Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POTENTIAL 2013 OFFSEASON & DRAFT, PLUS LOGO thoughts, general Dolphins talk !!

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

POTENTIAL 2013 OFFSEASON & DRAFT, PLUS LOGO thoughts, general Dolphins talk !!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis34 View Post
    I'd be okay with grabbing Hunter then Woods. Double down? We need secondary help though I like your plan best of all the ones I've seen, except I don't like Greg Toler too much but other than that I like it a lot. I'd get the FS over Rambo just because I was under the impression that he's more of a SS like Jones is already?

*although instead of Swope another option could be Tavon Austin
    I definitely like the Tavon Austin idea, I don't know if he will be available that late though. And if not Toler than there is Derek Cox from Jax. I wouldn't want to break the bank though, there Re a lot of good CBs that won't demand as high of a salary.
    I do think that it should be a priority for Miami to resign S. Smith. Without him our secondary becomes less than mediocre. We would have nothing going for us, just making more holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If our off-season went like this I would think I died and went to heaven!! Only thing though, you forgot to include Clemons new contract because he is also a free agent, also i'm not sure that Andre Smith is a true fit for the offense that Philbin wants to run. In Green Bay his lineman were always on the lighter side and much more agile that Smith so i'm not sure about the fit for that amount of money. Other than those things, this would be a dream off-season!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    im not the biggest fan of getting jennings in here, i would much rather have Wallace or Maclin here. But if we picked up jennings, woods in the draft and Tavon austin instead of swoop i would be the happiest guy ever. Would be even happier if we got wallance woods and austin and signed Cook the TE.... that of course is a pipe dream and will never happen cuz we r not that lucky but i can dream.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nixon kinda sucks. Trust me. Any decent edge rusher will run circles around him in this league.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That is the world's greatest scenario. Those contracts are super low, those draft picks are all amazing because you have them about 1-2 rounds below where they will actually go
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianbello360 View Post
    That's why I said they restructure. They cut him and sign him to what he is worth, because that is NOT anywhere near his value. He is a slight grade above minimum, I don't see him being any better than average. Medium ceiling. Nothing worth paying out that kind of money for

You miss my point, he makes more money getting cut than at the contract u mention, nobody is that stupid.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love your thought process and would be happy with the players you mention. My only reservation is that I think when the draft arrives, many of those players will not be available where you have them picked ... but if they were I agree they'd be great picks. Justin Hunter and Xavier Rhodes will both be gone before we pick in round 2, with a good possibility Zach Ertz will be gone as well. Sure, I'd LOVE to get all 3 of those guys, but I just don't think that's realistic.

Rhodes is a great fit for us because he has the size to match up against some of the big elite WR's we're seeing and the speed to cover the deep threats. He's from Miami so I don't really think we have the worry that he'll lose focus here. I suspect he'll be the third CB selected after Milliner and Banks but before guys like Amerson and Poyer, so he's probably an early 2nd round pick, and I'd be shocked if he lasted to our 2a pick. He's definitely not lasting until our 2b or 3a picks though.

Depending upon how Ertz measures, he could be the first TE taken and is definitely a guy who could go anywhere from late 1st through mid 2nd, so we may have a shot at him, but it is an iffy proposition at this point. He'd be a great addition also though, nice point OP.

Justin Hunter is even more of an enigma than Ertz. If he tests out healthy he'll be selected in the top 20 for sure. Physically he resembles AJ Green or Randy Moss with height, long arms, superior leaping ability to be the fantastic high-pointer that is too big to be covered by CB's. But, he also has that elite 4.43 sprinter speed of Green and Moss that freightens defenses deep on every play. If he's healthy, medically sound and his speed has fully returned, his measurables will put him around where our 1st round pick is, and he may go before that. But, this is going to be a very very deep WR draft (lucky for us!). So, if he doesn't test well and runs a 4.5, teams may prefer to wait until the 2nd round and take whomever is left ... but Hunter would still only be behind--at most--Allen, Patterson and Austin, so be picked before our 2a pick most. If we want the guy, regardless of how he tests, we need to take him in the 1st round. IMHO that would be a very good choice.

We all love the fact that we have 5 choices in the top 3 rounds, but the odd part of that is that most of the picks we really want are late 1st through early 2nd picks like WR's and TE's. Think about it, that range will likely see guys like this go off the board (in no particular order): Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson, Tavon Austin, Robert Woods, Terrance Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, Da'Rick Rogers. That's a lot of quality WR's and my top two TE's. I'm sure some of those and a few other quality ones (e.g. maybe Steadman Bailey, Quinton Patton) will slip past the early 2nd, but clearly that's the meat of what we want to come away with from this draft--a corps of pass catchers to grow with Ryan Tannehill.

So, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see us trade into that zone ... most likely trading our 1st rounder back. Teams will want to trade up for LT's which are scarce this draft, or one of the workout warrior pass rushers who are sure to convince some GM's they're the next JPP and others that they're the next Vernon Gholston. But, the last one or two of those trench guys may be dangling around our pick and we might pick up decent value to drop back into the fertile late-1st/early-2nd range. I can't see Ireland passing that up.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

POTENTIAL 2013 OFFSEASON & DRAFT, PLUS LOGO thoughts, general Dolphins talk !!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I love your thought process and would be happy with the players you mention. My only reservation is that I think when the draft arrives, many of those players will not be available where you have them picked ... but if they were I agree they'd be great picks. Justin Hunter and Xavier Rhodes will both be gone before we pick in round 2, with a good possibility Zach Ertz will be gone as well. Sure, I'd LOVE to get all 3 of those guys, but I just don't think that's realistic.

Rhodes is a great fit for us because he has the size to match up against some of the big elite WR's we're seeing and the speed to cover the deep threats. He's from Miami so I don't really think we have the worry that he'll lose focus here. I suspect he'll be the third CB selected after Milliner and Banks but before guys like Amerson and Poyer, so he's probably an early 2nd round pick, and I'd be shocked if he lasted to our 2a pick. He's definitely not lasting until our 2b or 3a picks though.

Depending upon how Ertz measures, he could be the first TE taken and is definitely a guy who could go anywhere from late 1st through mid 2nd, so we may have a shot at him, but it is an iffy proposition at this point. He'd be a great addition also though, nice point OP.

Justin Hunter is even more of an enigma than Ertz. If he tests out healthy he'll be selected in the top 20 for sure. Physically he resembles AJ Green or Randy Moss with height, long arms, superior leaping ability to be the fantastic high-pointer that is too big to be covered by CB's. But, he also has that elite 4.43 sprinter speed of Green and Moss that freightens defenses deep on every play. If he's healthy, medically sound and his speed has fully returned, his measurables will put him around where our 1st round pick is, and he may go before that. But, this is going to be a very very deep WR draft (lucky for us!). So, if he doesn't test well and runs a 4.5, teams may prefer to wait until the 2nd round and take whomever is left ... but Hunter would still only be behind--at most--Allen, Patterson and Austin, so be picked before our 2a pick most. If we want the guy, regardless of how he tests, we need to take him in the 1st round. IMHO that would be a very good choice.

We all love the fact that we have 5 choices in the top 3 rounds, but the odd part of that is that most of the picks we really want are late 1st through early 2nd picks like WR's and TE's. Think about it, that range will likely see guys like this go off the board (in no particular order): Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson, Tavon Austin, Robert Woods, Terrance Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, Da'Rick Rogers. That's a lot of quality WR's and my top two TE's. I'm sure some of those and a few other quality ones (e.g. maybe Steadman Bailey, Quinton Patton) will slip past the early 2nd, but clearly that's the meat of what we want to come away with from this draft--a corps of pass catchers to grow with Ryan Tannehill.

So, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see us trade into that zone ... most likely trading our 1st rounder back. Teams will want to trade up for LT's which are scarce this draft, or one of the workout warrior pass rushers who are sure to convince some GM's they're the next JPP and others that they're the next Vernon Gholston. But, the last one or two of those trench guys may be dangling around our pick and we might pick up decent value to drop back into the fertile late-1st/early-2nd range. I can't see Ireland passing that up.

I can definitely see your point, depending on how Hunter grades out your completely right. If we wanted him we may have to use our 1st. But if we sign a top flight FA I would be comfortable with our 1st pick going to the Defense, than at the least one 2nd and one 3rd on WR/TE.
    We need to put some talent around Tannehill, and keep the scarce amount of talent we DO have.
    If Rhodes isn't available than I would be happy with Amerson. I know everyone is terrified of adding him because they think he will be a bust, but I think with the right coaching he can be very good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Travis Kelce, Cincinnatti. Love this kid. Need to consider him with our late #2 or #3. Great size and speed, 6'5", 260, 4.56 40. Reminds me of Aaron Hernandez.
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=TE
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    **** the bills
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We can only pray. Good work
    Quote Quote