Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POTENTIAL 2013 OFFSEASON & DRAFT, PLUS LOGO thoughts, general Dolphins talk !!

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the Jordan and Hunter start to the draft. I am not a fan of Wood, but admittedly part of that may be how poorly USC receivers have faired in the NFL in recent years. Love the Micheal Johnson pickup from Cincy. That, combined with Jordan, would give Miami the type of pass rush to take the defense to the next level and he has familiarity to Coyle, which is huge in free agency and adopting to a new team. I don't think we'll be able to sign as many free agents as you have, but I like the direction you are heading.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One thing I hope is that they keep tannehill. He i
    mpressed me for his age. I have a question that I'd like to ask. Opinions please. Why don'
    t defensive players go under the offensive lineman's shoulder when looking for a sack. Opinions, arguments against
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In terms of FA aquisitions Greg Jennings will be 30 when the season starts but has only really been injured this season. He will fit this system like a glove, and obviously has ties with Philben. If he can stay healthy he has plenty left in the tank and might not be the short-term solution many are suggesting (see Wayne, Reggie). He would also provide veteran leadership, has been in the pro-bowl and has a ring so knows what to do to succeed and could provide invaluable leadership to a young WR core. In addition however we need to draft one, maybe two new WR and as long as Steadman Bailey is one of them I think we would have a very nice group. Jennings would be plug and play and would produce from day one, we all know drafted WR's usually take a couple of season's for the light to come on.

In terms of the TE position if GB cut Jermichael Finley I do not see any harm in bringing him in here AND resigning Fasano. I didn't realise this but not only does Finley have experience in Philben's system he is only 25 and has all-pro potential if his head is screwed on. Miami could provide him with a fresh start to achieve this. ALSO, he is Jovorskie Lane's half-brother which could be huge in attracting him here.

These 2 FA's mean that we can concentrate on Defence in the draft after we pick up a WR and OL. Assuming we resign Bush the HB position is set and could be even better depending on what Jonas Gray can do when fully healed up.

Exciting times ahead for sure...
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no way Michael Johnson signs for anything less than what De Mark Anderson got from the bills. And same as Levitre, he is getting paid like a top 5 guard. And I wouldn't draft a pass rusher in the first. Wr or cb..would vastly improve the team if this happened though.
    Quote Quote