Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: My letter to Congress

  1. -11
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,084
    vCash:
    6902
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    I think I'm buying an AK today, if so Ill post pics for you Irish

    It's not letting me post a pic of mine but here's the one I got. Folding stock makes it great for home defense. Easier to maneuver around corners, doorways and hallways.






    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    My letter to Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Smith21 View Post
    I don't think you understood his point. Ill try to make it first grade. His point is he likes his gun just as Others like corvettes. If you don't like one or the other it's simple don't buy one. The government banned kid fries from McDonald's too .. Wtf is with this world.
    The last time I looked, junior, people didn't go around killing each other with French fries. SMH.

    ---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    It's in the Bill Of Rights Irish. Get over it.
    Really, where did it say you can have semi automatics?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    My letter to Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    I think I'm buying an AK today, if so Ill post pics for you Irish
    Go ahead. It will be a good test for seeing if the background checks work. Judging by the ak47 fanatic in the post below I'm sure your background check will be miserable failure I.e. you get the gun.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    My letter to Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    1. People have used cars as murder weapons before, both to run people over and as a means of delivering bombs. This would also ban moving vans such as the ones used in the OKC and WTC bombings.
    2. If guns are only used to kill, then why have less than 1% of gun owners used their guns to kill? Have the other 99% never used their firearms? I've used my gun many times and have never even pointed it at someone while loaded.
    3. Your third paragraph just proves my point further, thank you.
    4. Your point about the 70mph limit also proves my point. Just as banning assault weapons won't prevent gun deaths, banning cars that go fast won't prevent auto deaths
    My third paragraph is about the lunacy of comparing guns to cars and all the other items that I mentioned. If you can't see the lunacy of the argument that your making then there is no hope for you.

    You then then write about the 99% who never used their fire arms, so why have them in? More guns in circulation that can be stolen and used to kill people as those 20 kids have paid the price for.

    There are countless civilized countries throughout he world, who have much lower murder rates due to strict laws on guns. Thats the proof. Only a fool would chose to ignore it.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,084
    vCash:
    6902
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    The last time I looked, junior, people didn't go around killing each other with French fries. SMH.

    ---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------



    Really, where did it say you can have semi automatics?
    Where does it say I can't???

    Americans have been buying semi-automatic rifles since the creation of them. It goes WAY back. Now why is that?? Because we have a 2nd amendment. The only time we couldn't buy semi-automatic rifles was during the 10 years of the "Assault Weapons Ban". Which proved not to accomplish anything. The fact is it's our right to have these weapons and always has been because of the Bill Of Rights. Your attack on the 2nd amendment is an attack on the Bill Of Rights. IMO you're no different than those that attack the BOR with things like the Patriot Act, NDAA, Indefinite Detention, War on Drugs, Warrantless Searches and Censorship. Just the typical status quo nonsense of why we need to constantly give up our liberties.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    5,429
    vCash:
    8698
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    SMH. Tell me something, how many cold blooded killers have you heard about that used cars to kill people? I haven't heard of any crazed killers that used sport cars to go out and deliberately kill people. Cars serve a necessary purpose in today's world and unfortunately there will be people killed due to their nature. Oh, you don't need to go 70 miles an hour to kill people with a car, a lower speed will do the trick.

    So now maybe you should have another letter into congress about electricity and how it also kills people each year, lets ban electricity. Also, lets ban processed food due to those food poisonings we have had. Lets ban planes, all chemicals, because people have died from them. Lets ban tvs and pcs because Americans are now coach potatoes and are dying because of obesity etc. etc. A common theme for all those is that their function is not to kill people, it's just the risk you take with the technology.

