Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barkevious Mingo should be our #1 pick...

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Barkevious Mingo should be our #1 pick...

For those who haven't seen him, Barkevious Mingo, #49 LSU, is playing Clemson tonight. He is a beast DE, SUPER FAST. First play of the game he broke into the backfield and blew Sammy Wakins up, causing him to fumble and knocking him out of the game. Hope he's our #1!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mingo won't last till #12 but he's obviously playing for draft position cause I've not seen him play this amped up all year.

I still think he's more OLB than DE though.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Omg that guy is fast. Reminds me of JPP.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Omg that guy is fast. Looks like he's shot out of a gun on every play. Reminds me of JPP.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinheel View Post
    Omg that guy is fast. Reminds me of JPP.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Omg that guy is fast. Looks like he's shot out of a gun on every play. Reminds me of JPP.
    If he was 40 lbs heavier maybe, lol.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Mingo won't last till #12 but he's obviously playing for draft position cause I've not seen him play this amped up all year.

Obviously Jarvis Jones will go first... One of Moore,Mingo, or Werner will fall to us. I love Jordan but some of these guys are absolute beasting!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is VERY fast, but he's small for DE, only 240. He's be perfect in a 3-4 scheme. But what scares me about him is he only had 4 sacks all year. How does a guy with that type of physical talent on a team with that Dline (meaning he doesn't get doubled) only have 4 sacks and 5.5 TFL? Comparatively, Montgomery has 7 sacks/12 TFL, Minter has 3 sacks/13.5 TFL and Lavar Edwards has 4.5 sacks/7 TFL. I watched the Texas A&M game and saw a great OT pro prospect in Jake Matthews own Mingo for 4 quarters. Is that how it will be in the NFL? Or is he just so raw that he has no moves right now and will be a late bloomer like JPP?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

We can use either one. Can you imagine him with Wake on the other side! WOW!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Cane View Post
    He is VERY fast, but he's small for DE, only 240. He's be perfect in a 3-4 scheme. But what scares me about him is he only had 4 sacks all year. How does a guy with that type of physical talent on a team with that Dline (meaning he doesn't get doubled) only have 4 sacks and 5.5 TFL? Comparatively, Montgomery has 7 sacks/12 TFL, Minter has 3 sacks/13.5 TFL and Lavar Edwards has 4.5 sacks/7 TFL. I watched the Texas A&M game and saw a great OT pro prospect in Jake Matthews own Mingo for 4 quarters. Is that how it will be in the NFL? Or is he just so raw that he has no moves right now and will be a late bloomer like JPP?
    Remember JT was also considered too light when he was drafted. This kid with 20-30 more lbs would be a nightmare. He looks like a video game player on boost. He is EXACTLY what this team needs. I' m not buying all the WR at #1 stuff. We will get a WR in FA and draft one later, but this kid is a playmaker and with him and Wake our corners will be much more effective.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks

I thought the same thing. This does not look like a guy who should be coming into this game with only 4 sacks on the year. He is playing his butt off today though. As for OLB vs DE, hes every bit as big as Wake was when he came out of PSU, and has a frame to add a fair amount of muscle on. You can't teach his speed, and he is as athletic as can be. Huge upside for him. Like you said, the way he's playing today, and the way he's going to test at the combine, he won't be there when we pick.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    No way he gets past the jets. Rex ryan will be in love with mingo.
    Quote Quote