Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Moore

1. -11
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really respect Matt for all he's done, his Professionalism and leadership. Would love to keep him but can't blame him for going where he can legitimately compete for a starting job - like Sparano should have permitted. What's hilarious is on the jests forums I read he's often brought as a good backup QB to sign as if he'd ever leave us for a similar role in that circus!

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Really respect Matt for all he's done, his Professionalism and leadership. Would love to keep him but can't blame him for going where he can legitimately compete for a starting job - like Sparano should have permitted. What's hilarious is on the jests forums I read he's often brought as a good backup QB to sign as if he'd ever leave us for a similar role in that circus!
    When MOORE became the starter after HENNE went down, MOORE was rated the 12th best QB in THE ENTIRE NFL, despite playing for a team w/a dummy at HC; another dummy/cheapskate Owner who prevented MIAMI from getting any good OLmen in F/A and made MIAMI settle on (yech!) only one--COLUMBO; and a supposedly "vaunted D" that seemingly couldn't stop a "Pop Warner" team in crunch time. MOORE deserved to be 10-2. And lots of good "football people" know it...even if so many dimwits on this Board and also on other teams' Boards don't. Need more proof? Well, it seems like every time MOORE steps onto the field, he does well, and so does MIAMI. Even this season!

MIAMI has NO CHANCE at keeping MOORE...UNLESS MOORE himself likes it here, and has done well w/his money so that money isn't the only factor. I would put MIAMI's odds of keeping MOORE at about 100-1, against.

And i/m/o, DEVLIN is d*(k on his best day. There's a reason why no one drafted him!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moore is outta here....good luck to him.

(I don't see him starting anywhere though. He just seems too laid back to be a full time starter.)

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would love to have Moore back at about the contract we signed him for. I doubt any team is going to break the bank for Moore but some team will promise to possibilty to compete. His best interest in reality might be here because who knows what Tannehill will do next year but his pride will probably take him elsewhere. Arizona is a possibility but Im pretty sure they will draft a guy and does he really want to be in that position. My guess his decision will be purely financial which is the right thing considering he has not made a ton in the nfl. I dont see any team offering him more than 4 to 5 million to play for them. One scary thought in the back of my mind is maybe the staff wasnt all that fond of Moore esp since they brought in garrard and essentially did everything to not start Moore. I do know if he wants to go to AZ they are not going to pay much esp with the return on the Kevin Kolb contract

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    When MOORE became the starter after HENNE went down, MOORE was rated the 12th best QB in THE ENTIRE NFL, despite playing for a team w/a dummy at HC; another dummy/cheapskate Owner who prevented MIAMI from getting any good OLmen in F/A and made MIAMI settle on (yech!) only one--COLUMBO; and a supposedly "vaunted D" that seemingly couldn't stop a "Pop Warner" team in crunch time. MOORE deserved to be 10-2. And lots of good "football people" know it...even if so many dimwits on this Board and also on other teams' Boards don't. Need more proof? Well, it seems like every time MOORE steps onto the field, he does well, and so does MIAMI. Even this season!

MIAMI has NO CHANCE at keeping MOORE...UNLESS MOORE himself likes it here, and has done well w/his money so that money isn't the only factor. I would put MIAMI's odds of keeping MOORE at about 100-1, against.

And i/m/o, DEVLIN is d*(k on his best day. There's a reason why no one drafted him!
    I dont think Devlin is all that but just because he wasnt drafted doesnt mean he can never be good. Cameron Wake wasnt even drafted and no team in any league touched him for two years. I like the potential of Devlin although dont think he is ready to be the backup, Devlin though is way overrated on the board
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Would love to have Moore back at about the contract we signed him for. I doubt any team is going to break the bank for Moore but some team will promise to possibilty to compete. His best interest in reality might be here because who knows what Tannehill will do next year but his pride will probably take him elsewhere. Arizona is a possibility but Im pretty sure they will draft a guy and does he really want to be in that position. My guess his decision will be purely financial which is the right thing considering he has not made a ton in the nfl. I dont see any team offering him more than 4 to 5 million to play for them. One scary thought in the back of my mind is maybe the staff wasnt all that fond of Moore esp since they brought in garrard and essentially did everything to not start Moore. I do know if he wants to go to AZ they are not going to pay much esp with the return on the Kevin Kolb contract

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I dont think Devlin is all that but just because he wasnt drafted doesnt mean he can never be good. Cameron Wake wasnt even drafted and no team in any league touched him for two years. I like the potential of Devlin although dont think he is ready to be the backup, Devlin though is way overrated on the board
    We're talking QBs here, not DLmen. There just aren't that many topshelf NFL QBs who weren't drafted.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Day View Post
    I just pray that he doesn't wind up with the Jets.
    Doesn't scare me.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Day View Post
    I just pray that he doesn't wind up with the Jets.
    I have the feeling the jest cut ties w/ Saint Timmy, keep Sancheez because of $$, & then draft Barkley or Wilson (Arkansas)
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We're talking QBs here, not DLmen. There just aren't that many topshelf NFL QBs who weren't drafted.
    Matt Moore wasn't drafted either.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well we dont need him to be top shelf just good enough

Tony Romo, Tony Romo and Warren Moon but in reality not much diff between a sixth rounder and undrafted
    Most top shelf players at every position are drafted
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Moore would easily be better than several starters in the league, the only reason why I don't feel assured that he will end up starting somewhere next year is that there are guys like Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, and Vick that could be in new digs next year and MAY end up getting ranked higher by a QB needy team, and he may end up playing second fiddle to a recently drafted QB once again. Teams now are playing young QB's early whether or not they deserve it, so unfortunately there is not as much of a market for a guy like Matt Moore, who could easily provide solid play and win enough games for a team to make the playoffs, as there probably should be.

Nevertheless I expect him to go to a team where he at least has a chance to unseat the starter, which isn't here. He would only return here if that kind of job simply wasn't available.
    Quote Quote