Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 79

Thread: Fox News: Westboro is a Left-Wing Cult

  1. -61
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,305
    vCash:
    30706
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Did you mean to imply that the Indonesian government is the nearest non-terrorist supporting muslim government to Pakistan and Afghanistan?
    I wasn't implying that, no. Indonesia is in the same hemisphere and has the largest Muslim population in the world. If anyone's going to do something about it, presumably it would be them.

    But why would they? What's the incentive for them? Or Bangladesh? Or Nigeria? The fact that some small minded people in the US are painting all Muslims with the same brush isn't reason enough.

    This line of argument you're on is really very silly.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Indonesia is in the same hemisphere and has the largest Muslim population in the world. If anyone's going to do something about it, presumably it would be them.
    If they have the terrorists outnumbered 9,999 to 1, why would local muslims/governments in nations that are known to have a terrorist problem need look to Indonesia to do something about it?

    How many non-terrorists have died in Afghanistan due to the actions of OBL/Al Qaeda and the Taliban? How many groups of been taken out by predator strikes because one terrorist was thought to be among them?

    Sorry, but it still doesn't make any sense:

    - muslims hate muslim terrorists
    - muslims outnumber muslim terrorists 9,999 to 1
    - muslim governments/armed forces do not support the terrorists
    - the terrorists, without any support from the 99.99%, and despite being hated by the 99.99%, cannot be stopped, impeded, confronted by the 99.99%
    ďIím somewhat disappointed that more African Americans donít think for themselves and just go with whatever theyíre supposed to say and think."


    - Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,793
    vCash:
    4794
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    If they have the terrorists outnumbered 9,999 to 1, why would local muslims/governments in nations that are known to have a terrorist problem need look to Indonesia to do something about it?

    How many non-terrorists have died in Afghanistan due to the actions of OBL/Al Qaeda and the Taliban? How many groups of been taken out by predator strikes because one terrorist was thought to be among them?

    Sorry, but it still doesn't make any sense:

    - muslims hate muslim terrorists
    - muslims outnumber muslim terrorists 9,999 to 1
    - muslim governments/armed forces do not support the terrorists
    - the terrorists, without any support from the 99.99%, and despite being hated by the 99.99%, cannot be stopped, impeded, confronted by the 99.99%
    Your ignorance astounds me. What's worse is that it's willful ignorance. Disgusting...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm ignorant because you can't answer my question?

    Go ahead and insult me all you want - that's long been the standard of Finheaven since it's inception. Please expend a tiny bit of effort trying to fill in the missing pieces.

    If what you and your ilk has claimed is true:
    - muslims hate muslim terrorists
    - muslims outnumber muslim terrorists 9,999 to 1
    - muslim governments/armed forces do not support the terrorists
    - the terrorists, without any support from the 99.99%, and despite being hated by the 99.99%, cannot be stopped, impeded, confronted by the 99.99%

    Why do muslim terrorists exist? Muslims hate them and they do nothing but cause chaos and destruction. What benefit to muslim society do terrorists offer? Why are they tolerated?

    Either one of the claims of you or your ilk is wrong, there's something you're leaving out ... or my "ignorance" doesn't come close to matching your idealism and naivety.
    Last edited by GoFins!; 01-02-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I wasn't implying that, no. Indonesia is in the same hemisphere and has the largest Muslim population in the world. If anyone's going to do something about it, presumably it would be them.

    But why would they? What's the incentive for them? Or Bangladesh? Or Nigeria? The fact that some small minded people in the US are painting all Muslims with the same brush isn't reason enough. This line of argument you're on is really very silly.
    But arent the terrorists terrorizing the people in their own countries first and foremost? Using them as shields. Killing those that speak out against them or resist in any way? Seems to me its like the school yard bully that beats on the weak while surrounded by classmates watching but not stopping the bully, either approving of the bully or too cowardly to fight back against the bully.

    I think GoFins is making a pretty good argument...if the people hate the terrorists so much, and they outnumber the terrorists by such a great number, why have they not fought back against the terrorists? Theyre not sheep, theyre people.


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,793
    vCash:
    4794
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    But arent the terrorists terrorizing the people in their own countries first and foremost? Using them as shields. Killing those that speak out against them or resist in any way? Seems to me its like the school yard bully that beats on the weak while surrounded by classmates watching but not stopping the bully, either approving of the bully or too cowardly to fight back against the bully.

    I think GoFins is making a pretty good argument...if the people hate the terrorists so much, and they outnumber the terrorists by such a great number, why have they not fought back against the terrorists? Theyre not sheep, theyre people.
    How are they going to do it when the terrorists are armed to the teeth? In a chunk of these countries, they are better equipped than the military. In Afghanistan, the Taliban overthrew the government and are now the military. It's no coincidence that the countries with strong established militaries, like Iran, are the ones that have the least issues with terrorists. It doesn't matter if someone is outnumbered 1,000 to 1 when they have access to RPGs, assault weapons, bombs, and whatever else you can think of. GoFins doesn't make a good point. He is commenting on things he obviously knows nothing about...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    How are they going to do it when the terrorists are armed to the teeth? In a chunk of these countries, they are better equipped than the military. In Afghanistan, the Taliban overthrew the government and are now the military. It's no coincidence that the countries with strong established militaries, like Iran, are the ones that have the least issues with terrorists. It doesn't matter if someone is outnumbered 1,000 to 1 when they have access to RPGs, assault weapons, bombs, and whatever else you can think of. GoFins doesn't make a good point. He is commenting on things he obviously knows nothing about...
    So.....gun control is a good idea? J/K. Remember our forefathers were just farmers with pitchforks and squirrel rifles. 1,000 to 1 are incredible numbers. At what ratio do the people take back their country if they despise the Taliban and A-Q so much? At what point do the good men stand up and rally the opressed to action?

    This topic piques my curiosity. This could be a great debate
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,793
    vCash:
    4794
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    So.....gun control is a good idea? J/K. Remember our forefathers were just farmers with pitchforks and squirrel rifles. 1,000 to 1 are incredible numbers. At what ratio do the people take back their country if they despise the Taliban and A-Q so much? At what point do the good men stand up and rally the opressed to action?

    This topic piques my curiosity. This could be a great debate
    I think this is where the U.S. is somewhat correct in intervening. On paper, helping Iraq set up a government and establish a military is the best way to keep terrorists out of there. In reality, the people who live there have to be OK with it, and how can they be? The U.S. invaded their country, destroyed their homes, killed thousands of civilians directly or indirectly, and completely changed their way of life. If a country came to the U.S. and said, "Help us. We need you to guide us in setting up a functional government and military. Our people are 100% behind your presence", I think it would work. Good luck with that happening...
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I think this is where the U.S. is somewhat correct in intervening. On paper, helping Iraq set up a government and establish a military is the best way to keep terrorists out of there. In reality, the people who live there have to be OK with it, and how can they be? The U.S. invaded their country, destroyed their homes, killed thousands of civilians directly or indirectly, and completely changed their way of life. If a country came to the U.S. and said, "Help us. We need you to guide us in setting up a functional government and military. Our people are 100% behind your presence", I think it would work. Good luck with that happening...
    Yeah, that's not realistic. But we shouldn't be world police either. Nor should we fight others wars unless we have a vested interest and they come to us seeking help. But again, if the number of muslims opposed to the Taliban and A-Q and whatever other branches exist so far outweight the proponents, how come they arent organizing and planning and putting a message out there? Where are the clerics, who hold more power than the politicians? I don't see it. I know there are a ton of muslims that don't side with A-Q and their ilk...but where is their voice?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,793
    vCash:
    4794
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Yeah, that's not realistic. But we shouldn't be world police either. Nor should we fight others wars unless we have a vested interest and they come to us seeking help. But again, if the number of muslims opposed to the Taliban and A-Q and whatever other branches exist so far outweight the proponents, how come they arent organizing and planning and putting a message out there? Where are the clerics, who hold more power than the politicians? I don't see it. I know there are a ton of muslims that don't side with A-Q and their ilk...but where is their voice?
    Their voice is silenced. Violently. In the streets in front of their neighbors for everyone to see. Then their bodies are left in the street to rot, which is among the most disrespectful things that can be done in Islam. They are terrified physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It's hard to imagine because we don't have to live with it here in the states. If the civilians also had access to RPGs, assault weapons, and everything that the terrorists do? Maybe we would start to see some opposition. Unfortunately, they don't. It's not worth it to voice opposition when they have no way to defend themselves...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 11:55 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 10:07 PM
  3. Newt Gingrich says the left-wing admires terrorists.
    By Tetragrammaton in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 12:54 AM
  4. Any chance that the left wing propaganda back fired?
    By Bling in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 10:51 AM
  5. New Left Wing Talk Radio
    By Tuna Squad in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •