Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Interesting Statistic

1. -1
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Interesting Statistic

Tannehill plays his best part of the game in the 4th quarter thus refuting the arguement that he is not a 4th quarter QB. Although the sack number is high, the ratio of 6 TD's to only 3 Ints's in the 4th is very impressive. I would like to see a higher completion %age however we all know a QB's completion percentage is slightly skewed due to WR drops.

I expect to see some responses using the terminolgy "garbage time" regardless this is a very promising statistic being that we were in almost all of our games going into the 4th qtr. The future looks bright at the QB position for once.
    BY QUARTER CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT SACK RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
    QUARTER = 1 66 108 675 61.1 6.25 35 1 2 8 74.4 7 38 5.4 13 1
    QUARTER = 2 71 118 853 60.2 7.23 57 3 5 8 73.2 18 50 2.8 31 1
    QUARTER = 3 64 111 707 57.7 6.37 37 2 2 8 75.2 6 53 8.8 30 0
    QUARTER = 4 77 140 999 55 7.14 80 6 3 11 83 18 70 3.9 20 0
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not bad for a raw rookie. I believe the future is bright.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he did what he did in the 4th in every quarter he would have put up about 4,000 yards with 24 TD's and 12 picks. That would have been awesome!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mega-fin-love View Post
    If he did what he did in the 4th in every quarter he would have put up about 4,000 yards with 24 TD's and 12 picks. That would have been awesome!!
    Unfortunately he had to deal with alot of subpar talent around him too, and he was still successful late in games.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Unfortunately he had to deal with alot of subpar talent around him too, and he was still successful late in games.
    Nice Stats Dude. "Successful" I would not go that Far. I think they get him some Playmakers in 2013, maybe? But the real stat is another losing record. We got Blown Out in our First Game and Last Game of the Season. Only one 4th quarter comeback man, just sayin. Had he Won a couple of those games in the 4th Quarter (19-14 Buffalo Game for example) he would have cemented his Draft #, and feeling more positive about 2013...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pepperwood View Post
    Nice Stats Dude. "Successful" I would not go that Far. I think they get him some Playmakers in 2013, maybe? But the real stat is another losing record. We got Blown Out in our First Game and Last Game of the Season. Only one 4th quarter comeback man, just sayin. Had he Won a couple of those games in the 4th Quarter (19-14 Buffalo Game for example) he would have cemented his Draft #, and feeling more positive about 2013...
    Ok, on the cusp of successful... Had it not been for Carpenter he would have been credited with 2 more. Point being he cant do it all on his own and many on this board cant or wont see that. He had his fair share of issues, but unfortunately he gets the blame for WR's dropping balls and kickers missing game winning field goals. His 4th QTR numbers are solid. He cant do it all on his own.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Ok, on the cusp of successful... Had it not been for Carpenter he would have been credited with 2 more. Point being he cant do it all on his own and many on this board cant or wont see that. He had his fair share of issues, but unfortunately he gets the blame for WR's dropping balls and kickers missing game winning field goals. His 4th QTR numbers are solid. He cant do it all on his own.
    I hear you man. I think he is Good. Ok. Every team can say we would have Won this game had that happened...The Fins Scapegoat for 2012 will be Dan Carpenter...Fine. Bottom Line
    2 Rookie QBs are facing off this weekend, one drafted after Tannehill. I know they have Playmakers that is the Rally Cry, but you just said if not for Carpenter, he would have 2 more wins, and had Tannehill not thrown the INT in the 4th qtr against the Bills, 3 more wins, and a 10 Win Season. Blah Blah Blah. 3 Rookie QBS are starting in the Playoffs, not ours...
    Quote Quote