Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dolphins Draft Pick Set - #12

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm so hoping that Werner is there at 12 for us but I doubt he will be. Get one of the top WR's in free agency and maybe a TE as well and then we're ready for the draft. Werner would be my top choice at this point if he's there. Honestly, I don't like the corners that will be there at 12. If we move down then maybe a corner but not at 12...just my opinion....as far as WR, again, I don't see one worth taking at 12 at this point tho I might change my mind. If we get one in free agency then no need to take one in the first round but I'd still consider one more WR, maybe in the 3rd round. We need a lot of help. We're not just one or 2 players away like some people like to think......please, if we keep Ireland, I hope he doesn't mess things up........is that wishful thinking tho?

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm glad we beat Buffalo ... and I think Bryan Cox said it best with his dual salute. Finishing 2nd in the division is something to build upon, and it also means round 2 of Luck v. Tannehill that I'm expecting to entertain us for a decade.

If you look at the past drafts there are actually a lot of players in that 8-15 range that end up being superstars. If Mingo or Montgomery start using their incredible physical ability they will be talked about like Aldon Smith and JPP, both of whome were similarly drafted in that sort of second eschelon of not quite sure-fire prospects that have drool-worthy physical ability. Jake Matthews, if available, will light up the phones so any trade down will yield another good pick. Guys like Tyler Eifert, Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson, Xavier Rhodes or any of the great fit players going late 1st/early 2nd (where we have no picks) are certain to be targeted, and if we could get 2 of them for trading down, I don't see how we pass that up.

We finished 7-9 and its safe to say that with a tad better place kicking we'd have finished 9-7 ... not bad for getting the team to buy into Philbin's regime. We stand to have one of the biggest infusions of talent this offseason and can build around a young QB with plenty of ammo.

What's the difference between 9 and 12 ... not sure, but I do know we picked Koa Misi in the 2nd round of the 2010 draft and exactly two spots later in the 2nd round the Patriots selected Rob Gronkowski ... so maybe its less about that spot difference and more about talent (and injury) evaluation.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think they should take a corner in the first round. I don't really like any of this years free agent cornerbacks and it's too risky to wait till the second round especially since this isn't a deep draft for CB's. There should still be some good pass rushers and receivers available in the second and third rounds though.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    If, and this is a big IF, Manti Teo is there do we draft him anyways?
    Well, we took Ted Ginn over Patrick Willis because we wanted a speedy offensive playmaker. Hopefully, we won't reach for need and miss on a great player.
    Quote Quote