Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Armon Binns , Does he could be solid WR for us ?

  1. -11
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Ordinary Average Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,561
    vCash:
    44301
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys are letting your fandom obscure your thinking. The Dolphins WR core is cluttered with JAGs. It needs a serious upgrade at 1-2. Bess has peaked and it is not overly impressive. He has problems creating separation and is invisible in the red zone.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    dolpns13's Avatar
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    25,108
    vCash:
    28175
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Devone Bess can be traded. I'd like to see Matthews, Binn and Hartline in camp with Jennings and Allen.
    Hmmm, what makes you think Binns and Matthews can even hold Bess jock?
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Longing for Relevancy...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,752
    vCash:
    3976
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    You guys are letting your fandom obscure your thinking. The Dolphins WR core is cluttered with JAGs. It needs a serious upgrade at 1-2. Bess has peaked and it is not overly impressive. He has problems creating separation and is invisible in the red zone.
    You seriously do not understand what I am saying...did my quote on stating we should get our #1 receiver through free agency and draft and line him on the outside with Bess in the slot escape you? You seem to have no idea what a slot receiver does. I never said Bess should stick with us as a #1, no one feels that way as I have said time and again that he is a SPECIALIST...not an all purpose WR.



    "Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Ordinary Average Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,561
    vCash:
    44301
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    You seriously do not understand what I am saying...did my quote on stating we should get our #1 receiver through free agency and draft and line him on the outside with Bess in the slot escape you? You seem to have no idea what a slot receiver does. I never said Bess should stick with us as a #1, no one feels that way as I have said time and again that he is a SPECIALIST...not an all purpose WR.
    Obtaining a 1 and 2 means everyone moves down. If you were paying attention last week you would have seen Binn lining up in the slot. Hartline is another guy who can play the slot and has better skills then Bess. Devone Bess is not a critical component of this offense.

    Nowhere did I say anything about you referring to Bess being a 1. Please dont insult my intelligence by saying I am not listening to you or don't understand a slot WR. It's ok to disagree.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Longing for Relevancy...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,752
    vCash:
    3976
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Obtaining a 1 and 2 means everyone moves down. If you were paying attention last week you would have seen Binn lining up in the slot. Hartline is another guy who can play the slot and has better skills then Bess. Devone Bess is not a critical component of this offense.

    Nowhere did I say anything about you referring to Bess being a 1. Please dont insult my intelligence by saying I am not listening to you or don't understand a slot WR. It's ok to disagree.
    LOL no, you just lose all credibility after saying that Brian Hartline is better than Davone Bess in the slot. Make a poll on these forums asking that question, I implore you.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    finfan54's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    24,821
    vCash:
    18646
    Thanks / No Thanks
    talk about long being hurt. second year bess went down at the end.

    and the answer to your question on binns is yes, he can become a force. He finds the endzone alot. Right now, he is being asked to do smaller stuff. I think Bailey in the draft and one of the free agent wr's will do the trick along w/ a TE.

    We will have full deck next year if this is done.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    The truth is out there.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    15,964
    vCash:
    105350
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    You guys are letting your fandom obscure your thinking. The Dolphins WR core is cluttered with JAGs. It needs a serious upgrade at 1-2. Bess has peaked and it is not overly impressive. He has problems creating separation and is invisible in the red zone.
    I agree completely.

    That said, on the subject of Binns specifically, if he shows up today and makes a couple of plays, he will definitely have done enough that I want to see him in camp again next season.


    This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,995
    vCash:
    35254
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Do you not realize his impact in the slot on 3rd downs? He is a machine at keeping drives alive, I can't imagine what he would do in a Brady led offense. Bess is staying here for a long time.

    I do agree Bess has done a good job and would probably be better in NE who wouldnt but I do find that people that think he could step in and be Wes Welker is beyond disrespect for what Welker has done. Im not saying u implied that but welker has done some things no other player has ever done and may never do again 5 seasons 110 or more receptions.

    ---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    talk about long being hurt. second year bess went down at the end.

    and the answer to your question on binns is yes, he can become a force. He finds the endzone alot. Right now, he is being asked to do smaller stuff. I think Bailey in the draft and one of the free agent wr's will do the trick along w/ a TE.

    We will have full deck next year if this is done.
    what do u mean he finds the endzone alot did u mean in college
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    fanfin's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2012
    Posts:
    1,808
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yes absolutely bring him back.. atleast for mini camp and training camp... although his stats werent that impressive those 3 catches he made were in close quarters (tough catches) and i believe were all on third down.... easily better than matthews, moore, fuller... gb has kept 6 wr on roster at times so he should atleast get training camp invite
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,460
    vCash:
    3124
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I worry that Ireland looks at Binns the way he looked at Legadu Naanee (incidently Omar has been pumping up Binns lately like he did Naanee in camp) and decides the WR corp is solved with his addition and doesn't address WR in free agency or the draft.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 01:09 PM
  2. Armon binns
    By DolfanChris06 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 03:14 AM
  3. What does everyone thimk about Armon Binns?
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 04:46 PM
  4. Keep your Eye on Armon Binns
    By finfan54 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 12:25 AM
  5. Dolphins claimed WR Armon Binns off waivers from the Bengals.
    By nyfinzfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •