Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Can you make a better Miami Dolphins logo?

1. -31
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does anyone know who created the logo in my sig? I want to know if they submitted it?
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's no wonder fans of other teams mock the Dolphins and say we have the most sissy colors and most cartoony looking logo in the entire league
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Apparently I need 10 posts to see these logos. 1 more to go.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityCat View Post
    Does anyone know who created the logo in my sig? I want to know if they submitted it?
    I posted that before and would highly approve of that. I'm also not totally against the leaked logo either. I prefer both to the current logo.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chadisawesome View Post
    leaving the decision to the fans would be a nightmare. do you see some of the suggestions people have made on other threads? 99% of people fear change. The university of california just changed their logo, and it looked wonderful. then the students decided they didn't like it, and complained so much they just went back to the old one. this is a business, and asking a bunch of angry fans what they want, especially when it concerns trying to "toughen up" a dolphin isn't going to end well. leave it up to the professionals.
    Wonderful? The new Cal logo looked like a worm in a can.

It was like a parody of a logo in this era. Make it as dull and corporate and cheap and forgettable as you dare, and then keep adding 10% per day along those lines for at least a week. Only at that point will you approximate what the so-called professionals will come up with.

I'm bewildered at the desire for a tough or aggressive dolphin but I'd damn sure trust the wisdom of the crowd above anything from a design agency in this era. That's why these threads with a professional's view are so comical. I don't want to know what they are prioritizing. That would be last on the list. That mindset produced logos like the Titans and Ravens and Jaguars in the past 15 years or so. It changed the great roadside Holiday Inn logo to a bunch of matchsticks that looks like a chopped up tic tac toe board. That's merely one example. I could keep going. Bad taste passed down the line, inspiring even worse taste.

No era has everything, just like no golfer has everything. Sam Snead developed the yips and this generation has the design yips. You've just got to acknowledge it and keep their wretched hands off as many things as possible.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    It's no wonder fans of other teams mock the Dolphins and say we have the most sissy colors and most cartoony looking logo in the entire league
    I've got no problem wearing the Dolphins colors. I'd welcome any criticism of my decision and if I heard someone attempt to talk **** about the sissy colors, I'd laugh first and then punch them in the dick next.

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're never going to make the Dolphin intimidating. All you're going to do is making yourself look like an idiot for trying.

If you're going to change the logo, it should be more akin to the Chicago Bears helmet, only with our colors and an "M" (with a sunburst or not, either way). Just my opinion.

Oh, and about the colors. The shade of aqua we're riding with now bothers me more than whether the Dolphin has a helmet or is angry or not. It's too light and too green and for my taste (not enough blue, in other words). I'd like to see a return to this:

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Should I submit this? Its a modification of the dolphin stadium version I made a while back.

Notice that the fins now look like an M. It has the traditional pose, but still looks sleek, modern and classic.
    I like this one. Good work. The thin white line abstracts it too much though. For all the philistines who scoffed at the criticism towards the leaked logo, notice how these lines evoke entirely different feelings from that version. This one has a sense of powerful forward motion and sleek natural grace that are the positive associations we have with the dolphin. That's accomplished with an abstracted representation that captures the spirit of what our logo should be more accurately. It's not a leisurely whale like creature loafing around stupidly. This is an evolved version of the traditional.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    ... Oh, and about the colors. The shade of aqua we're riding with now bothers me more than whether the Dolphin has a helmet or is angry or not. It's too light and too green and for my taste (not enough blue, in other words). I'd like to see a return to this:

Agreed about the color aqua. The current teal (a shade of green) being called aqua (a shade of blue) is the worst thing about our uniforms. I'd love to see us return to our actual colors ... aqua. I'm fine with the shade of aqua in this pic or the one in my avatar pic, but for goodness sake make it blue not green ... the Dolphins being green (teal) is kinda like if the Raiders started wearing brown and calling it black ... very wierd.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Agreed about the color aqua. The current teal (a shade of green) being called aqua (a shade of blue) is the worst thing about our uniforms. I'd love to see us return to our actual colors ... aqua. I'm fine with the shade of aqua in this pic.
    Actually, I'm fine with everything in the pic above - colors and logo. I'd welcome a return to this look.
    Quote Quote