    Guns, on the other hand, serve one purpose and that is to kill. Whether it be animal or human it's main purpose is to kill. To draw the completely and utterly bull**** argument that you posted would shame the intelligence of a monkey. Where the **** do you come up with this utter horse ****?
    This has to be the most clueless post I have ever seen on finheaven. This post calls the OP a Bull**** argument that would shame a monkey, while being unable to understand that level of intelligence himself. Then he makes this statement "Also, lets ban processed food due to those food poisonings we have had. Lets ban planes, all chemicals, because people have died from them" well DUH!!!!! Thats the point, if you regulate guns, you have to regulate all the other items that kill.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    spydertl79's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    8,807
    vCash:
    1224
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Haha I have one speeding ticket in my background. It's from a private seller so there wouldn't be a background check. I am forced to buy from a private seller because of this stupid law that caused all the gun shops to sell out. Again, supply always meets demand.

    Im done responding to your posts if you can't be an adult and avoid personal attacks. Clearly you aren't able to make a rational argument to counter my OP or you wouldn't have to resort to name calling.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    My letter to Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    This has to be the most clueless post I have ever seen on finheaven. This post calls the OP a Bull**** argument that would shame a monkey, while being unable to understand that level of intelligence himself. Then he makes this statement "Also, lets ban processed food due to those food poisonings we have had. Lets ban planes, all chemicals, because people have died from them" well DUH!!!!! Thats the point, if you regulate guns, you have to regulate all the other items that kill.
    Are you completely clueless or what? The other items are regulated!!! Those items you live with the risks or you go back to the stone age. Semis etc you can live without as most of the rest of the civilized world does.

    You have about 40% of guns been purchased through private transactions and gun shows where there is no requirement for background checks!! It's obvious that guns supporters would rather let innocent kids die than restrict semi automatics etc so they can go play soldier at the weekend. They would rather come up with some bull**** about cars killing people than deal with the Tragedy that just occurred.

    However, been called clueless by you is fine. I'd rather come up solutions to that massacre than hide behind some childish nonsense.
    Last edited by rob19; 12-30-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: PA
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    My letter to Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    Haha I have one speeding ticket in my background. It's from a private seller so there wouldn't be a background check. I am forced to buy from a private seller because of this stupid law that caused all the gun shops to sell out. Again, supply always meets demand.

    Im done responding to your posts if you can't be an adult and avoid personal attacks. Clearly you aren't able to make a rational argument to counter my OP or you wouldn't have to resort to name calling.
    When you start treating that massacre as a real issue and not treat it as a basis for a stupid joke get back to me. Rational argument, yeah right, you're deluded.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    My letter to Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Where does it say I can't???

    Americans have been buying semi-automatic rifles since the creation of them. It goes WAY back. Now why is that?? Because we have a 2nd amendment. The only time we couldn't buy semi-automatic rifles was during the 10 years of the "Assault Weapons Ban". Which proved not to accomplish anything. The fact is it's our right to have these weapons and always has been because of the Bill Of Rights. Your attack on the 2nd amendment is an attack on the Bill Of Rights. IMO you're no different than those that attack the BOR with things like the Patriot Act, NDAA, Indefinite Detention, War on Drugs, Warrantless Searches and Censorship. Just the typical status quo nonsense of why we need to constantly give up our liberties.
    I disagree on having the patriot act and most of the other items you mentioned. One exception would be the war on drugs and the type of drugs you are referring too? Semis etc are perfectly fine for soldiers. Shot guns and rifles are fine for private citizens.

    I'm sure the founding fathers foresaw the developments of semis etc, not. I'm sure they foresaw those weapons been used to slaughter innocent 5 and 6 year olds, not. If they could, I'm sure they would have put in the appropriate language in the 2nd amendment to prevent this lunacy. However, if needs another change in the constitution, then bring it on.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. A letter to Mr Ross
    By jonanthans in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 02:27 PM
  2. Letter to Congress from Obama prior to HC Vote
    By MDFINFAN in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 06:49 PM
  3. An Open Letter to the Democratic Congress
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 01:02 PM
  4. Letter of Apology
    By PHANTASTIC 13 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 04:04 PM
  5. An Open Letter...
    By igor79 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2004, 06:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •