Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins likely to use tag on Sean Smith if no long term deal.. more on long

1. -31
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I 100% support tagging Smith.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
    LOL! No actual move has been made and some are already bashing the GM on what they think he will do based on a media article...
    You're right... Ireland has shown us nothing but shrewd moves and foresight since he's been here.

Newflash - We are about to endure a F O U R T H straight losing season and you are defending this guy?
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have no problem with franchising Smith. Another year to learn under Croyle and gives us the option to position ourselves to continue to grow the secondary through the draft and other possible FA without hindering our cap after next year or completely dismantling a fairly competent DB core. 1 key to this franchise getting better and remaining in the mix for years to come is not imploding this cap space in 1 offseason. Players are not fond of the tag because it takes away for them to get much more substantial guaranteed money and gives the team options for upcoming years. Smith is not as bad as most make him to be in this forum. Typical talk of fans in regards to their fave team in a position that gets criticized unfairly. I have seem several good DBs get blasted by donks fans here in CO. This offseason is important for next year but how we handle it should also be a reflection of many offseasons to come. Good franchises understand the importance of 3-4 years down the line as much as the next year.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    You're right... Ireland has shown us nothing but shrewd moves and foresight since he's been here.

Newflash - We are about to endure a F O U R T H straight losing season and you are defending this guy?
    How is he defending Ireland? He's laughing at you for getting worked up over something that hasn't happened. Just something suggested in an article
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post

jumping to conclusions two times in a a row... we win, we'll be 8-8... not a winning or losing season

One thing is for sure though, we will finishg with a better record than last year, all with a rookie HC and QB to boot. Roughly 50 mil in cap space before cut and restructures, 5 picks in the first 96 picks in the draft... No matter how you slice or dice it, it's progress, so what's your beef?
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Dolphins likely to use tag on Sean Smith if no long term deal.. more on long

I think this is typical media BS as Ireland is frugal if nothing else. There is no way that Sean Smith is worth anywhere near franchise tag money, even for one year. For that much money, throw it at the best FA CB on the market. Whomever that is, it is certainly not Smith!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I mean if people are willing to sign the guy for four years at 5-6 mil per I can't think why a 1 year shot at 10 million and extended flexibility would be an issue. If he shows promise you can move forward with the guy if not you are not stuck for 3 more years. Plus you will get a guarantee best effort with a 1 year deal. Multi year deals can often promote a player to lose their drive.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some of you are delusional if you think Smith will not command big FA money. We absolutely have to tag him if he doesn't sign a long term deal because we are already extra-thin at CB, imagine if we lose Smith we'll need a minimum of 3 new CB via either draft or FA including 2 starters. That's way too risky and THAT'S painting yourself in a corner. I perfectly understand that Smith is not a top-5 player at his position but we are in uber-trouble if we lose him...
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need to keep long even though Martin has played well at LT his rookie season I would like to have one of the better OT combos in the NFL
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rocket you are right, the guy will get paid a lot more than anyone of these SS haters can imagine. And when we are stuck in limbo next year at DB it will be all Ireland's fault because he did not improve the position even though a tag type move would have kept the core in place and provided time and options going forward.
    Quote Quote