Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Bjoern Werner will enter draft... and other tidbits

1. -1
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17

News2 Bjoern Werner will enter draft... and other tidbits

according to rotoworld... bjoern werner will enter the 2013 draft..

ESPN's Joe Schad reports that Florida State junior DE Bjoern Werner will enter the 2013 NFL Draft.

This is no surprise as Werner is one of the top pass rushers in a strong class. He lacks a great motor to chase down plays from the back side, but Werner has a nice jump off the line and uses his hands to create separation. A top-20 selection is likely.

other names linked to declaring today are..

kevin minter-LSU
    Matt Elam Florida
    Sherrif floyd Florida
    LaVeon Bell Mich St
    William Gholston Mich St

Sign me up for werner... If he's at 12 I'm all over it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I don't mind rotoworld for their breaking news if thats what you want to call it, but their mock draft is a JOKE in my opinion... I know its pretty recent as well, because it's a post season mock.

they have us taking tavon austin at 12.

they also have tajh boyd in the top ten, as well as a few guys who are going back to school.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Meh
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I love the guy, but no way he is around at 12.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    I don't mind rotoworld for their breaking news if thats what you want to call it, but their mock draft is a JOKE in my opinion... I know its pretty recent as well, because it's a post season mock.

they have us taking tavon austin at 12.

they also have tajh boyd in the top ten, as well as a few guys who are going back to school.
    That's a pretty bold mock draft.

But I think you're falling into a common mistake. Fans tend to see a new or unpopular pick in a mock draft and call it a "joke" based on their own perceptions...which in turn are fed by other mock drafts they've seen. It's not therefore a "joke" but rather just different. In fact, someone else puts Tavon Austin in at #12 or #15, or somewhere like that, and eventually you'll see a mock draft that has him in the 2nd round and you'll be referring to that as a "joke".

Is it a "joke" because the player actually doesn't deserve to go where he went? Do we know this?

Because I know Tavon Austin is one hell of an exciting player to watch. That's what I know. And I know that everyone likes to bemoan how the Dolphins took Michael Egnew instead of T.Y. Hilton, where Hilton measured in at 5095 and 183 lbs at the Combine...which is probably only about an inch taller and about the same weight you'll see on Tavon Austin.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    That's a pretty bold mock draft.

But I think you're falling into a common mistake. Fans tend to see a new or unpopular pick in a mock draft and call it a "joke" based on their own perceptions...which in turn are fed by other mock drafts they've seen. It's not therefore a "joke" but rather just different. In fact, someone else puts Tavon Austin in at #12 or #15, or somewhere like that, and eventually you'll see a mock draft that has him in the 2nd round and you'll be referring to that as a "joke".

It it a "joke" because the player actually doesn't deserve to go where he went? Do we know this?

Because I know Tavon Austin is one hell of an exciting player to watch. That's what I know.

i wasn't really referring to the tavon austin pick as a joke... as much as I was referring to stuff like luke joeckel going #1 overall, ezekial ansah at #6 overall, tajh boyd at #8...

but I see your point. I probably shouldnt' use the word joke.. a lot of work goes into these guy's mock drafts and to each their own opinion..

tavon austin is indeed an exciting player to watch. Personally I don't even have him as top 32 BPA, but as I said earlier to each his own.

I guess I'll back off my joke insult, and just defer to disagreeing with basically the entire first round mock.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just happen to know the guy who did this Mock and he's honestly one of the hardest working men doing it. I envy him the hard work he puts into it. But then, this is his primary job. He runs Rotoworld's draft section. I have a day job.

And incidentally I would not at all be surprised to see Luke Joeckel go #1 overall or Zeke Ansah make the top 10.

Zeke Ansah is probably going to benefit from some Chandler Jones envy. Jones started to get a lot of love late in the process last year and the Patriots got him and he looked fantastic this year. Ansah reminds of him.

Gotta remember about the #1 overall pick that there's actually enough weakness in the top of this year's QB class to totally destabilize that picture. Luke Joeckel, Manti Te'o, Star Lotulelei, Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore...you name him, they're all on the board at that pick. It's wide open. In fact Luke Joeckel may be the hands on favorite, lol.

I'll give you Tajh Boyd though. That's bold. And when I say bold I mean questionable, but in an admiring way. Not a prediction I would make, even though I've always liked Boyd.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Outside USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think that roto mock draft is pretty solid.... (except for the dolphins pick).....however.. Barkley out of the first round.... no Tyler Wilson... not sure i buy that...

its nice to see some new names or higher praised players... instead of other mocks that very similiar...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I think the chiefs will be under a lot of fan pressure to go qb, alot like miami was last year. Unless of course reid gets hired, and brings in a qb of his own. Not taking anything away from joekel and the new rookie salaries certianly lend a hand to reducing risk with the higher picks, but i cant see it being a left tackle. Thats just me.

I can certainly.appreciate the time your friend put into his mock, as i also have a day job, but spend way too much time doing mocks and evaluations of my mocks own foe basicallu no reason, i just simply disagree with him thats all. I meant no disrespect by my comment and i didnt mean to come off like a jackass if did.

To add to the discussion i really cant see mingo falling that far either, but again, if we took 100 mocks theyd all be different, and im sure your friend.and many others could poke all sorts of holes in my board and mocks.
    Quote Quote