified physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It's hard to imagine because we don't have to live with it here in the states. If the civilians also had access to RPGs, assault weapons, and everything that the terrorists do? Maybe we would start to see some opposition. Unfortunately, they don't. It's not worth it to voice opposition when they have no way to defend themselves...
I dunno....i would have thought the Taliban and A-Q started out as subversive groups.....sure, we helped armed them, but they had to express the will to fight before we did. Despite their overwhelming numbers that some have alleged, and in every Islamic country i can ever recall reading about, no Mullah has stepped forward and attempted to collect the people.
Maybe it's just me, but if it's so oppresive, wouldn't you think they would collectively at least TRY to shake off the yoke of terror? Is it better to live as a subjugated coward or die as someone truly professing Allah's will?
Just throwing it out there......