Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Do you trust Ireland with the 2013 season?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 33.02%
  • No

142 66.98%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Do you trust Ireland with our 2013 season?

1. -71
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lkconch View Post
    If Jeff blows this draft how many of his followers will say that he needs ONE more year? What excuse will they offer, And who thinks that this year will make or break the Miami Dolphins?
    It'll be Philbin's fault somehow.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know many of us are unhappy and perhaps a bit impatient with Jeff but he has made some good picks....Tannehill, Hartline, Jake Long, and I think Bess through free agency. Everyone was upset when we traded away Marshall but we got back a couple picks and now we will see what Ireland will do with it. Five picks in the first three rounds can help us turn this thing around in a hurry. I think we need to give Jeff the benefit of the doubt....if he screws it up this year though, then it is time to look for a new GM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When exactly will we know when he blew the upcoming draft? Did he blow last year's, or the year before? We shouldn't count just the draft, we should take into account the entire off season, and the bottom line should be wins. If we regress then it might be time to move on.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i only blame the gm for the cap, trades and coaches. the only gm i knock for drafts are the ones pick on there own like the chargers gm.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    First and Foremost lets hope this is the best FA period for Ireland and company. Secondly, I think its pretty unanimous that if Jeff blows this one! Nobody is going to be crying to retain his services.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cool thread bro
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am an Ireland defender, not neccessarily a guy who will defend him no matter what.

For one, I tend not to take too much stock in people who dont do this for a living everyday, including myself. Which is why I listen to the things Ireland and Philbin are saying.

I also tend to or try to think outside a box. Everything in life is not all wrapped up in one convenient saying, player, system, ect. Things change constantly in life. The weather changes everyday and people swear there is climate change. HELLO!!!!

I just see this year as the year there has to be significant upgrade to a young team that makes the playoffs. The margin of error is razor thin sometimes. You have to win against good teams and you have to win the close ones conssistantly. Then there is a little luck on top.

If Ireland doesnt make it happen this year, I think the natives will indeed be restless, and I wont have much more to defend him for, especially since his contract is up after this year. So I believe Ireland is good under pressure and he certainly set this year up nice didnt he? Philbin in his ear. it all points upward. We missed the playoffs by two FG's and a couple of bad turnovers IMO but this offense will click a lot sooner this year with more firepower IMO.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by lkconch View Post
    If Jeff blows this draft how many of his followers will say that he needs ONE more year? What excuse will they offer, And who thinks that this year will make or break the Miami Dolphins?
    How do you define "blows this draft"? Not picking the players you want? What exactly can make you conclude he blows a draft after the picks he makes? Can we conclude for sure that the 2012 draft was a good or bad draft? It appears based on early results that Ireland had a very successful draft last year, but nothing that can make us say for certain that it was great or a bust.

Ireland isn't going to be fired or retained based on the 2013 draft picks alone, it will be an overall judgement based on the success of the entire team this upcoming season.

Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i believe ireland is going to hit it out of the park this year, and that it will be his best off-season by a wide margin. you must take into account that philbin's philosophy is to build through the draft, that high priced free agents are generally not resigned by their current teams for some (negative) reason. you must also take into account that the value of a draft is not measured until two or three seasons down the road.

we should also get more insight into his first two drafts as head man: mike pouncey, daniel thomas, charles clay, jimmy wilson, ryan tannehill, jonathan martin, michael egnew, olivier vernon, lamar miller, josh kaddu, kheeston randall, and rishard matthews.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we don't have a winnIng record this year he's done.
    Quote Quote