Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could Dimitri Patterson be what we are missing

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've gotten to see Patterson play many times, when he was with Philly. He isn't a bad player and could be useful as a nickel/dime CB for Miami in the future. Sometimes a coach or coaching staff can make a big difference in a players development. Patterson regressed in Cleveland after playing well in Philly, I'm not sure why, but I suspect a difference in coaching. I was surprised Patterson got the call to start after just a few day's of practice. Patterson and McCann are IMHO, products of Coyles magic touch with DB's. Both McCann and Patterson could be to Miami what some of those Bengals DB's were before Coyle worked his wizardry on them. Patterson I think would have to restructure, if he's to stick around beyond 2012. But I really do like how both players have played and think they could be a big part of the solution moving forward. I still think Miami drafts a CB or Safety early in the 2013 draft. But for now I hope Miami has stumbled onto 2 useful players for the future.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ya .... Patterson is what we are missing.

You know what else is missing (for this thread)?

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Dolfan in England

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordOn13z View Post
    I also agree that one game is a small sample size BUT he played real well the last game given that he JUST joined the team. Yeah, playing CB is the same everywhere but communication staggers if you relocate. I remember him playing well in Philly. He didn't get beat ounce against a slightly above average WR corp. The real surprise here has been the play of McCann. He's been playing AMAZINGLY well the past two games. I've been dissecting every down hes played and his man coverage is tight. He was the one that help shut Stevie Johnson down. Smith got beat by Johnson early but after he went out injured McCann stepped in and did well. I invite you guys to go back and appreciate his coverage. Patterson's as well.
    I agree completely!
    Follow Me: @Darren_Foord (https://twitter.com/Darren_Foord) - Happy for a follow for follow of Dolphin fans!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It would be great if he pans out and we dont have to draft a CB, becuase him and Smith could be good, with Marshall on the nickle duties.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I talked a lot about Dimitri Patterson in the off season as an option at nickel CB and that's exactly what he is, a near-ideal nickel CB. That's how he played this Sunday and that's how he played with the Browns, and it's how he played with the Eagles. Put him on the outside and he gets into trouble, much like Richard Marshall. Keep him on the inside in the slot, and he's fine like wine.

The contracts of Dimitri Patterson and Richard Marshall lend toward an either-or decision in the off season, unless they decide to move Richard Marshall to free safety as Chris Clemons departs.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote