Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OF COURSE The Liberal Media isn't biased

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OF COURSE The Liberal Media isn't biased

We all saw this all over the news all week, right?? No? Could it be that when someone comes in and shoots up a movie theater and is stopped by someone with a gun before he has a chance to finish killing everyone that it doesn't fit in with the liberal agenda?? Hmmmm ....

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...rsHjXx2kQ.cspx
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Excellent. Yes, you will not see this on the news. Doesn't fit liberal agenda. Thanks. Great post!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lets throw out all bias and agenda from the news. I think i know where to start:

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," host Gretchen Carlson asked at one point, introducing the video.

In the video —which is labeled as a "Fox and Friends Presents" production — viewers see images of Obama talking about jobs contrasted with footage of homeless people. There is dark, foreboding music, and statistics about the unemployment rate, the rise in the number of food stamps, and the national debt, among other things.

The hosts heaped lavish praise on the producer of the video saying that it had taken a "tremendous amount of research" to put together.

Some media critics were outraged by the video. The Baltimore Sun's David Zurawik denounced it, calling it reminiscent of "1930s propaganda"
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1556557.html

The UCS found that, in 37 of 40 instances, Fox News programs misled viewers about climate science—mainly, by broadly dismissing it. As an example, the UCS quotes an on-air statement from April 11, 2012: I thought we were getting warmer. But in the ‘70s, it was, look out, we’re all going to freeze. (The report didn’t reveal the name of the actual source.) Fox News hosts and guests also mocked and disparaged statements from scientists and drowned out genuine scientific assertions with cherry-picked data and false claims.

The WSJ opinion pages fared a bit better: only 81 percent of the 48 references to the climate key words were misleading, according to the UCS analysis.
    http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...imate-science/

Typically dominant in cable news ratings for Tuesday's State of the Union - 4.9-million viewers compared to CNN's 2.9-million -- Fox News Channel now faces criticism from another front, 400 Rabbis who have asked the channel's executives to penalize star Glenn Beck for his repeated references to Nazis.

One quote: "You diminish the memory and meaning of the Holocaust when you use it to discredit any individual or organization you disagree with. That is what Fox News has done in recent weeks, and it is not only ‘left-wing rabbis’ who think so."
    http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media/...azi-references

Fox News viewers are much more likely than others to believe false information about American politics, a new study concludes.

The study, conducted by the University of Maryland, judged how likely consumers of various news outlets and publications were to believe misinformation about a wide range of political issues. Overall, 90% of respondents said they felt they had heard false information being given to them during the 2010 election campaign. However, while consumers of just about every news outlet believed some information that was false, the study found that Fox News viewers, regardless of political information, were "significantly more likely" to believe that:

--Most economists estimate the stimulus caused job losses (12 points more likely) --Most economists have estimated the health care law will worsen the deficit (31 points)
    --The economy is getting worse (26 points)
    --Most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring (30 points)
    --The stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts (14 points)
    --Their own income taxes have gone up (14 points)
    --The auto bailout only occurred under Obama (13 points)
    --When TARP came up for a vote most Republicans opposed it (12 points)
    --And that it is not clear that Obama was born in the United States (31 points)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_798146.html
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't fall into the trap of the Left-Right Paradigm. The media is controlled by corporatists, banks, wall street, special interests, status quo statists and the military industrial complex. Where is the "liberal" media with things like the Patriot Act, NDAA, the just recent FISA extension, Warrantless Searches, Assassinations of Americans, Undeclared Wars, Drone Bombings and the War on Drugs???? No where to be found that's where. Unless it's gay marriage or abortion the "liberal" media and Obama supporters for the most part take a vacation.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice find... Google shows at least two other mass shootings stopped by gun owners. Thank god for the Internet because you won't see anything about this on the mainstream news.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it really is crazy how much the 3 major cable news networks filter from us. thanks for posting.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Once again someone with a gun stops the killing. The last thing we need is more people capable of ending this type of bloodshed right???
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All media is biased and because all people are biased. The best you can hope for is that all the facts are presented, and not omitted, in order to let the people make informed decisions.

I am now a reporter for a small community newspaper. There is a lot of pressure to publish some things and not others. Oh, the stories I could tell LOL
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thumbs down because of the "liberal media" bull****. Grow the **** up, both of you...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the only real liberal bias there is present in this country's newspapers. And I think that's pretty well documented. All the news channels serve their corporate interests rather than any real bias. MSNBC caters to the liberal crowd, Fox serves the extreme right wing crowd. CNN is just slightly left of center from what I can tell. That's why I get most of my news from a few different websites. Sure I read Foxnews but I read CNN just as much, if not more. I want my news with varying slants, not just one slant.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote