Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this the ultimate Offseason FA/ Draft attack?

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Is this the ultimate Offseason FA/ Draft attack?

I posted this in another thread but wanted to get everyone's opinion.

Wondering if I'm pricing some of them too low.
    FA:
    Resign: Bush $6, Hartline $4.5, Fasano $2-3, Thigpen and other small resignings $6

Let Walk: Long, Smith, Starks, Matt Moore

Cut: Richard Marshall, Patterson

Restructure: Dansby

Extend: Reshad Jones

Sign: Dashon Goldson $8, Wallace $9 or Jennings $8, Cox or Grimes $7,

Draft ($7 million for draft class). That would total roughly $49-$51 million in signings out of our current $49 million available. With cutting Patterson and Marshall and rolling over the extra cap space this year, we would have $60 million in cap space. Still leaving $6-8 million in available money (Go out and grab Adam Livitre or fill some holes).
    1. Dion Jordan DE
    2A. Zach Ertz TE
    2B. David Amerson CB
    3A. Kenny Stills WR
    3B. Arthur Brown or Gerald Hodges LB
    4. Best RT or RG available
    5.-7. BPA
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they need to get a tackle and guard in free agency or on waivers and a new OL coach since the offensive line was the weakest of the team this year thanks to the tremendous OL coach teaching abilities. How can the skins, broncos, colts, patriots have so many injuries on the OL and have such outstanding years in pass and run protection and miami have only Long injuried when he was dogging it any way, have 2 number 1's, and perform so poorly.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rpg719 View Post
    they need to get a tackle and guard in free agency or on waivers and a new OL coach since the offensive line was the weakest of the team this year thanks to the tremendous OL coach teaching abilities. How can the skins, broncos, colts, patriots have so many injuries on the OL and have such outstanding years in pass and run protection and miami have only Long injuried when he was dogging it any way, have 2 number 1's, and perform so poorly.
    That's where Livitre would come in with the remaining cap room. Line would be Martin, Incognito, Pouncey, Levitre, and whoever you desire to fill at RT.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's the ultimate alright...the ultimate failure.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Hartline will get more than 4.5 mill. His performance this year probably puts him up around 5.5-6. No way bush gets anymore than the original contract he signed with us. Resigning starks is a must and if smith comes cheap enough, he needs to stay as well. Dont forget about clemons
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So your letting 3 CB's go and drafting one to replace them. That's not gonna happen.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you cut Marshall, his money just doesn't magically disappear. There's no point in cutting him either. The dude was hurt all year. Let him play out preseason and bring in competition there. If he isn't cutting it, then cut him or trade him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why let Sean Smith walk? He was a big improver this season and can make a significant contribution to the team. I see him as one of the key players to resign. My hunch is that Ireland will want him too.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins89 View Post
    I posted this in another thread but wanted to get everyone's opinion.

Wondering if I'm pricing some of them too low.
    FA:
    Resign: Bush $6, Hartline $4.5, Fasano $2-3, Thigpen and other small resignings $6

Let Walk: Long, Smith, Starks, Matt Moore

Cut: Richard Marshall, Patterson

Restructure: Dansby

Extend: Reshad Jones

Sign: Dashon Goldson $8, Wallace $9 or Jennings $8, Cox or Grimes $7,

Draft ($7 million for draft class). That would total roughly $49-$51 million in signings out of our current $49 million available. With cutting Patterson and Marshall and rolling over the extra cap space this year, we would have $60 million in cap space. Still leaving $6-8 million in available money (Go out and grab Adam Livitre or fill some holes).
    1. Dion Jordan DE
    2A. Zach Ertz TE
    2B. David Amerson CB
    3A. Kenny Stills WR
    3B. Arthur Brown or Gerald Hodges LB
    4. Best RT or RG available
    5.-7. BPA
    Bush for 6 mill a year? NO WAY ... and you cut 3 CB's, while only adding 2. did u forget thats our biggest position of weakness once you let Smith walk?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would keep Bush, Hartline, and Starks. Those 3 are the only guys who can make game altering plays. Sean Smith screws up way too often, and Jake Long is going to ask for loads of money which we won't be willing to give him. As much as I like Fasano, I would rather look elsewhere for a play maker to help Tannehill in the passing game...but I would keep him for cheap if he wants to stay.

In FA, we need a WR...Wallace or Jennings. I would then target a guy like Cox for CB, and Connor Barwin at LB (but the Texans would be crazy to let him walk). We need to hit a home run and get these kinds of guys in FA so when the draft comes around, it allows us to address other things such as another WR, DE, a TE, and so on...

We would then have Wallace/Jennings, Hartline, Bess, and a solid rookie (thinking Bailey in the 2nd, or Hopkins if he drops) at WR. We would have Cox at CB along with the other cb's we already have (which isn't extremely comforting, but better than paying Sean Smith what he thinks he is worth)...Dansby, Burnett, and Barwin at LB (which is pretty crazy)...and have Wake and Starks on D-Line along with possibly a DE taken in the 1st round..and we still have Vernon developing. That right there makes our team much better. Highly doubt that all comes together how I planned it though.
    Quote Quote