Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Osi

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    phinfanNY08's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,115
    vCash:
    1206
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

    FA Osi

    Osi has stated today that he will leave the Giants and not re-sign with the team, amid all the issues with his previous contract.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-from-giants/

    In my opinion, Miami should test the waters and see how expensive he will be. Miami is in need of another pass rusher opposite Cameron Wake. With Osi coming off his worst season sack wise (6) I believe he may come cheap and will be a good addition to the defense, at least taking some of the double teams off Wake. Yes, he is 31 years old, but his presence will be felt by opposing offenses. IF he comes cheap, I say sign him, draft a DE with one of the 2 2nd round picks, will allow more pass rushers and give opposing offense many different looks, maybe wake coming off OLB spot on pass rushing situations to add another serious threat. 3yr/20 million...

    Opinions??
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Phins117's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    1,367
    vCash:
    3614
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no thanks
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    dolpns13's Avatar
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    24,348
    vCash:
    21202
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if the people wanting to bring him here are the same ones who dont want diva WR's. Osi is arguably one of the biggest diva's in the league. Although I wouldnt mind if he broughts his talents, although diminishing, here, I do not think he will come cheap at all. He will want the same that he wanted when he was arguing with the Giants. With that being said expect him to do the same shennanigans with his next team that he did with the Giants, in terms of wanting a new contract in his second year.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,984
    vCash:
    1461
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Id sign him as a situational pass rusher. I dont see him as an every down player anymore. He is really good at one thing..... rushing the QB. He could be very useful in obvious passing downs opposite Cam Wake. If he can be had for the type of money such a player would earn, I would take him. Ive got a feeling that he and his agent feel he is worth more than what he is though.

    Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/


    and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.


    SHOCKER

    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    phinfanNY08's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,115
    vCash:
    1206
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think its a matter of pride for him, but the market for a 31 year old pass rusher coming off a 6 sack season won't warrant the contract he is going to desire, which is why he may come cheap. If an offer doesn't completely wipe out our cap space, he is worth the gamble. Drama or not, I think a new setting will keep him at bay regarding bitching about his contract. At least test the waters, if he is demanding too much money, draft a DE and let Odrick play in situational passing downs. Wake needs help and this is at least one option
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Andyman's Avatar
    Canadian Fin Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    688
    vCash:
    1832
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post
    Osi has stated today that he will leave the Giants and not re-sign with the team, amid all the issues with his previous contract.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-from-giants/

    In my opinion, Miami should test the waters and see how expensive he will be. Miami is in need of another pass rusher opposite Cameron Wake. With Osi coming off his worst season sack wise (6) I believe he may come cheap and will be a good addition to the defense, at least taking some of the double teams off Wake. Yes, he is 31 years old, but his presence will be felt by opposing offenses. IF he comes cheap, I say sign him, draft a DE with one of the 2 2nd round picks, will allow more pass rushers and give opposing offense many different looks, maybe wake coming off OLB spot on pass rushing situations to add another serious threat. 3yr/20 million...

    Opinions??
    He will NOT come cheap. I don't think this is the kind of guy Miami is looking for. The signs are he is regressing and he's not exactly the kind of team guy they're likely going to pursue. With the needs on this team, they're probably going to attempt to address the pass rush in the draft.
    Andyman
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Cleetus's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    722
    vCash:
    2187
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am a Giants Fan as well as a Dolphins fan and I say No thanks to Osi, don't want him on either team anymore. If I could take something from the Giants for the Fins it would be the GM.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    kcbrown's Avatar
    Life is what we make it.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    2,710
    vCash:
    2294
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    I am a Giants Fan as well as a Dolphins fan and I say No thanks to Osi, don't want him on either team anymore. If I could take something from the Giants for the Fins it would be the GM.
    I agree 100%. Ross should throw money at the Giants GM. I have no idea why we stand pat year after year. How does an NFL team go a whole year with no WR's?? That is unheard of.

    Oh yeah, no thanks on Osi. Bring in Warren Sapp while your at it. We have to stay on the youth movement folks.
















    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    OrlandoFin's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    1,130
    vCash:
    4203
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Oh yeah, no thanks on Osi. Bring in Warren Sapp while your at it. We have to stay on the youth movement folks.

    I am not putting up any debate for him, but you do realize Osi is only 2 months older than Wake right?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    kcbrown's Avatar
    Life is what we make it.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    2,710
    vCash:
    2294
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoFin View Post
    I am not putting up any debate for him, but you do realize Osi is only 2 months older than Wake right?
    Didn't realize that...just seems like Osi has more miles than Wake. Wasn't Wake working at Stop-N-Shop or A&P for a couple of years?
    Quote Quote  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •