Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POTENTIAL 2013 OFFSEASON & DRAFT, PLUS LOGO thoughts, general Dolphins talk !!

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION POTENTIAL 2013 OFFSEASON & DRAFT, PLUS LOGO thoughts, general Dolphins talk !!

I love the idea of our team being the up and coming team, and with 50 million cap and 5 top 100 picks. With the logo change and everything else, this offseason is one to remember.

For those who read my post in the other 2013 offseason + draft post, I redid a couple of things but kept most of it. I felt I should share with the rest of the Finheaven community

Potential Miami Dolphins 2013 Offseason
    Draft:
    1) Dion Jordan DE Oregon

2a) Robert Woods USC or Justin Hunter Tenn. WR- Both TREMENDOUS upside with potential to fall to 2nd

2b) Zach Ertz TE Stanford (or bpa seam TE)

3a) Xavier Rhodes CB/FS FSU

3b) Ryan Swope WR Tex A&M

4) Bacarri Rambo FS/SS Georgia (R. Jones teammate, played together for years)

OR
    Phillip Thomas FS/SS, Fresno State : Led Nation in Interceptions with 8

5) Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida

6) Tyrann Mathieu CB ex-LSU (Honeybadger) Probably not this far down in draft, great flyer pick though

^^> OR BEST AVAILABLE CB

7) Steve Greer, ILB, Virginia

Greer was very productive in 2012. He had 122 tackles, 7.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks and six passes broken up

Also to add to my draft above:
    Dolphins have about $50 mill cap space to work with, if they restructure D. Patterson (CB picked up from waivers) opens up to 55.5 million

Resign :
    Bush 3 yrs-5 mill each
    Hartline 4 yrs -3.5mill
    S. Smith 4 yrs- 4.5 mill
    Starks 3 yrs - 5.5 mill
    Thigpen 3 yrs - 1.5 mill
    OT N. Garner 2 yrs - 2 mill
    CB Patterson 3 yrs 1.5 mill (restructuring his deal opens up another 4 mill cap space)
    QB Devlin 3 yrs - 1 mill

Unrestricted FAs :
    Greg Jennings WR 4 yrs - 6 mill (other than this year, durable, dependable, hard worker with great skill set. Familiar with Philbinís offense, adds marketable player. I can go on and on. He may be older than Wallace or Bowe, but is by far best fit.)
    Andy Levitre OG 4 yrs - 4 mill Great inside Pulling guard from Bills. One reason Spiller/f. Jackson have huge holes to run in
    Andre Smith OT 2 yrs- 2 mill
    Greg Toler CB 3 yrs - 4 mill
    Micheal Johnson DE/OLB 4 yrs - 4 mill CIN Bengals -same frame as Dion Jordan... two 6'7'' pass rushers with Vernon AND WAKE... :0

That all adds up to 44.5 mill. With 11 mill left to sign rookies

Makin our Depth chart to look like this :

QB : Tannehill - Devlin

RB : Bush - L. Miller - D. Thomas - M. Thigpen

FB : J. Lane - C. Clay

WR : Jennings - Hartline - Bess - J. Hunter OR R. Woods - R. Swope - R. Matthews

TE : Z. Ertz - C. Clay - M. Egnew

OL : LT- J. Martin - N. Garner. LG - Incognito - IDK lol. C - Pouncey - J. Samuda RG - Andy Levitre - X. Nixon

RT - J. Jerry - A. Smith

FS - Clemons - B. Rambo OR P. Thomas

SS - R. Jones - J. Wilson

CB - S. Smith - G. Toler - R. Marshall (Nickel, his best strength)- T. Mathieu - N. Carroll

I may have focused on secondary a lot but in this passing lg it's very important.

ILB - Dansby - Spitler - S. Greer

OLB - Burnett - Misi - D. Jordan - Micheal Johnson

DT - Starks - Soliai - Odrick

DE - Wake - D. Jordan - M. Johnson - O. Vernon

K - P - Carpenter, Fields

Kick / Punt Return - Thigpen - Mathieu

I obviously understand that thinking ALL this would happen is a stretch, BUT it isn't unrealistic...
    Coach Philbin is taking this team in the right direction. We know it, the media knows it, and most importantly the PLAYERS in the NFLknow it. They want to come to an up and coming contender, and I for one am extremely excited for this upcoming off season and next yr!

And I always think of when the Pats played the Giants, and their pass rush was impeccable, I want that for our team

LOVE TO HEAR CRITQUE AND TALK FINS!!!

Also, how about the new logo??
    GO FINS!!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like but I dont see some of the players in that draft falling!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be okay with grabbing Hunter then Woods. Double down? We need secondary help though I like your plan best of all the ones I've seen, except I don't like Greg Toler too much but other than that I like it a lot. I'd get the FS over Rambo just because I was under the impression that he's more of a SS like Jones is already?

*although instead of Swope another option could be Tavon Austin

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really do like Phillip Thomas though! He is the type of guy we need on our defense! A playmaker who can create turnovers!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the draft but I'm not zure Bush, Hartline, and Smith come that cheap. I'd also like to do more than just sign our guys.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    i will be pissed if we get woods. ertz wont drop that far and i dont think we take a te even tho we should
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Question why in the world would Patterson restructure his deal to that low, thats like minimum salary.
    He makes more if he gets cut then he can resign. he has 2 years left on a 17 million dollar contract he is not going to restructure that low unless he is an imbecile
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Question why in the world would Patterson restructure his deal to that low, thats like minimum salary.
    He makes more if he gets cut then he can resign. he has 2 years left on a 17 million dollar contract he is not going to restructure that low unless he is an imbecile
    That's why I said they restructure. They cut him and sign him to what he is worth, because that is NOT anywhere near his value. He is a slight grade above minimum, I don't see him being any better than average. Medium ceiling. Nothing worth paying out that kind of money for
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    i will be pissed if we get woods. ertz wont drop that far and i dont think we take a te even tho we should
    If Fasano is willing to come back on a agreeable contract than if be happy to have him back, he is a good leader, great blocker and is an underrated pass catcher. But he isn't the Seam threat TE that the NFL is moving towards. If resigned than we could use that pick toward an OG or OT depending on what they decide to do with Jerry.
    And why don't you like Woods? Crisp route runner with above average speed built in the G. Jennings mold, what's not to like?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    I really do like Phillip Thomas though! He is the type of guy we need on our defense! A playmaker who can create turnovers!
    Between Thomas and Jones, if we lock up our CBs than our secondary would be a feared one ! I love the way he plays. My only concern about him is the competition he faced at Fresno State. Some players have flourished from there, some have flopped. Hard to tell what will happen, always hope for the best though lol
    Quote Quote