Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Fox News: Westboro is a Left-Wing Cult

1. -51
    Finatical Finfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    Why didn't you stop Adam Lanza from killing those little kids you heartless bastard? You're an american, he's an American.
    Awful analogy, really. Who in America knew that he had murder on his mind? Who in the middle east knows AQ has blowing things up on their minds?

I agree with both. I realize there are extremists in just about every faith, some mean no harm, and others are psychos and give each religion a bad name.

But I think what he was saying, was, why the (some) governments of the middle turn a blind eye to a KNOWN terrorist organization? Do they say all the right things, yet deep down hope all "infidels" die in a fiery death? I understand those civilians who are scared, but, the people who CAN do something don't. If the majority of the people hate the extremists, why not do something about it? You will have the people's support.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticalFinfan View Post
    Awful analogy, really. Who in America knew that he had murder on his mind? Who in the middle east knows AQ has blowing things up on their minds?

I agree with both. I realize there are extremists in just about every faith, some mean no harm, and others are psychos and give each religion a bad name.

But I think what he was saying, was, why the (some) governments of the middle turn a blind eye to a KNOWN terrorist organization? Do they say all the right things, yet deep down hope all "infidels" die in a fiery death? I understand those civilians who are scared, but, the people who CAN do something don't. If the majority of the people hate the extremists, why not do something about it? You will have the people's support.
    Sounds like you don't understand middle east politics either. Why do you think there is so much unrest over there? The Taliban effectively overthrew the government in Afghanistan, which is why that country has been such a focus for the West. They go into cities and pull families out of their homes and execute them in front of everyone for opposing them. Similar things are being attempted all over the middle east. Syria is in the middle of it as we speak. Pakistan has had issues with Al Queda being hidden there by some members of the government, allowing them to gain strength. Nothing is ever cut-and-dry like you're trying to make it sound...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticalFinfan View Post

I'm not good at inferring what people mean aside from what they type
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Reading comprehension; that number is referencing the one's attacked.

Writing comprehension. You said:
    This number is bound to be controversial and subject to error. If this involved 18,000 Muslims, that's a little over one-thousandth of one percent of Muslims who engaged in a terrorist or violent attempted attack or attack anywhere in the world.
    You combined ignorance with idiocy to guess that only one terrorist is involved in each attack to come up with this gem of an estimate; "a little over one-thousandth of one percent of Muslims who engaged in a terrorist or violent attempted attack or attack anywhere in the world."
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    I'm not good at inferring what people mean aside from what they type
    You can say that again!
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What, you want farmers & local villagers to collectively pick up their pitchforks & storm the RPG wielding Al Qaeda?
    What you're basically saying is that 99.99% of muslims, and all muslim governments, are too cowardly and powerless to even attempt to stop Al Qaeda. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

All I'm saying is that either you're right and all muslim non-terrorists and muslim governments are impotent cowards, OR there is a lot more support and enabling going on than you're willing to admit.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    What you're basically saying is that 99.99% of muslims, and all muslim governments, are too cowardly and powerless to even attempt to stop Al Qaeda. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

All I'm saying is that either you're right and all muslim non-terrorists and muslim governments are impotent cowards, OR there is a lot more support and enabling going on than you're willing to admit.
    So let me get this straight. If this average Muslim living in, say, Pakistan doesn't "make an attempt" to stop Al Queda, they're either an impotent coward or an enabler?

What qualifies as an attempt? Going house to house with an AK-47 and asking, "is there any Al Queda here?" and blowing away anyone who says "yes"? Or maybe they're supposed to organize raiding parties to go out into the mountains and storm terrorist training facilities, because accomplishing something the Marines find difficult is certainly a realistic goal for farmers and shepherds.

What a great approach to the problem. Bravo!
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What's that response that everyone here likes to use? Oh yes, "reading comprehension."

In this thread we've been told that:
    - muslims hate muslim terrorists
    - muslims outnumber muslim terrorists 9,999 to 1
    - the terrorists, without any support from the 99.99%, and despite being hated by the 99.99%, cannot be stopped, impeded, confronted by the 99.99%.

Something doesn't add up.

The way the ostriches here keep referring to shepherds and farmers would lead one to believe that most muslim governments don't have armed forces. Do the governments and armies oppose the terrorists or are they not included in the 99.99% of muslims that hate muslim terrorists way more than Christians hate Westboro Baptist?

One good thing about muslim governments ... they make our inept government look absolutely masterful when it comes to dealing with terrorists training inside our borders.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    What's that response that everyone here likes to use? Oh yes, "reading comprehension."

In this thread we've been told that:
    - muslims hate muslim terrorists
    - muslims outnumber muslim terrorists 9,999 to 1
    - the terrorists, without any support from the 99.99%, and despite being hated by the 99.99%, cannot be stopped, impeded, confronted by the 99.99%.

Something doesn't add up.

The way the ostriches here keep referring to shepherds and farmers would lead one to believe that most muslim governments don't have armed forces. Do the governments and armies oppose the terrorists or are they not included in the 99.99% of muslims that hate muslim terrorists way more than Christians hate Westboro Baptist?

One good thing about muslim governments ... they make our inept government look absolutely masterful when it comes to dealing with terrorists training inside our borders.
    So the Indonesian government is supposed to do what exactly about people living in the mountains of Pakistan and Afghanistan? Intrigued to hear your answer.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did you mean to imply that the Indonesian government is the nearest non-terrorist supporting muslim government to Pakistan and Afghanistan?
    Quote Quote