Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WR Comparison: Jennings/Bowe/Wallace

1. -11
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whodizking View Post
    Jenning is best fit for offense but feel he isn't Elite. He is very good just don't see him Elite. low risk and low reward making it safe

Wallace is a home run hit but also a one trick pony and the good defenses take him out easy. Highest risk and medium reward for the occasional big play but when u need a first or need that corner end zone TD catch I don't see him making the catches sorry.

Bowe is the only player that at full energy of his skills is the most dominant but doesn't say much if he doesn't believe and giving
    him tons of money to see him lose faith if we lose would just be horrible. I feel he is the medium risk but higher reward if it works.

I hope that we find that WR young talent we need in is years draft FINALLY cuz I hate paying these Divas big cash
    So greg isn't elite but wallace is a homerun hit? The only thing wallace has over jennings is speed. And when jennings is healthy he's always been a top 10 WR. Jennings easily the most skilled but oldest, Wallace with the most speed and youngest, Bowe being the most physical and 1 year younger than jennings.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    For ****'s sake is the WCO is being dragged out again as an excuse to avoid talented speed receivers? If anyone watched this year, we haven't abandoned deep routes we've just lacked the personnel to execute them properly. This offense is starved for speed and we have the chance to bring in maybe the best deep threat in the league. I have trouble calling Wallace overrated when he has more TDs through his first 4 years in the league than our entire WR corp combined over that span.
    lol wallace would be fine here, he can take the hartline role of curl and bomb

I like that tannehill likes to chuck it deep, I think wallace is obviously perfect for that

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wallace is a lot more than just a deep threat. The fantastic thing about him is that he has legitimate feet and start and stop ability... and the ability to run by just about everyone. In other words, if he kept the rest of his physical talent and was only a 4.5 guy... he'd still be a legitimate NFL starter, imo. He's not a physical dynamo on contested balls but he's stronger than a Brian Hartline. Probably a notch below Greg Jennings in that area but certainly in his class.

Dwayne Bowe is lazy and a ****up. He's more the prototypical WCO (though not the kind of receiver Philbin had in Green Bay) but I just don't care for the guy. I've always got the sense he was just waiting to get paid. But, I don't think we have to worry about it because I don't consider him a very likely option, if for no other reason than he's a drop machine and Philbin hates drops more than Mark buttfumble hates life.

I've sung Jennings' praises for a while now. I definitely feel we have the inside track to sign him, for all the obvious reasons and also because Jennings wants to be an actor when he's done playing (he's already guest starred on Law and Order, I think), and Miami is a good media market to be in for that. The guy is a great mentor, runs the best fade stop in the business and is clutch. But with his recent injury history and age you can't look at him as the answer the way you can with Wallace. He's a stop gap. You're still basically committing yourself to needing to upgrade the position with a premium young talent. Like I said in the Barry Jackson thread, I'm much happier with a Jennings signing if it means we've maneuvered in the draft to get Steadman Bailey.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jennings and Bowe would be ridiculous. We have enough picks to fill in some of the holes if Ireland can actually hit a few in this draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    For ****'s sake is the WCO is being dragged out again as an excuse to avoid talented speed receivers? If anyone watched this year, we haven't abandoned deep routes we've just lacked the personnel to execute them properly. This offense is starved for speed and we have the chance to bring in maybe the best deep threat in the league. I have trouble calling Wallace overrated when he has more TDs through his first 4 years in the league than our entire WR corp combined over that span.
    Finally someone says it well.We finally have a chance to add a true fast talented receiver unlike scary ginn.If he doesn't know the WCO system he can learn it hes a smart guy who played all his life.lol..Get Wallace and get a WR in the draft that's tall, fast and physical to groom in,along wit a TE and this Offense will be unstoppable.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    So greg isn't elite but wallace is a homerun hit? The only thing wallace has over jennings is speed. And when jennings is healthy he's always been a top 10 WR. Jennings easily the most skilled but oldest, Wallace with the most speed and youngest, Bowe being the most physical and 1 year younger than jennings.
    What I ment was that Wallace is a one trick pony with the occasional home run hit.... not that he is a home run hit signing.

But I still don't think Jennings is elite tho. he is good and might fit in this offense but I hope u aren't looking for 1500 TD season or 200 TD receiving games. I think he will be solid at best.

To me Bowe is better but like I said it is if he believes in the team or we will have what the chiefs have head aches. Similar to Marshall dilemma even tho we shouldn't have in my opinion traded him
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1500 YARDS AND 200 YARDS, STUPID PHONE!!! Lol Sorry guys
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't see Wallace coming here, with 32 teams in the league the chances of him coming here are probably 1% or less. Why would Miami be his number 1 destination? Bowe I agree isn't a Philbin type guy, too many drops and not a team first player. Jennings could come and I think Philbin might be open to that, and we probably do have the inside track, the question is does Philbin want an older good receiver or does he want to build nearly all through the draft. If I'm honest I think there is a reasonable chance we sign him, maybe 50/50.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cant wait for a stud wr
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Bower and Jennings are the most realistic options. I think someone is going to drastically overpay for Wallace and I don't think it'll be us. Remember last year that this guy wanted as much money as Larry Firzgerald? That's outrageous.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote