Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demand That Celebrities Go F Themselves!!!!!

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Demand That Celebrities Go F Themselves!!!!!

[youtube]k1SZurGArxE[/youtube]

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So celebrities aren't allowed to have opinions, now? If that's the case, people like Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood should go **** themselves too...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    So celebrities aren't allowed to have opinions, now? If that's the case, people like Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood should go **** themselves too...
    And you, my good and excellent friend, have every right to tell them to go F themselves as well. Their opinions hold exactly as much clout as yours or mine, thats all.

Well, plus the blatant hypocrisy of the people in the video posted. They didnt mind the payday that all that gun violence provided did they?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think I did attack Norris for his crazy Jesus talk. For me it's funny getting lectured by people who themselves probably have more to do with the glamorization and glory of guns, killing and violence. The difference is I'm not trying to take away some of their 1st amendment rights.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    And you, my good and excellent friend, have every right to tell them to go F themselves as well. Their opinions hold exactly as much clout as yours or mine, thats all.

Well, plus the blatant hypocrisy of the people in the video posted. They didnt mind the payday that all that gun violence provided did they?
    I wish that were true. I mean, I understand why people get upset when celebrities voice their opinions. For most people, someone like Will Smith or Justin Timberlake is going to sway way more people than their local congressman, clergyman, or anyone really. Entertainment sells, and when someone famous says something, it carries clout. It just doesn't seem right to skewer them for speaking out, especially when there are those who come out on the other side of the fence too. RG3 came out and said he was a Republican who was planning on voting for Romney. I didn't see anyone getting on his case about it, except for that dude from ESPN calling him a white guy. There's a level of hypocrisy going on here...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the point of this thread was the celebrities in that video hypocrisy for calling for more gun control, when they have glorified violence and gotten fame and fortune for doing so.

Celebrities may influence some....but i still think we are all duty bound to think for ourselves. Of course, we may like a celebrity more that shares our views. Hence the reason the Dixie Chicks don't go Platinum anymore and Toby Keith can sing about a disposable cup and make millions
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    I think the point of this thread was the celebrities in that video hypocrisy for calling for more gun control, when they have glorified violence and gotten fame and fortune for doing so.

Celebrities may influence some....but i still think we are all duty bound to think for ourselves. Of course, we may like a celebrity more that shares our views. Hence the reason the Dixie Chicks don't go Platinum anymore and Toby Keith can sing about a disposable cup and make millions
    What happened with the Dixie Chicks? I was wondering why they kind of fell off the face of the music world...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    What happened with the Dixie Chicks? I was wondering why they kind of fell off the face of the music world...
    They made anti bush statements a few years before the whole party turned on him. An unforgivable sin apparently.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How many of these celebrities have armed guards????

I would respect this message more if it was principled. "That from this day fourth I won't have armed security or do any movies using guns again." Then I might listen.
    Quote Quote