Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ON THE CLOCK: Dion Jordan or Jonathan Banks?

1. -31
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If anyone watched the game last night you have to be a little concerned about Dion Jordan's durability! If drafted as a 1st round pick he better be able to stay on the field
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know if one injury calls into question a player's durability but the NFL will certainly want to check that shoulder and make sure there's no lasting damage or going concerns there.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly both are good picks, Milliner would be nice too. I'm not going to lie there are so many good prospects to choose from, it'd take a complete idiot to miss in this draft in terms of playmakers. So if Ireland gets an O-Linemen, we'd totally be missing out.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I don't really know if Jordan is going to boom or bust. On the plus side he has the potential to be something similar to Jason Taylor, and that would be an absolute steal for us and probably the top overall pick if we knew that's what we'd get. But I put him into the category with Mingo and Montgomery of kids who have drool-worthy physical ability but not dominating performances. IMHO, Jordan isn't as drool-worthy as the two LSU guys and in his defense he has somewhat produced. But, watching him always leaves you wondering why the athleticism doesn't have more impact in the game ... and those guys scare the heck out of me.

I definitely see the potential for an Aundray Bruce (for you old-schoolers out there) or Vernon Gholston (heh, that never gets old). Is he Aldon Smith or JPP? Is he Jason Taylor lite? I'm not sure, but my gut is telling me no. I'd be much happier with the pass rushers in this draft if all the top physical talents weren't outplayed by Damontre Moore.
    I am starting to see eye to eye with this. I would think we would want a pure DE in a 4-3. The tweener days are over IMO.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    Honestly both are good picks, Milliner would be nice too. I'm not going to lie there are so many good prospects to choose from, it'd take a complete idiot to miss in this draft in terms of playmakers. So if Ireland gets an O-Linemen, we'd totally be missing out.
    The idea, whether you agree or not, is to draft a player who will start day one and produce for many many years regardless of position. Thats why OT and DL have many who get drafted in round 1 every year. Its because they know they have a guy who you can plug in day one and that problem becomes resolved.

The idea to me, that you absolutely have to take a position of need at 12, henceforth possibly drafting a bust, because either they 1) dont fit 2) dont have the mental makeup or 3) the character to become great then you are setting yourself up for long term failure.

If we end up with Joeckle at RT at 12 you should do cartwheels. If you get Damontre Moore who practiced every day against him you should do cartwheels too! Either way, you get a skilled football player who takes care of a dilemna for a long time to come. If you miss on a guy who doesnt make the starting roster or not picking up system or whatever....houston, we have a problem....and we wont ever beat houston.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This team NEEDS pass rushers. 1st rd pick should be pass rusher regardless who is available.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    It's banks for me. I have a lot of the same concerns most others have already voiced in regards to dion jordan.

to the luke joeckel point made earlier... you are absolutely right. I have said time and again, sitting at 12, I want either werner, mingo or damontre moore. I have insisted that if I can't have those three I would look to trade down and gain an additional pick... I have since come to the realization, after some dialogue with fellow members that I would probably pull the trigger on teo at 12 if he was an option as well...

however, all that being said... we all really need to realize that if luke joeckel has fallen to pick 12, he may very well be BPA at that point, and it wouldnt be a bad pick by any stretch of the imagination. The crowd who wants jake long to go, should welcome this draft pick with open arms.

You could make a real good argument that luke is a better pick at 12, than a lot of the Wr's and CB's people are clamoring for... it won't be a very sexy pick, but it will be more than likely BPA, and fill a position of need.

IT's worse case scenario for me, as I desperately want one of the three ends I mentioned. But, after the shock wears off of another lineman in round one... there is a good chance it was probably the best pick for the team going forward if that is indeed the way it shakes out.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    let me ask this ?

would jordan be immediate FT starter in on all downs? Cus if not, not sure i want him if that is so. tweener.

okafor might be around in rd. 2
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull13 View Post
    This team NEEDS pass rushers. 1st rd pick should be pass rusher regardless who is available.
    really? thats interesting.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

ON THE CLOCK: Dion Jordan or Jonathan Banks?

Jordan has the type of talent you don't see every year. Banks is good but won't have the same type of impact
    Quote Quote