Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miami Dolphins’ recent signees might make impact in 2013

1. -11
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not sure why we signed Patterson over Ron Bartell if that's the case.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would LOVE to grab Markus Wheaton in round 2.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i keep thinking Wallace in FA solves wr and you draft one more,maybe a 2nd late. matthews was 6th rd. why not?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You sign Jennings, then you bring in a top WR in the first 2 rounds. Gotta make sure this team doesn't skip a beat in production.

We need to secure Reggie Bush. We need to bring in more quality CB depth. We need to secure a partner for ReShad Jones, who is carrying Clemons. We need a pass rusher opposite Cameron Wake, even someone who is a pure pass rusher in the 2nd/3rd. Vernon is a good DE but he's hardly a pass rush threat.

We have so much ammo, and this team is already on the up. This past draft is shaping up to be the best in recent history for the Dolphins, so I have renewed confidence in the Ireland/Philbin team come April
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    You sign Jennings, then you bring in a top WR in the first 2 rounds. Gotta make sure this team doesn't skip a beat in production.

We need to secure Reggie Bush. We need to bring in more quality CB depth. We need to secure a partner for ReShad Jones, who is carrying Clemons. We need a pass rusher opposite Cameron Wake, even someone who is a pure pass rusher in the 2nd/3rd. Vernon is a good DE but he's hardly a pass rush threat.

We have so much ammo, and this team is already on the up. This past draft is shaping up to be the best in recent history for the Dolphins, so I have renewed confidence in the Ireland/Philbin team come April
    I agree with every thing you said except the Clemons bit. I think he handled his own just fine this year. There is a reason why teams haven't been able bomb on us all game long. He is doing a good job. I think they both miss a play once in a while, but both of our safeties look like they are comfortable back there now, credit to Croyle.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only impact Dimitri Patterson will make in 2013 is raising the price required to resign Sean Smith
    I Think David Canter will look at what Patterson is making in 2013($5.6 million) and 2014($6.4 million)
    AND ASK FOR ABSURD MONEY.

Paying Patterson that kind of money is going to have "Repercussions"
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    The only impact Dimitri Patterson will make in 2013 is raising the price required to resign Sean Smith
    I Think David Canter will look at what Patterson is making in 2013($5.6 million) and 2014($6.4 million)
    AND ASK FOR ABSURD MONEY.

Paying Patterson that kind of money is going to have "Repercussions"
    We claimed him off waivers we are not responsible for his 2013 and 2014 salary. Why do people seem to think we are?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    We claimed him off waivers we are not responsible for his 2013 and 2014 salary. Why do people seem to think we are?
    If we keep him on roster we are responsible for his 2013 salary which is like 5 million
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    i keep thinking Wallace in FA solves wr and you draft one more,maybe a 2nd late. matthews was 6th rd. why not?
    Dwayne Bowe from the Chiefs could be the free agent target. (In addition to the 1st round draft pick on the best WR that we can get our hands on).
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    I agree with every thing you said except the Clemons bit. I think he handled his own just fine this year. There is a reason why teams haven't been able bomb on us all game long. He is doing a good job. I think they both miss a play once in a while, but both of our safeties look like they are comfortable back there now, credit to Croyle.
    We're going to agree to disagree here.

ReShad Jones is playing at a top 5 level. Clemons is playing roughly replacement level, somewhere in the mid 20s, according to PFF.

Just from watching him, I saw too many huge plays given up by Clemons. Can we get by with him? Absolutely. I wouldn't be mad if we were unable to address it this off-season, simply because you can't address everything in a single off-season.

That being said, I'll be mad if within 2 years Chris Clemons is starting for Miami and he has not made large strides in his field awareness and tackling angles.

I'm genuinely not worried about WR. There are so many big name FAs available, and Miami has ammo in a draft that appears to be mid 1st-top 3rd heavy. I expect them to grab their very best available. If Miami keeps going BPA, we're a better team all around.

What's funny is that we need a RT in this draft, and most people if told that last year during the draft, would be furious.
    Quote Quote