Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Designer's Take on the New Phins Logo

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really like the tail down like you have it. The eye doesn't look right though.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's a v. good effort, but I think you should try to make the eye a little more ... mean?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BILLINGS, MONTANA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    It's a v. good effort, but I think you should try to make the eye a little more ... mean?

I tweaked his but, I am not good at drawing. I wanted him to see if he could do something like mine.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by PASQUALE; 12-30-2012 at 03:39 AM.

GO DOLPHINS!!

2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Much better than the one that was just circulated.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like this much better than the one that was leaked. If the team wants to create excitement and support they need to get the fans involved with the process. Have the fans send in their own designs then post up the top 10 submissions for all the fans to vote on.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
    I don't like it. Again, it looks like a cartoon character which is mostly due to the eye itself. The right fin is just strange looking, and overall the animal is just too skinny - it looks like a minnow with a dorsal fin to be honest.

This is not better than the current or original logo, so why change to this?
    Sorry but I have to defend myself at least a little on this one... here's a photo of the dolphin I used as a reference for the logo... as you can see it is nearly identical in shape, if not fatter.

Dolphins are not fat animals despite what our current logo has to say... and if I made it fatter others would be saying it looked like a whale (see leaked logo). Can't please everyone, and in response to your comment about why change it to this... that's my point. I wish they wouldn't change it unless they went with the old one, everyone will never be happy, some will love it, others will hate it. I was just having some fun at what I thought someone might do mixing a little bit of the old (more of an aqua) with the new with a little difference sprinkled in. Would I want this logo on my Dolphins helmets? Simply, no... I like things the way they are, but if they must change, this is just something I was foolin around with is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I'm glad you said it because that was the theme I was going to post. When I was a teenager my beloved dog was hit by a car and killed. In fact, it was on Super Bowl Sunday, the year the Raiders defeated the Vikings. The guy who found my dog thoughtfully put him in a little box. I brought him home and reluctantly decided to take a look. Everything was fine except the right side of his face was dented and lifeless, with a dull look to his eye. I've had that image in my mind for 35 years. But nothing has reminded me of it until I saw this proposed logo. Instantly it looked exactly like my dog.

That being said, it's still markedly superior to the leaked version, which looks worse than a dead cat. Actually I'd prefer every cat to be dead...
    Haha, thank you for likening my efforts to your dead dog from 35 years ago it's very flattering... glad you like it a little bit anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by PASQUALE View Post
    24ywfnc.jpg

I tweaked his but, I am not good at drawing. I wanted him to see if he could do something like mine.
    Ya, I thought about doing something more like this, I chose a Dolphin with a perspective from underneath as a reference because I thought it made more sense if you were looking up at him since the sun was behind him (in the sky). But maybe if I have some more free time, which never seems to be easy to come by these days, I'll mess with tweaking the right fin since that seems to be a topic of concern. And it does look pretty good in your edits.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this is without a doubt the best logo i've seen. this needs to be submitted.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin is too skinny versus length....I like the basic concept, but adjust the proportions and I would like it better.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NyPhan23 View Post
    Sorry but I have to defend myself at least a little on this one... here's a photo of the dolphin I used as a reference for the logo... as you can see it is nearly identical in shape, if not fatter.

Dolphins are not fat animals despite what our current logo has to say... and if I made it fatter others would be saying it looked like a whale (see leaked logo). Can't please everyone, and in response to your comment about why change it to this... that's my point. I wish they wouldn't change it unless they went with the old one, everyone will never be happy, some will love it, others will hate it. I was just having some fun at what I thought someone might do mixing a little bit of the old (more of an aqua) with the new with a little difference sprinkled in. Would I want this logo on my Dolphins helmets? Simply, no... I like things the way they are, but if they must change, this is just something I was foolin around with is all.

Haha, thank you for likening my efforts to your dead dog from 35 years ago it's very flattering... glad you like it a little bit anyways.

Ya, I thought about doing something more like this, I chose a Dolphin with a perspective from underneath as a reference because I thought it made more sense if you were looking up at him since the sun was behind him (in the sky). But maybe if I have some more free time, which never seems to be easy to come by these days, I'll mess with tweaking the right fin since that seems to be a topic of concern. And it does look pretty good in your edits.
    With all due respect, photo's can be deceiving.

I own a Dolphin Adventure tour boat and see them daily, while the current logo is too fat, yours is definitely too skinny versus length.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lake Mary, Florida, Unite
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow , this logo is awesome! How can fans create better logos then the guys running this team?
    Quote Quote