Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Sotomayor refuses to block morning-after pill rule

  1. -31
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,432
    vCash:
    4908
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Then it's not their fault, it's ours. We have failed our children, because we didn't care enough to teach them right and wrong, consequences and repercussions.

    How sad is that?
    I dont have any children, but when/if I do, Im not going to be one of those parents that sticks their heads in the sand and are then shocked when their kids have a child on the way, are ****ed up on drugs, get into a bad incident involving alcohol, ect.

    At the end of the day, regardless of what you tried to tell them, kids are going to experiment with alcohol and sex. Its the parents job to not live in denial, realize whats happening, and have a grown up talk about it. Im from a very small town so word gets around about damn near anything. My parents always called me on my bull**** when they heard stuff. Some of my friend's parents just refused to ever believe their baby would do any wrong and kept turning a blind eye. I ended up better off than a lot of them.




    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    spydertl79's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    8,807
    vCash:
    1297
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Yeah...the teen pregnancy rate really reflects that , especially in the inner cities,

    And btw, i don't endorse abstinence only, but as part of the whole curriculum in sex ed. Please don't put words in my mouth, or express ideas i have never expressed as my own.

    In my sex Ed classes they did teach that abstinence was the only 100% effective method to prevent pregnancy and STD. They also taught us about contraception, I think that's probably standard practice.

    The alternative is abstinence only, which the studies above referred to as being ineffective.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,040
    vCash:
    2534
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Yeah...the teen pregnancy rate really reflects that , especially in the inner cities,

    And btw, i don't endorse abstinence only, but as part of the whole curriculum in sex ed. Please don't put words in my mouth, or express ideas i have never expressed as my own.
    You realize that abstinence only programs arent limited to country rural areas, correct? For any study whatsoever there will always be people that justify the opposing side by pointing the finger at a small sample and suggesting that disproves everything. The fact remains that overwhelming evidence has shown that abstinence only teaching have the direct opposite results of their stated goals and that sex-education has a higher success rate for that same goal. Not a complete success rate, higher.

    Slightly unrelated, but the logic behind sex educational programs has shown greater results in other facets of society. Studies have shown that soldiers perform better when they have their orders explained to them instead of merely demanding obedience. Its human nature.

    Please quote the part where i stated you said...well, anything. The "dont do that" part of my sentence was refering to the logic behind abstinence programs. So, by all means, please quote where i put words in your mouth.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    You realize that abstinence only programs arent limited to country rural areas, correct? For any study whatsoever there will always be people that justify the opposing side by pointing the finger at a small sample and suggesting that disproves everything. The fact remains that overwhelming evidence has shown that abstinence only teaching have the direct opposite results of their stated goals and that sex-education has a higher success rate for that same goal. Not a complete success rate, higher.

    Slightly unrelated, but the logic behind sex educational programs has shown greater results in other facets of society. Studies have shown that soldiers perform better when they have their orders explained to them instead of merely demanding obedience. Its human nature.

    Please quote the part where i stated you said...well, anything. The "dont do that" part of my sentence was refering to the logic behind abstinence programs. So, by all means, please quote where i put words in your mouth.
    You brought up anstinence only as a rebuttal to my wishes that abstinence be taught in schools. I never said anything about only abstinence being taught, you went there all on your own buddy. Yet your reply was directed totally at me as if i had.

    Nice try to recant, but as in much else in your life.....


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,040
    vCash:
    2534
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    You brought up anstinence only as a rebuttal to my wishes that abstinence be taught in schools. I never said anything about only abstinence being taught, you went there all on your own buddy. Yet your reply was directed totally at me as if i had.

    Nice try to recant, but as in much else in your life.....
    That came in joke form. But more seriously, are you under the assumption that sexual education doesnt teach children that abstinence avoids the risk of pregnancy and Std's? What exactly do you believe sex-ed talks about? Positions and foreplay?

    And what your saying is: you cant quote me because i didnt put words in your mouth but because i easily disproved what you suggested you felt threatened and overreacted. Understood, i imagine that happens often in your daily life.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    That came in joke form. But more seriously, are you under the assumption that sexual education doesnt teach children that abstinence avoids the risk of pregnancy and Std's? What exactly do you believe sex-ed talks about? Positions and foreplay?

    And what your saying is: you cant quote me because i didnt put words in your mouth but because i easily disproved what you suggested you felt threatened and overreacted. Understood, i imagine that happens often in your daily life.
    LOL...let's end this farce, because your delusions and half thoughts are dizzying.

    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,040
    vCash:
    2534
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    LOL...let's end this farce, because your delusions and half thoughts are dizzying.
    A shame, i was looking forward to how amusing your next failure of a post was going to be. You demanding i "stop putting words in your mouth" only to immediately tell me "what i really said" was hilarious. It was keeping your hypocrisy per post count going.

    To be fair, it never once occured to me that those who have absolutely no understanding of sex-ed believe that abstinence isnt taught in those classes. Teaching abstinence in sexual education classes is like teaching gravity in science classes. Only those who view the world in the limited lines of everything being black and white believe that abstinence is in direct conflict with sexual education. Then again, i should have remembered who i was having a conversation with.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    A shame, i was looking forward to how amusing your next failure of a post was going to be. You demanding i "stop putting words in your mouth" only to immediately tell me "what i really said" was hilarious. It was keeping your hypocrisy per post count going.

    To be fair, it never once occured to me that those who have absolutely no understanding of sex-ed believe that abstinence isnt taught in those classes. Teaching abstinence in sexual education classes is like teaching gravity in science classes. Only those who view the world in the limited lines of everything being black and white believe that abstinence is in direct conflict with sexual education. Then again, i should have remembered who i was having a conversation with.
    Hope you're lubing up while you keep thinking of me....hate to think of the friction burn giving your little Special Ed the Indian Burn treatment
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,040
    vCash:
    2534
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Hope you're lubing up while you keep thinking of me....hate to think of the friction burn giving your little Special Ed the Indian Burn treatment
    Hey, the count continues! You say "lets end this" then come back with more...insults? Im not rightfully certain, thus far they havent stung me. Either way, im thankful for the continued amusement.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,358
    vCash:
    7731
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Let's keep this on topic. Leave the other stuff for the anything goes thread.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Plan to Widen Availability of Morning-After Pill Is Rejected
    By JamesBW43 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 12:04 AM
  2. Sotomayor....Judges Do and Should Rule Based On Thier Race
    By GoonBoss in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 08:13 PM
  3. Morning-after pill to be available without prescription
    By DeathStar in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 271
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 07:58 PM
  4. Morning after pill: No prescription required
    By His'nBeatYour'n in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 03:21 PM
  5. Women Sue Wal-Mart Over Morning-After Pill
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •