Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins' Releases/Re-structures??

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Kevin Burnett is playing like a top 5 OLB in the NFL and you think he's going to be a cap casualty? There's just no way around this but honestly you're insane. What the hell are you talking about?

I'm stunned. Absolutely stunned.

Burnett has played well but he hasnt played top 5 in the NFL. Im sure u can easily name 5 guys better than him
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    dansby has been a bosss...the glue that keeps that defense together and where they are supposed to be.

burnett while decent against the run, can't even run with scott chandler... he's terrible in coverage. I think the only coverage he did decent in last week was against buffalos fullback....

he could be upgraded for sure. but he is good depth if nothing else.

I can easily name five OLB's better than burnett... that comment was just silly.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    He wasnt a good corner in Carolina and thats why AZ got him for basically nothing
    Marshall, was brought it primarly to push Vantae and Smith for a starting spot or at the very least be our nikel back... 3 years for 16 mill is a decent price tage for a #2/3 CB... considering Eric Wright who was ranked 4 spots under Marshall by CBS' top 100 FA of 2012 got 5yrs/37.5mill http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transac...&_1:col_2=1The Fins played it smart on his contract, if he doesn't catch on, cutting him won't cost much....
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you cut incog and let long walk you better be ready to draft OL early.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Burnett has played well but he hasnt played top 5 in the NFL. Im sure u can easily name 5 guys better than him
    In 2012, for 4-3 OLBs, Burnett has played at a top 5 level. 100%. Will he be top 3 next year? Odds are, no. But you have to stick with the hot hand, and to sit here discussing cutting him as a cap casualty when we have the 3rd most cap room in the NFL is absolutely ridiculous

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post

I can easily name five OLB's better than burnett... that comment was just silly.
    All due respect, you don't know what you're looking at then. It's that simple.

Burnett has played at a top level. If you don't believe me, maybe you'll believe Pro Football Focus, which has him as the 3rd best OLB in the AFC through week 17??

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ster-2012-afc/
    Outside Linebackers: Von Miller (DEN), Justin Houston (KC) and Kevin Burnett (MIA)
    There arenít many players like Von Miller in the league as the 82 quarterback disruptions should show you. What is really understated about him is how good he is against the run, with only two players having more tackles for a loss. Houston hasnít quite followed up on his strong start to the year but heís done an excellent job of being a 3-4 outside linebacker who can contribute in every phase of the game. The backup is Burnett who has put behind him a disappointing first year in Miami to rank third overall in our 4-3 outside linebacker rankings.

"quality depth"?? holy moly.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    again with PFF, and u said top 5 olb's and Im not sure he would take him as one of the best 4-3 lb's either. he has played good.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    Marshall, was brought it primarly to push Vantae and Smith for a starting spot or at the very least be our nikel back... 3 years for 16 mill is a decent price tage for a #2/3 CB... considering Eric Wright who was ranked 4 spots under Marshall by CBS' top 100 FA of 2012 got 5yrs/37.5mill http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transac...&_1:col_2=1The Fins played it smart on his contract, if he doesn't catch on, cutting him won't cost much....
    The smart thing would have been to spend that money elsewhere like on Reggie Wayne. Its ok for a 2nd cb but for a nickelback its stupid money but he is now a starter just not a very good starter and never has been.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    again with PFF, and u said top 5 olb's and Im not sure he would take him as one of the best 4-3 lb's either. he has played good.
    I'll take my eyes and PFF over most if not all but 3 armchair GMs on FinHeaven every single day of the week. Not calling you one at all, just explaining why I use those numbers.

I'm confused by the rest of your post though. I did say top 5 OLBs, which... he is currently ranked. So.... there you have it I guess? The remainder of your post - I can't understand it so I can't reply to it. I agree with you that he's played well though.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    I'll take my eyes and PFF over most if not all but 3 armchair GMs on FinHeaven every single day of the week. Not calling you one at all, just explaining why I use those numbers.

I'm confused by the rest of your post though. I did say top 5 OLBs, which... he is currently ranked. So.... there you have it I guess? The remainder of your post - I can't understand it so I can't reply to it. I agree with you that he's played well though.

I was saying I would not take him as one of the best OLB in a 4-3 either but he is doing a good job. My problem with PFF is that people use this as gospel and there is sometimes more than pure stats breakdown to a player. I mean some people have acted like Dmitri Patterson is a good db just because of some ranking on PFF but in reality the team that signed him doesnt just piss away money cutting him in the first year of a contract if he is playing well, or giving a rookie 5th rounder his spot
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Richard Marshall could go to FS if you do not want Clemons back...I would try to sign Clemons and can Marshall or Patterson at the end of camp.
    Quote Quote