Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Any danger of Sherman leaving?

1. -41
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    All you guys that do not care if he goes, you are completely nuts or ignorant.

First of all if Ryan Tannehill had a brand new OC, he could take a step back which would be a major blow to his development. RT has a strong connection to Mike Sherman. Sherman knows what the kid is about. Joe Philbin has no experience calling plays...so he will not be able to take over that. Secondly, lets keep this group with the same system for years to come. Finally, where does Joe go for a replacement? Brad Childress? Pat Shurmur? Greg Knapp? Maybe...but I will take Mike Sherman 100 times over these guys. If Joe goes in house for Ken O'Keefe...holy crap.

I find it funny that the same people that complain about the lack of playmakers still bitch about Sherm's play calling. Sherm has not been perfect, but no play caller is. He is damn good coach and we are in good hands with him calling the plays.
    Sherman will be the one that will be holding Ryan back. He just started using Fasano the last couple of games. I am not sold on him at all.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Sherman will be the one that will be holding Ryan back. He just started using Fasano the last couple of games. I am not sold on him at all.
    He is not holding RT back. He has totally allowed him to audible, throw at the end of games, when a run is the % play and expanded the playbook in the past few weeks.

Don't you think Mike Sherman nows RT more than anyone else? Please.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is not holding RT back. He has totally allowed him to audible, throw at the end of games, when a run is the % play and expanded the playbook in the past few weeks.

Don't you think Mike Sherman nows RT more than anyone else? Please.
    If Sherman is that good of a coach why did he get fired from Texas A&M and been all over the league? Tell me this do you see innovation coming out of Sherman in his playing calling?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    If Sherman is that good of a coach why did he get fired from Texas A&M and been all over the league? Tell me this do you see innovation coming out of Sherman in his playing calling?
    I could give a **** why some college cut him loose. BTW, the talent that is there now...and is going to dominate the first part of the draft....was recruited by Sherman.

Yes. I think some of his play calling has been money. In my "assessments" each week, I state times that I disagree with Sherman. However, that happens with every OC. Sherman has done a terrific job under the circumstances.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I could give a **** why some college cut him loose. BTW, the talent that is there now...and is going to dominate the first part of the draft....was recruited by Sherman.

Yes. I think some of his play calling has been money. In my "assessments" each week, I state times that I disagree with Sherman. However, that happens with every OC. Sherman has done a terrific job under the circumstances.
    U know damn well why Texas A and M let him loose lack of success. So if they are so talented and constantly underachieving whose fault is that, wouldnt that be the coach. Year one Sumerlin got more out of that team than Sherman did in 5 years. we are discussing Sherman the head coach and not the recruiter. 25-25 with the talent he had deserved to be fired . Sumerlin ran the most effective offense that Texas a and m have ever seen.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sumlin was a helluva coach at Houston too. Had one bad year at 5-7 when the team was plagued by injuries (including Case Keenum missing the entire season with a torn ACL). And he his first full recruiting class at A&M is ranked higher than any of Sherman's ever were
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Sherman and having him back for another season would be the best thing for Philbin and Tannehill, but there are always OC's available. We will be fine either way.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    shermans not a damn good nfl oc...or at least he's not a very innovative one to date...some of that may be protecting his qb and some of it i'm sure is what he has to work with at some positions but there's no excuses for not running rub routes and picks in the red zone to get these no win red zone wrs off coverage every once in a while...

that said i think if sherm left it would hurt tannehill in the short term at least...but then again i bet that qb coach that came over with tannehill and sherm from a & m could transition to oc in this o and not miss all that much...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We can't really say Sherman did a mediocre job...he had a mediocre line up on offense
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This offense stunk for a better part of the year for multiple reasons, Sherman being one of them. Hopefully our idiot GM will see the value in finally adding some more playmakers, and we will see what Sherman can do. I can't wait for the day our offense becomes explosive. It's been a long time since we can say we are dangerous from anywhere on the field.
    Quote Quote