Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Omar Kelly: John Jerry should be moved to Right Tackle next season

1. -41
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as everybody loves to jump on Omar, the idea of pushing him to RT after the season if Jake is not resigned has been discussed and been supported by guys like CK, Boomer, Ben Volin, Jeff Darlington, and guys in the VIP section. It's a plausible idea. He has the feet to do it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no way

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

andrew gardner is twice the player john jerry is
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    I thought he was going to be our Rt this season before we drafted Martin I think he's better suited there myself

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    as everybody loves to jump on Omar, the idea of pushing him to RT after the season if Jake is not resigned has been discussed and been supported by guys like CK, Boomer, Ben Volin, Jeff Darlington, and guys in the VIP section. It's a plausible idea. He has the feet to do it.
    Hold on a quick second...Many (myself included) wanted to see Jerry at RT after Long's injury this year. The genesis of that idea though was to look at Samadu at RG a replacement for Jerry next year. In 2011, Jerry held up well on the edge when Long was hurt and many figured he could get through the end of the year better than Nate Garner. However, Garner has proven to be legit.

I never thought that Jerry was a longterm answer at RT. I give Jim Turner, Mike Sherman and Joe Philbin a ton of credit by going with Nate Garner. Garner has been very solid at RT. I have always liked Garner as a reserve because he can swing to many spots along the line. The last few games have shown that he could compete for the starting spot next year and at the very least be a valuable back up.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    agreed watching the last 3 games I think they have done a tremendous job with Garner... and Jerry has suprised at guard
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LandShark13 View Post
    Omar Kelly is a pretty good barometer. Do the exact opposite of what he suggests and you will be right the majority of the time.
    So you're saying....... don't change, move him to left Tackle,or ........ DE
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Although we've improved the last couple weeks, our interior run blocking has been AWFUL most of the season. How many 3rd and 1's up the gut have we blown? Too many to count. It has been improving the last couple weeks, but I still think Jerry is a below average run blocker.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Omar prefers to watch line play...and that's telling.

Cam Wake is who Brady looks for under his bed at night.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atila View Post
    Although we've improved the last couple weeks, our interior run blocking has been AWFUL most of the season. How many 3rd and 1's up the gut have we blown? Too many to count. It has been improving the last couple weeks, but I still think Jerry is a below average run blocker.
    The only reason we've improved the last 2 weeks with our run blocking is playing the #31 and #32 rated defensive teams against the run
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

FH

Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    I'd like to see them make a play for Patriot free agent rt/lt Sebastian Vollmer
    He is 6'8 and 320 lbs and very athletic. This year as a starter his salary was $980 k
    as a starter was almost half of what we paid Murtha.

Depending what he wants it just might be a good upgrade for the 28 year old
    I totally agree ... but we'd need to pay significantly more than New England or he'd never move from that ideal situation to a rebuilding team.

As for Jerry, I've never been a fan. He's lazy. For a guy with his natural athletic ability to be poor at run blocking is astounding. Clearly he's not a zone blocking scheme type of OL, but wow, if he is THAT bad opening running lanes and his strong suit is allowing 14 hurries, I'd say his days are clearly numbered. At least Incognito sticks up for his teammates and is good in the locker room ... Jerry doesn't even provide that. I will not be surprised if the OL is where we make an impact in FA. Other than guys like Greg Jennings or Jason Babin, I don't see a lot of good fits for us in FA. But, our OL will definitely be different than this season's.
    Quote Quote