Why did it have to be snakes?
Tannehill drops back to pass, take your pick:
1. Someone misses a blocking assignment.
2. Tackle just flat out gets beat.
3. Nobody gets open.
4. Receiver drops the ball.
5. Receiver falls down, runs backward from the sticks, or simply isn't athletic enough to make a play after the catch.
6. Screen pass poorly executed due to our linemen being fat slugs (except for Pouncey).
7. Tannehill's throw is off target.
Take your pick. I think all of these things happen with about the same frequency, but for some reason some posters on this board only want to see #7 on that list. You saw the difference between the Patriots and Dolphins today. Tom Brady was off target on several throws, but the Patriots passing offense is much better than the Dolphins passing offense. Tom Brady has time to throw, he has wide open players who pick up yards after the catch, and when they execute a screen pass he has three guys blocking for hsi receiver downfield.
Ryan Tannehill is not the problem. He is not perfect, but the fact that he needs to be tells a lot about this team. There is no margin for error because the offense sucks and lacks talent both on the line and at the skill positions. Anthony Fasano is a nice player and I hope he sticks around, but he doesn't even play the same position as Rob Gronkowski. They are playing two completely different games out there.