Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Osi

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

FA Osi

Osi has stated today that he will leave the Giants and not re-sign with the team, amid all the issues with his previous contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-from-giants/

In my opinion, Miami should test the waters and see how expensive he will be. Miami is in need of another pass rusher opposite Cameron Wake. With Osi coming off his worst season sack wise (6) I believe he may come cheap and will be a good addition to the defense, at least taking some of the double teams off Wake. Yes, he is 31 years old, but his presence will be felt by opposing offenses. IF he comes cheap, I say sign him, draft a DE with one of the 2 2nd round picks, will allow more pass rushers and give opposing offense many different looks, maybe wake coming off OLB spot on pass rushing situations to add another serious threat. 3yr/20 million...

Opinions??
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no thanks
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if the people wanting to bring him here are the same ones who dont want diva WR's. Osi is arguably one of the biggest diva's in the league. Although I wouldnt mind if he broughts his talents, although diminishing, here, I do not think he will come cheap at all. He will want the same that he wanted when he was arguing with the Giants. With that being said expect him to do the same shennanigans with his next team that he did with the Giants, in terms of wanting a new contract in his second year.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Id sign him as a situational pass rusher. I dont see him as an every down player anymore. He is really good at one thing..... rushing the QB. He could be very useful in obvious passing downs opposite Cam Wake. If he can be had for the type of money such a player would earn, I would take him. Ive got a feeling that he and his agent feel he is worth more than what he is though.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think its a matter of pride for him, but the market for a 31 year old pass rusher coming off a 6 sack season won't warrant the contract he is going to desire, which is why he may come cheap. If an offer doesn't completely wipe out our cap space, he is worth the gamble. Drama or not, I think a new setting will keep him at bay regarding bitching about his contract. At least test the waters, if he is demanding too much money, draft a DE and let Odrick play in situational passing downs. Wake needs help and this is at least one option
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Canadian Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post
    Osi has stated today that he will leave the Giants and not re-sign with the team, amid all the issues with his previous contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-from-giants/

In my opinion, Miami should test the waters and see how expensive he will be. Miami is in need of another pass rusher opposite Cameron Wake. With Osi coming off his worst season sack wise (6) I believe he may come cheap and will be a good addition to the defense, at least taking some of the double teams off Wake. Yes, he is 31 years old, but his presence will be felt by opposing offenses. IF he comes cheap, I say sign him, draft a DE with one of the 2 2nd round picks, will allow more pass rushers and give opposing offense many different looks, maybe wake coming off OLB spot on pass rushing situations to add another serious threat. 3yr/20 million...

Opinions??
    He will NOT come cheap. I don't think this is the kind of guy Miami is looking for. The signs are he is regressing and he's not exactly the kind of team guy they're likely going to pursue. With the needs on this team, they're probably going to attempt to address the pass rush in the draft.
    Andyman
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am a Giants Fan as well as a Dolphins fan and I say No thanks to Osi, don't want him on either team anymore. If I could take something from the Giants for the Fins it would be the GM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    I am a Giants Fan as well as a Dolphins fan and I say No thanks to Osi, don't want him on either team anymore. If I could take something from the Giants for the Fins it would be the GM.
    I agree 100%. Ross should throw money at the Giants GM. I have no idea why we stand pat year after year. How does an NFL team go a whole year with no WR's?? That is unheard of.

Oh yeah, no thanks on Osi. Bring in Warren Sapp while your at it. We have to stay on the youth movement folks.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    He will get a big contract, which I don't think would be worth it for the Dolphins. Our defense isn't the problem. We need to address the other side of the ball in free agency, and even though we have a lot of money, we do have a lot of positions to fill.
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Osi wants one thing and that's money. He's going to the highest bidder and that better not be (and won't be) us.
    Quote Quote