Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brandon Marshall's team missed the playoffs, again!

1. -21
    Visiting Webmaster

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He has to be happy. He's all about himself and he had a great year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Declaw the Jags

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Brandon marshall the coach killer
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As much as people want to bag on Marshall when things go poorly for him, it's not on him Chicago missed the playoffs. They were still a 10 win team. That being said, Chicago has glaring weaknesses.

That OL is comical. Outside of drafting Gabe Carimi in the first round in 2011, they never made a serious push to improve the OL since drafting Chris Williams in 2008. Now I'm not saying take our approach of multiple early round OLs, but you gotta make some effort in improving that.

Outside of Marshall they just don't have any weapons in the receiving game except Matt Forte on swing passes. Alshon Jefferies did not have the impact they were expecting out of him (some of that was injuries), Devin Hester has been fairly useless at WR, Johnny Knox missed the year recovering from a broken back, and they have no consistency at TE (and they can thank Mike Martz for that).

I respect Chicago's ability to get the most out of any and all defensive players they have (Ask Colt fans what they thought of Tim Jennings while he was in Indy) but they are not good at building an offense.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I don't know, I see a player that puts up big numbers but in 7 career years has never sniffed the playoffs. That is also being in three different cities. The Dolphins won more this year without him and with a rookie quarterback. He is a very good players who will always put up big numbers. But is he a winner? Does he really elevate the teams that he is on to the next level? I think 7 years says no.
    So somehow he's to blame for Chicago missing the playoffs when he's a Top 3 WR in the NFL right now? Using that logic if he wasn't as productive which somehow equated to the Bears making the playoffs, that's somehow his doing? It's insane to me that anyone would blame Brandon Marshall for the Bears not making the playoffs.

Him in a Dolphins uniform.....he had some of the most prolific seasons at WR as any player has had in team history yet it's his fault they missed the playoffs? Not Henne, or Sparano, or Henning, or the defense never making the big play?

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Is it Calvin Johnson's fault the Lions went 4-12? How could they have been so ****ty when he had one of the best WRs years in NFL history? How many times has Calvin Johnson been to the postseason in his career? Or Andre Johnson for that matter....

Quote Quote