Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Barry Jackson: Detailed FA Talk

  1. -21
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Fluke

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,550
    vCash:
    11788
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mega-fin-love View Post
    why do you always take what I say and then make a point about it that has nothing to do with what I actually said....lol. My point was about people not realizing that sometimes you have to to take a step back to take a step forward. My point is that Ireland has not been signing high priced free agents because he wants to build through the draft. We have a lot of ammo this coming off season because Ireland chose not to spend big recently. Hence the term " sometimes you have to break some eggs...." what you replied was only confirming what I was saying. I fail to see the logic in that
    My post was dripping with sarcasm which I admit is hard to portray in text. In regards this thread specifically dealing with FA, I was getting at the fact that the entire carton of eggs was smashed on the driveway before we even got in the house. As to the overall trajectory of the team under current mangement, it's always one step forward and two steps back. Sometimes, it's even just two steps back for no apparent reason.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Mogwai's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2006
    Posts:
    4,418
    vCash:
    4952
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Miami is on the up, and has the 3rd most FA money available with the most draft ammo. That's a great job by the office and coaching staff.
    Good job to the front office for.. spending 5 years drafting and signing players who weren't good enough to earn long term roles on this team? Cincy has more cap space than we do and they're in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year while having some of the best young players in the league. If our front office did a "great job" then they deserve a ****ing Nobel Prize in comparison. I'm excited and hopeful for our offseason but it seems fundamentally wrong to applaud a man (Ireland) for putting us in a position that is purely a result of his own failures. We have another second rounder because of a blown 1st rounder. We have another 3rd rounder because of two blown 2nd rounders. Cincy has another second rounder because they outwitted a dimwit and turned a negative value player into gold. We have this cap space because the two first round picks he made for this team will no longer be on this team along with a long list of failed picks and FA signings. Ireland's got his shot at redemption this offseason and feel free to be excited about it but it is ****ing pathetic to applaud the man.

    ---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Indy is likely going to rival Miami for a big name FA WR
    What? They re-signed Wayne and had two extremely promising rookies this year. As well as an overachieving Avery and two promising, developing TEs. Just nonsense in this thread.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    Fin_Frenzy_84's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    3,623
    vCash:
    1403
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All I got to say is if we don't make the playoffs next year Ireland defiantly has to go. Our team is really not the bad and was close to making the playoffs this year.

    One team that might scare me in the future is the Bengals who have the most cap, but at the same time they need to save money for Dalton and A.J. extension.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    6108
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    Good job to the front office for.. spending 5 years drafting and signing players who weren't good enough to earn long term roles on this team? Cincy has more cap space than we do and they're in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year while having some of the best young players in the league. If our front office did a "great job" then they deserve a ****ing Nobel Prize in comparison. I'm excited and hopeful for our offseason but it seems fundamentally wrong to applaud a man (Ireland) for putting us in a position that is purely a result of his own failures. We have another second rounder because of a blown 1st rounder. We have another 3rd rounder because of two blown 2nd rounders. Cincy has another second rounder because they outwitted a dimwit and turned a negative value player into gold. We have this cap space because the two first round picks he made for this team will no longer be on this team along with a long list of failed picks and FA signings. Ireland's got his shot at redemption this offseason and feel free to be excited about it but it is ****ing pathetic to applaud the man.

    ---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------


    What? They re-signed Wayne and had two extremely promising rookies this year. As well as an overachieving Avery and two promising, developing TEs. Just nonsense in this thread.

    Which makes me more terrified than excited. We have all this cap room and all these draft picks. Misuse of these and it can cripple us for years. It's not like, well if Ireland screws up next year he's gone. If Ireland screws up the next offseason we can be screwed for years.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    521
    vCash:
    2267
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I honestly expect people to be disappointed with who we sign in free agency, I can't see us being a very active team, maybe one or two medium priced free agents, not much more than that.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,489
    vCash:
    8294
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    why would you say that??? they got wayne and hilton and brazwell who they like and at te they got fleener and allen...indy needs to focus on d...draft and free agency...
    And O line...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,633
    vCash:
    28455
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the walrus has a good plan...like the corner stuff although tracy porter has terrific feet he's been fighting a serious neck issue for some time if i recall correctly...still if patterson is really $4.6 mil against the cap next year i might be cutting bait with that or at minimum telling that kid to restructure...he was cut by cleveland after all so i can't imagine his markets gonna be hot
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,112
    vCash:
    29351
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the walrus has a good plan...like the corner stuff although tracy porter has terrific feet he's been fighting a serious neck issue for some time if i recall correctly...still if patterson is really $4.6 mil against the cap next year i might be cutting bait with that or at minimum telling that kid to restructure...he was cut by cleveland after all so i can't imagine his markets gonna be hot
    Would fit the picture, if true.

    We'll see about Patterson, but $4.6 million isn't overpaying if you're getting a top quality nickel. I'm not familiar enough with him to know if he is, but those guys are starters in my book.

    Derek Cox gets a 10th of the publicity as guys with his skill and talent. He's not a superstar by any means. Still has rawness to his game. But he's best corner available in free agency, imo. And with Gene Smith getting fired they might not be so inclined to keep him. Coyle and Anarumo have worked some magic with the guys we have. I'd be excited to see what they could do with Cox.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    matt11390's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,616
    vCash:
    6300
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't know how much money would be involved, but could Miami let Fasano go, cut Egnew, and sign two FA TE's? Keller may be costly but IMO two like Davis and Cook won't break the bank. Then we have those two playmakers and add Clay foe another.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    Billk78's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    1,990
    vCash:
    5095
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is Legedu Nannee available? I hear he's really good.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Barry Jackson: Some FA Notes
    By Hayden Fox in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 02:57 AM
  2. Barry Jackson Buzz
    By Hayden Fox in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 03:22 AM
  3. Barry Jackson Dolphins Buzz
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 01:03 PM
  4. Barry Jackson on who the next possible picks could be
    By FinAtic8480 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
  5. Fins vs Bucs vs Jags. A detailed (and I mean DETAILED) comparison.
    By NawlinsBucFan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •