Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barry Jackson: Detailed FA Talk

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Indy is likely going to rival Miami for a big name FA WR
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Indy is likely going to rival Miami for a big name FA WR
    why would you say that??? they got wayne and hilton and brazwell who they like and at te they got fleener and allen...indy needs to focus on d...draft and free agency...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    You mean signing and cutting players with very liltle risk to the team? Somehow Im failing to see your logic.

Honestly, Miami is going to be fine. The WR situation is nearly impossible to foul up here, unless Greg Jennings absolutely tanks.
    Then why sign them to begin with? It's a waste of money when we could sign guys that could actually contribute. But as above, so below I guess.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    very interesting read indeed...can dump marshall and create more cap space...something i would seriously consider...if not a restructure at least at a cheaper rate...miami better be careful at right tackle in free agency...please don't pay the waist bender phil loadholt good money to come here...$4.6 mil for dmitri patterson??? that's got to be a typo...how much did cleveland pay that guy if miami picked up that contract

got to like that of the teams with the most money miami is the likely only one that would invest big money in a wr...might mean our competition for one is less...those other teams have young talent they believe in
    Hoops, I think Garner has played admirably in place of Martin at RT, IMHO Garner isn't a bad option to have and think Miami should resign him. He's finally been healthy this year and truly has held his own these past 3 games. I wouldn't drop a load of money on a RT in F/A, when the answer is quite possibly Nate Garner himself. I'd rather look for a RT in the upcoming draft. Whatta think?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    Hoops, I think Garner has played admirably in place of Martin at RT, IMHO Garner isn't a bad option to have and think Miami should resign him. He's finally been healthy this year and truly has held his own these past 3 games. I wouldn't drop a load of money on a RT in F/A, when the answer is quite possibly Nate Garner himself. I'd rather look for a RT in the upcoming draft. Whatta think?
    yeah garners held up solid so far...not sure i see it as a long term success though...but yeah i'd bring garner back as depth at least next season...john jerry has right tackle feet also which means he could swing out there if need be in a pinch...as for the draft i like the tackle class but to get a good one you probably got to burn a top 50 pick on the position if you want a day 1 starter...

right tackle is usually an easy find off someones vet cuts before free agency anyways...always some long in the tooth vet tackle out there that can give you a season if you need to buy time...

i'd sniff vollmers market in free agency if we let long go to see what kind of loot he's looking for...likely pricey coming off this season and you never know when his back will give out again which has been a major issue for him the last few years...

and of course you could resign jake long to a team friendly deal if he'll bite and kick him over to the right side...if he came back i'd do that anyways...give the left tackle job to jon martin going forward
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I completely agree that if Jake does come back it should be at RT, someone will back up the Brinks truck though.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Garner's too brittle to rely on. Way too brittle. He makes for a great swing man because in a pinch he can do just about anything but this FO is no more going to rely on him to be a full time RT than they were going to rely on Murtha to hold down that spot.

Jerry should be the prime candidate for RT, imo. But if he's half as dumb and lazy as it appears he might be I wouldn't blame them for having second thoughts about that plan. He's got the ability, for sure. But that's never been the issue.

I've been a big fan of Vollmer's since he first got into the lineup for NE but he's sort of fallen off from that early promise. Either way I don't think we'll be players for his services. Detroit and Chicago are going to price everyone else out bidding on the FA OLs, imo. If I'm laying odds Long ends up in Chicago (they always seem to want to win free agency) and Vollmer heads to Detroit. But we'll see on that. Branden Albert is a guard playing tackle. He could be a great LG but if the dude wants to be paid like a tackle, that's where you have to play him if you want him.

The two big question marks for the Dolphins, obviously, are WR and the secondary. If it's me, I'm moving Marshall to FS (or at least trying that, if he fails he's gone), Patterson goes inside to play nickel and I'm making a play for Derek Cox, who's one of the league's more underrated corners, for my other boundary guy. I'm also doing my diligence on figuring out what the hell happened to Tracy Porter (I mean, I'm aware they've got a young guy who's playing well, but still). That guy's feet are way too good for him not to be a starter in this league. If you can get a satisfactory answer on him you could steal a guy worth a huge contract not that long ago for less than his true market value. Guys like DRC and Talib... no way. **** those guys.

As for WR, Jennings will probably end up being the choice but if it's me I'm spending the extra money on Wallace. Don't get me wrong, I've sung Jennings' praises in other threads and I certainly prefer him to Bowe, who is overrated. But Wallace is a rare weapon, plain and simple. If they sign a Jennings and find a way to end up with a Steadman Bailey then I'm much happier with that plan. Hartline I can take or leave. Anything more than $3 million is an absolutely waste, imo. He's a #4 receiver in a good offense. By the end of preseason next year Rishard Matthews is going to have passed him on the depth chart. No doubt about that in my mind.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2nd best part.....

"but the Jets are in the NFLís worst cap predicament ($18 million over)"

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy"
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    The Dolphins have only $1.6 million in dead money from nearly a dozen players, ranging from Vontae Davis ($1.1 million) to Les Brown($1667).

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    LMAO at Les Brown's dead money amount

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Like signing ten or more FAs and having none of them currently on the roster.
    why do you always take what I say and then make a point about it that has nothing to do with what I actually said....lol. My point was about people not realizing that sometimes you have to to take a step back to take a step forward. My point is that Ireland has not been signing high priced free agents because he wants to build through the draft. We have a lot of ammo this coming off season because Ireland chose not to spend big recently. Hence the term " sometimes you have to break some eggs...." what you replied was only confirming what I was saying. I fail to see the logic in that
    Quote Quote