Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I guaranty Egnew........

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he was as bad as half the people on here think he'd've been cut already. People expect far too much in someone's first season.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Never happen. Egnew isn't even that good offensively. At least, if you're going to be a rookie TE who can't block, your offense better be amazing or else why the hell are you even in the NFL. Nevermind the fact that he was a 3rd rounder......

Fasano is better than him. I hope he proves all of us wrong and somehow gets his butt on the field and becomes the starter.... but I just don't see it.

You know, the Colts screwed us hard. They got Andrew Luck, AND they took two TE's in the 2nd round. Fleener and Allen. Fleener got injured in rookie year but Allen looked good. We got stuck with Egnew as a result. If the Colts had only taken Fleener, we would have gotten Allen and we would be sittin pretty at TE right now.
    Last edited by electrolyte; 12-31-2012 at 07:17 AM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeharley666 View Post
    He's been working on his blocking. They kept him this long for a reason.
    They kept him this long because they shipped their pro bowl WR for 2 picks and one of those picks were used for him. This guy is going to get chance after chance because of it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    Thank you, finally someone who is positive. I agree, I think Egnew has potential. On any other team he would be contributing, but we all know how weird and philosophical Philbin is. I mean Miller barely gets playing time cause he cant block, Reggie got benched cause he fumbled once. But I think Philbin will give Egnew a shot next year.
    All season there were reports he didn't practice well and wasnt earning the opportunity to be active on Sundays. In other words the coaching staff didn't believe he could contribute positively. With that said, a shot next year? Can we really afford to take that chance unless we drastically upgrade the position (I mean someone better than fasano)? This team needs to get better next year and I'm not sure egnew helps that cause.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    STUD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerDolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectFinz72 View Post
    All season there were reports he didn't practice well and wasnt earning the opportunity to be active on Sundays. In other words the coaching staff didn't believe he could contribute positively. With that said, a shot next year? Can we really afford to take that chance unless we drastically upgrade the position (I mean someone better than fasano)? This team needs to get better next year and I'm not sure egnew helps that cause.
    That is why I think he will start next year. Look, Philbin must see something here especially if the reports were bad practices and he's still on the payroll. I think they love his talent and knew going in he was a project for a year. They probably have him on a weight gaining regime and other goals. Hey,they drafted him and didn't draft any other WR, that tells me they had every intention on throwing the year away to acquire draft picks and get cap friendly.
    Quote Quote