Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My observations after attending my first HOME game last week

1. -11
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    This is what I suggest to improve game days. First off they need to make the stadium have hovering abilities. This way ross can appease everybody. The stadium can be relocated evry home game to make it more accessible. For example , in september , hover the stadium over to south beach to coincide with those awesome beach days , this way fans can go swimming if they need to during the game. In october the stadium will hover in little havana , somewhere on 3rd st, for the nostalgic feel of the orange bowl, you get the picture, everybody is happy.

Next every seat will be replaced with a lazy boy recliners that blows cold air up your ass, this way nobody ever sweats during the game. Also every recliner has a built in speaker that has a pre recorded fan cheer, so there is no need to yell and scream during the games, just adjust it to your preferred volume.

Meals on wheels and local homeless shelters will cease deliveries to their patients and homeless on sundays, those hot meals will be brought to dolphins stadium for the fans to ease the costs for the fans.

Lastly, there will be a pop top roof , like on a shampoo bottle, so the fans or visiting teams wont get wet during the games. All of these changes should bring back the winning traditions to Miami.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember the OB, but I have been to JRS when it has been super loud as well. The crowd now adays is very subdued, I don't know why? Was at the Jax game and two young guys next to me were texting while I was screaming.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I went to the Indy KC game this past weekend because my wife bought me tickets. I love the fine but its too far I have to say though, at about 80% capacity, that stadium was rocking. You can tell they were die hard fans. Every third down the fans were going nuts! This is a team that has only won 2 flipping games! They just love their team. It really sucks to hear we done have the same.
    Prov 3:6
    : in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I also attended my first game against buffalo. first observation was how much everyone loves reggie. must resign. and there would be more excitement if we had more players making plays

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

more playmakers

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

lamar miller looks pretty damn good too...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For whats its worth I went to my one and only home game in 2008 vs the Bills, the attendance and atmosphere seemed great to me and that was coming off a 1-15 season and we were 2-4 at the time. Was that game an aberration or has something happened to affect attendance between then and now?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: My observations after attending my first HOME game last week

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Win.
    Such a simple solution to the problem...

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    For whats its worth I went to my one and only home game in 2008 vs the Bills, the attendance and atmosphere seemed great to me and that was coming off a 1-15 season and we were 2-4 at the time. Was that game an aberration or has something happened to affect attendance between then and now?
    7-9
    7-9
    6-10
    7-9 w patsies loss
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I went to that game and I was up in the 400 level between a Bufalo Bills fan section and the breast cancer awareness cheerleaders that were performing the halftime show. We had entire 3 rows to ourselves. Stadium was half empty. We didnt even have to stand in line for beers. We could just walk right up and buy one. We decided to stand on our seats because there was nobody behind us for several rows, and security kept telling us to sit down. I dont remember that game getting loud at all.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The crowd can help a team win. Seattle is 8-0 at home (best crowd in the NFL) and just 2-5 on the road, including a loss to us. A loud, raucous crowd makes a bigger difference than anyone here cares to acknowledge.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller's Rod View Post
    I have been a life long Phins fan ever since I was about 5 years old (I'm 41 now). Always living up north I had never had a chance to attend a home game for various reason. While I spent the first 33 years of my life I attended away games @ Cinci, Cleveland, Indy, & Detroit. I then moved to Atlanta which is where I currently reside. Since moving I have seen them play in Atlanta & Nashville. Anyway, this past weekend I was able to check off one item on my bucket list by attending my first home game along with my 12 year old son who of course is also a Phins fan.
    With that being said I have some observations after going to the game. (If you feel like bashing me for some of my comments don't bother posting...however if you have intelligent comments you would like to add then by all means fire away)

1. I was impressed with how easy it was to get in and out of the stadium parking areas and quickly get on the highway. Yes, this may have something to do with the low attendance but it seems like the infrastructure was designed well for getting the fan traffic in and out even with some of the construction going on. I've been to some stadiums like Cinci where it is a b!itch getting in and out of.

Leaving the parking lot after games is usually a very slow process. This year there was no line to leave after the Oakland game and that was the first time it had ever been like that.

2. We have NO home field advantage. Yes, losing so many games over the past decade and having no Dan Marino anymore has killed the attendance. Obviously that has an impact to the noise level and home field advantage. With that being said it still seemed like the fans that were there just didn't seem to be into the game that much. During key moments in the game, it just seemed like only half the fans were even screaming and yelling when the Bills had the ball. BTW....I thought there were very few Bills fans at the game.

It's tough that this was your first home game experience considering where we're at in the season. I always go to the home opener b/c there's more hope and energy in the crowd.

3. Sunlife Stadium definately needs a face lift. I was disappointed in the das state that the stadium is in. From the seating, restrooms, to overall appearance it just really looks dingy. I see why there is a lot of talk lately about needing a stadium upgrade. Unfortunately from what I have heard on WQAM via Iheart radio it sounds like the Marlins have screwed any chance of the Dolphins getting any tax dollars for an upgrade. Disappointing..

Just get some paint and some topless dancers and we're good to go.

4. Pro shop pricing...went into the pro shop and I was rather disappointed in the pricing I observed. For example they had some very nice hats....one solid white and one solid black...both fitted. Anyway I have been looking online for a while for hats just like those 2 I mentioned. Anyway, the pice on those hats were $32 a piece! Seriously, that is probably the most expensive ball caps I have ever seen. I'll pay in the mid 20's but not $32. Disappointing especially considering the state of the franchise and the declining fan base. You would think they would knock the price down some to encourage fans to buy more apparel.

Team stores and Pro Shops are always expensive and I avoid buying anything there. $32 for a hat isn't horrible though, you won't find a legit fitted for the mid 20s.

5. The fans that were there sure know how to party. I was pleasantly surprised at the great tailgating parties I observed. It seemed the fans had more fun tailgating than they had during the game based on the lack of enthusiasm I observed during the game.

Agreed

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Ramblin' Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houma, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That was my fourth Dolphin game last week. And the first time I've finally seen them win live! Our fans really do need to be more energetic, but our players do too. By that I mean WIN. I was screaming my face off the entire game and some of the people that were even in my party acted as though I was 'wrong' for it. I wasn't rude or cussing, just cheering and involved in the game. I don't try 'coaching' them to be fans or anything, but I damn sure don't apologize for standing up!

I also went to the Texans game in Houston and honestly I was surprised with how little they got into the game as fans. I mean it was better than us, but it was opening day and they had all the hype of being a superbowl contender and there were empty seats all over and it didn't get nearly as loud as I thought it would. Of course the last game that I went to was in the SuperDome and that place is stupid loud. With that said too, even New Orleans with all their success recently has plenty of fans that don't get involved and 'give up' on the team after a few bad showings. We're not the only ones folks with hard to please fans!
    If you ever want to see a rainbow, you've got to stand a little rain.
    Quote Quote