Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Division Just Got Tougher For Us

1. -1
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Division Just Got Tougher For Us

First the BeanCounter is gone, Rex is supposedly safe - although his presser has been cancelled, so maybe not so fast as maybe more objective voices have convinced The Bandaid legacy owner that no self-respecting GM will take over that mess if having to start off with only 1 testicle.

and now Schefter has reported that Chan Gailey has been kicked to the curb.
    We still have Nix, but who knows for how long.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    As long as they keep doing dumb **** like signing Mario Williams for 95 million dollars, they will always be the Buffalo Bills.

But I am very sad to know that Uncle Chan and the 'Stache will be headed for greener pastures. I will miss them.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    As long as they keep doing dumb **** like signing Mario Williams for 95 million dollars, they will always be the Buffalo Bills.

But I am very sad to know that Uncle Chan and the 'Stache will be headed for greener pastures. I will miss them.
    that makes 3 former Fins HC ****-canned (although I don't know if it's official yet with The Meatball). Sad that these guys we chose to be our field CEOs can't even succeed in coordinator roles.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bills and Jets will still be ****.
    Because Buffalo is just depressing, and Jets are in cap hell.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Not to worry. So long as the Jests keep Rex around, they are going to be total ****. Rex is the real problem, not the bean counter.

Besides, they cant be good next season no matter who they hire. They have absolutely no money to spend and are stuck with Sanchez.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Yup, I agree that Rex is the problem. He is a ****ing clown, he has no idea how to run a team, only a defense. Remember, Tony was his choice to run the offense. Jets have simply added one more year to the circus.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Not to worry. So long as the Jests keep Rex around, they are going to be total ****. Rex is the real problem, not the bean counter.

Besides, they cant be good next season no matter who they hire. They have absolutely no money to spend and are stuck with Sanchez.

i wouldn't be so sure. i'm not saying it will happen...because i AM a jets fan and i know that most of the time they will be a disappointment but i can make the argument that if we get an upgrade at qb, running back and lb'er we will have revis and cro and hopefully landry back. holmes and edwards and the upgrade at rb. wilkerson and coples looked good enough and shoudl only get better. some o-line upgrades and we could be pretty competitive. will take some creative cap maneuvering but it's possible. we shall see.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsattack View Post
    i wouldn't be so sure. i'm not saying it will happen...because i AM a jets fan and i know that most of the time they will be a disappointment but i can make the argument that if we get an upgrade at qb, running back and lb'er we will have revis and cro and hopefully landry back. holmes and edwards and the upgrade at rb. wilkerson and coples looked good enough and shoudl only get better. some o-line upgrades and we could be pretty competitive. will take some creative cap maneuvering but it's possible. we shall see.

Even without Revis, the defense played good enough to win games. Sanchez single handedly lost the Jets several games. So I would agree with you that IF the Jets could upgrade those positions that they would be competitive. The problem is the Jets are going to have to cut a lot of players and still won't have a lot of cap space to upgrade all of those positions. Who are the Jets going to bring in at QB? It will have to be a rookie or a journeyman QB. Rex is so loyal to Sanchez and only removed him when Sanchez sucked soo bad and blew the last shot at the playoffs for the Jets. Sanchez will out perform a rookie or journeyman QB in training camp and Rex will name him the starter. The Jets only hope is if the new GM comes in and cuts bait with Sanchez. I don't see that happening though with the kind of cap hit the Jets will take.
    Quote Quote