Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So What Do You Think Will Eventually Happen With Matt Moore?

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    marshville, nc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    my guess is oakland, palmers done, pryor was overhyped
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Waterboy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can't blame him if he wants the opportunity to start somewhere. If Moore is comfortable at backup I wouldn't want to keep him. Get me a backup who wants to be the starter.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nobody tries to pick him up because he sucks. his ceilling is as high as it will ever be and thats a game manager. People don't go crazy over game managers. the guy has thrown for 300 yards once in his career. the great "success" you people talk about stemmed from the defense waking up and our ability to run the ball. Henne's game against NE last season would have been the best of moore's career. Hell, henne had a couple games with the jags that top anything moore has done. Flynn had games as a back up in green bay that moore would never have and Tannehills games against the colts and cardinals this year are things you'd never expect from moore.

Moore is a back up lever player. period.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    During Hard Knocks last offseason, we all witnessed Philbin's man crush on Pat Devlin. Devlin also played decent in preseason. Those things foreshadow Matt Moore's parting wiht our team. I'd love to keep him, but someone else will likely offer him more than backup money.
    Last edited by Zounds; 01-02-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah, he earned it, and then was beaten out by better competition so he did not deserve to start this year. You do understand what competition is dont you?
    Quote Originally Posted by nopokerinoot View Post
    Why would he stay here. He earned a chance to start last year, and he wasn't given one. He is going to move on pretty quickly.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    During Hard Knocks last offseason, we all witnessed Philbin's man crush on Pat Devlin. Devlin also played decent in preseason. Those things foreshadow Matt Moore's parting wiht our team. I'd love to keep him, but someone else will likely offer him more than backup money.
    Thinking Devlin is a good third choice QB does not make him a good backup qb.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Thinking Devlin is a good third choice QB does not make him a good backup qb.
    Being a 3rd string QB is a backup QB. Besides, Philbin is constantly talking about developing his own players. Devlin as a backup to Tannehill is definitely plausible.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Being a 3rd string QB is a backup QB. Besides, Philbin is constantly talking about developing his own players. Devlin as a backup to Tannehill is definitely plausible.
    Philbin doesn't make the personnel decisions. If I'm Ireland I would bring Moore back in case Tannehill gets hurt or struggles he'll need a guy to come in and save his job.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I agree, we have been developing devlin to be tannehills back up.

I think Moore signs with the chiefs or another team that drafts a qb high. He will battle it out in tc with them and probably start next year. He will sign with the team that gives him the best chance to start.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I think he can be a starter in this league, but I totally agree on your take on Moore. Matt has to make a decision...does he try to snag a starter's job in this league and get yanked around by a new coach and young QB or does he become part of the "fabric" of Coach Philbin's regime?

If I were him and I could get a quality deal in Miami, I would come back to South Fla. I could do a lot worse.
    Hayden. Dude! Moore is a Career Back Up. You know how you know? When they told him during Hard Knocks, he bent over and took it. Marino would have thrown his Playbook and Slammed the Door. Any QB with "IT" would have done the Same. No NFL Team is going to let him Lead.

Devlin > Moore
    Quote Quote