Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Which TE would you prefer?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anthony Fasano

20 11.63%
  • Dustin Keller

34 19.77%
  • Jared Cook

79 45.93%
  • JerMichael Finley

39 22.67%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which TE would you want next year?

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cook is a real talent. This is an easy choice.

Edit: Fasano should be kept on the team obviously, I'm a fan of his. He contributes in blocking and can surprise people with a catch or two. Not every TE on the team needs to be some elite pass catcher with speed.
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispepper View Post
    I cant see us drafting another tight end, we'll probably pick up a vet in free agency. Im all for Cook or Keller.
    Why not? Indy drafted 2 TE's in the first 3 rounds last year and its worked out well. Dallas spent a high pick on Fasano when they had a pro-bowler in Jason Witten. Just because we drafted a TE in the 3rd round last year doesnt mean we can't this year.
    Last edited by Zounds; 12-28-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: speeliing
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cook but wouldn't maind Keller. But drafting one is an option too of course.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Tyler Eifert. On paper Keller looks attractive but haven't there been durability issues with him each year? And reading the jest boards, there's a large contingent who think he's sort of Ginn-esque when it comes to contact. Let's draft our own relatively cheaply vs the hired guns, retain competent Fasano and control the cap, IMO
    Not for the first time I'm with Sir Vaark on this one. I think at our draft position range we will be able to get Eifert. Its a position of need, Eifert is ranked best in this year's TE class and he is talented. Talent must be the mantra this offseason.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz. Resign Fasano and draft a feature TE. None of the FA TE's really interest me.

Lots of physical ability without production. IMHO, TE's need to be reliable and consistently catch the ball on third down and create size mismatches and catch it in the red zone. None of those FA TE's consistently catch the ball and most of them are shorter than 6'5 so aren't dominant red zone mismatches.

I recognize that we need a seam threat, and some of those guys do provide that. But, until they prove the reliable hands and uncoverable mismatches in the red zone I'm simply not interested.

Give me Eifert or Ertz. Otherwise, just stick with Fasano.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cook or Keller. Wouldnt mind Delanie Walker from the 9ers either. I think he is a FA.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz. Resign Fasano and draft a feature TE. None of the FA TE's really interest me.

Lots of physical ability without production. IMHO, TE's need to be reliable and consistently catch the ball on third down and create size mismatches and catch it in the red zone. None of those FA TE's consistently catch the ball and most of them are shorter than 6'5 so aren't dominant red zone mismatches.

I recognize that we need a seam threat, and some of those guys do provide that. But, until they prove the reliable hands and uncoverable mismatches in the red zone I'm simply not interested.

Give me Eifert or Ertz. Otherwise, just stick with Fasano.

You described what a real TE is, then go on to say you would stick with the complete opposite of what you described.

Fasano isn't a starting TE that matters. People want to get past the corn fed nature of the previous CS, well Fasano is in the same mold. This is the only fan base that would be happy with such a mediocre player. Nothing new really, people here were all for retaining Channing Chowder. Eventually, you have to bring in real talent to get over the .500 hump.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Also I would make a run at both Cook and Keller. Give me one of those guys and a draft pick, and you should see a more dynamic offense. Tannehill was hamstrung working with the likes of Fasano. Give him a real seam threat and a true mismatch against DEFs, and see the young guy blossom.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    FA Cook and draft Eifert/Ertz/Fauria (bye Fasano), Clay and Egnew.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Personally, I think the Ertz kid from Stanford is going to be a real weapon in the NFL passing game.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keller has had 3 years of a garbage tosser throwing to him. I'd take a chance that with a REAL QB he might actually be able to produce. Don't want Fasano or Finley. I am on board for drafting a TE AND signing Keller.
    Quote Quote