Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFL Franchise Tags and the Miami Dolphins

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    HAHAHHA! so Long is a failed pick because of injury!?!? that's a hoot and a holler. don't ever have kids... I can just imagine you screaming "Failure" as he sits on the football field with a broken ankle. Ryan, as it sits now 12/28/12 is the better choice, only because he has the supporting cast around him to succeed along with the fortune of not having any injuries to hamper his performance... Flip the switch, if Ryan was the one with the nagging injurries and Long is 100% injury free playing at his normal top 1-3 Left Tackle in the league, are we still having this discussion? one more thing, Ryan 100% has yet to do squate in the playoffs...
    U miss the whole point of my post and I forgive u because many fans here have to try to find a fault in Ryan. If we had drafted Ryan and 5 years later we were wondering the same thing then I would have the same comment. winning a playoff game or not they have the best record in the NFL after building a team around him and his talents, while we have jettisoned our coach and now seem to be having to let Jake Long go.

I will say again if u draft any player number one overall and when it comes next contract time in 5 years and there is not a definately better resign attached to him then u have failed with that pick. We are talking the number one pick in the draft, thats where u take a guy thats a foundation for your franchise. Jake Long for whatever reason is not that guy

Lets not act like this is the first time Long has been injured or his play hasnt declined
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    U miss the whole point of my post and I forgive u because many fans here have to try to find a fault in Ryan. If we had drafted Ryan and 5 years later we were wondering the same thing then I would have the same comment. winning a playoff game or not they have the best record in the NFL after building a team around him and his talents, while we have jettisoned our coach and now seem to be having to let Jake Long go.
    Thanks or the forgiveness... you're kinda like Jesus Christ. the best regular season record is as valuable as a screen door on a submarine... all you need to do these days is get into the playoffs to have a chance... I'm sure Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning will back me up on this.
    I will say again if u draft any player number one overall and when it comes next contract time in 5 years and there is not a definately better resign attached to him then u have failed with that pick. We are talking the number one pick in the draft, thats where u take a guy thats a foundation for your franchise. Jake Long for whatever reason is not that guy
    Bottom line is I agree with this to an extent... However there is a technicality attached to it, if it not for his injury history, he is absolutly worth the money... Calling Long a failure is a strecth when he has 4 pro-bowls to his name, I'll call it, victim of circumstance or bad timing... and truthfully I wasn't trying to turn this into a Ryan vs Long debate even though it seems to have gone that way.
    Lets not act like this is the first time Long has been injured or his play hasnt declined
    Who said it wasn't? Waht's your point? He was under contract and still performing at a pro bowl level even when injuried prior to this year.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote