Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dream Draft (Post Yours)

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Ogletree will go bottom first or top of the second, according to most. Hes good value in the second. in the third, hes unmissable!! Uzzi will go much higher also.
    I just went off the CBSsports projections which are always kind of outdated this time of year. Thanks for the 411. I'd still look at LB in the 3rd, and OG in the 6th.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Ogletree will go bottom first or top of the second, according to most. Hes good value in the second. in the third, hes unmissable!! Uzzi will go much higher also.
    I don't think Ogletree will go that high and Uzzi is excellent in the run game but right now he's a liability in pass protection and that's going to drop him in a passing league.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great Big North have Ogletree as no 28, I think it is. McShay has him in the first round, iirc. Mocking the draft also in the same region. Don't hold me exactly to all those but there are a number of mocks with him in that range.

I think he's an incredible prospect. I think the linebacker class is excellent this year and we have a big depth problem there (not to mention a big turnover deficiency in our starting LBs). I would like to upgrade and Ogletree is very tempting to me. Khaseem Greene is also a bigtime player. Chase Thomas, Shayne Skov, Mauti, etc etc. I also love Kiko Alonso of Oregon later in the draft. He is a freak with incredible play-reading ability. Over-commits a little at times, but he's a ball magnet.

Uzzi... I'll defer to your evaluation. I think the fact he's in GT's triple option offense throwing cut blocks all day means he is a project one way or another, but other mocks tend to have him in the third round range.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1st(Trade up, give up our 3rd)- Manti T'eo
    2nd- Matt Elam
    2nd- David Amerson
    3rd- Joseph Fauria
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    DieHard FinFan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bear, DE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Offseason Signings: Greg Jennings, Reggie Bush, Anthony Fasano, Chris Clemons

1. CB: DeMarcus Milliner- Alabama - Time for a playmaking CB.
    2. TE: Zach Ertz - Stanford - Ertz is the ideal red zone target for Tannehill.
    2. WR: Stedman Bailey- West Virginia - Big time playmaking WR opposite Jennings, the deep threat WR we all dreamed off. Kid put up some gaudy numbers this year.
    3. OT: Kyle Long - Oregon - If we can't re-sign Jake Long, move Jonathan Martin over and let Kyle Long man the right side. Gotta love the pedigree.
    3. S: Bacarri Rambo - Georgia - Yes, he has baggage, but I'm willing to take a chance on him with our late 3rd, or even better our 4th rd pick.
    4. OLB: Trevardo Williams- UConn - Pass rushing OLB who has the potential to be an everydown OLB.
    5. DT: Daniel McCullers- Tennessee - Possible future replacement for Starks (if we can't re-sign him). He impressed in the few games I saw.
    6. G: Anthony Steen- Alabama - Alabama's o-line is nasty and well coached, could possibly challenge John Jerry.
    7. OT: Seantrell Henderson- Miami - If he falls here, an absolute steal of a player who has not played to his full potential yet.
    2014 Miami Dolphins Draft Class

1. OT: Ja'wuan James -Tennessee
    2. WR: Jarvis Landry -LSU
    3. OT: Billy Turner-North Dakota State
    4. DB: Walt Aikens-Liberty
    5. TE: Authur Lynch - Georgia
    5. LB: Jordan Tripp - Montana
    6. WR: Matt Hazel-Coastal Carolina
    7. DE: Terrance Fede- Marist
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Waaaay early to do this. I could change my mind three times in the next week, but right now....

1 Johnthan Banks CB, Miss St. (his poor November scares me, but he had a nice game vs Tenn's great WRs and has had a great career in general. Playmaker)
    2a Cordarelle Patterson WR, Tenn (he won't produce immediately in Sherman's WCO, so I assume we sign a third WR in FA)
    2b Alec Ogletree LB, UGA (I'm believing Datruth 55 that he'll slide, but truthfully I doubt it - if not then Chase Thomas or CB Jordan Poyer)
    3a Stedman Bailey WR, WVU (My dream draft could not exclude this guy. He MUST be a Dolphin!)
    3b Tank Carradine DE, FSU (He will heal and he will be a difference maker)
    4 Reid Fragel OT, Ohio St. (he sky is the limit for this kid as a tackle, imo. Only playing a season and already a very good player)
    5 Jake Stoneburner TE, Ohio St. (2nd or 3rd best TE in the draft, in the 5th round? Yes please.)
    6/7 (assuming a cond pick) Kiko Alonso LB, Ore (Former character concerns seem to be behind him. A machine.)
    7 Benny Cunningham RB, Mid Tenn St. (Ted Slimm put me onto this kid. Could be a UDFA as he's rehabbing from a knee injury, but should be healthy for a pro day)
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticalOne View Post
    Offseason Signings: Greg Jennings, Reggie Bush, Anthony Fasano, Chris Clemons

1. CB: DeMarcus Milliner- Alabama - Time for a playmaking CB.
    2. TE: Zach Ertz - Stanford - Ertz is the ideal red zone target for Tannehill.
    2. WR: Stedman Bailey- West Virginia - Big time playmaking WR opposite Jennings, the deep threat WR we all dreamed off. Kid put up some gaudy numbers this year.
    3. OT: Kyle Long - Oregon - If we can't re-sign Jake Long, move Jonathan Martin over and let Kyle Long man the right side. Gotta love the pedigree.
    3. S: Bacarri Rambo - Georgia - Yes, he has baggage, but I'm willing to take a chance on him with our late 3rd, or even better our 4th rd pick.
    4. OLB: Trevardo Williams- UConn - Pass rushing OLB who has the potential to be an everydown OLB.
    5. DT: Daniel McCullers- Tennessee - Possible future replacement for Starks (if we can't re-sign him). He impressed in the few games I saw.
    6. G: Anthony Steen- Alabama - Alabama's o-line is nasty and well coached, could possibly challenge John Jerry.
    7. OT: Seantrell Henderson- Miami - If he falls here, an absolute steal of a player who has not played to his full potential yet.
    Seantrel isn't coming out this year, but your draft looks good anyway.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Waaaay early to do this. I could change my mind three times in the next week, but right now....

Definitely. Seeing that who we resign, and/or sign in FA will affect our needs in the draft this year more than any in recent memory, it's impossible to project even our early picks at this point. Still fun to do, and it's hard to argue with any of your picks. Would love to get Carradine in the 3rd. He's more polished as a pass rusher than Vernon, and we just got him in the 3rd. Had I not gone Mingo in the 1st, I probably would have gone with Carradine in the 3rd.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinsfan93 View Post
    1. Tyler Eifert TE

4. Marcus Lattimore RB

And there we have it.... the first shout for Lattimore. I actually agree and 4th is a good spot... clearly a lot depends on his rehab on if he goes higher, but I love the pick in the 4th. Taking a shot at it is not a bad idea.

EDIT: and I say it's not a bad idea as we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds... if it was a normal year with only 3 then perhaps not, but this year could be the time to roll the dice like this...
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    It seems some of you don't even know what picks we have in the draft. As of today:

1st (12th overall)
    2nd (42 overall)
    2nd (57'ish overall...from Colts for Vontae Davis, final spot determined by Colts post season)
    3rd (77th overall)
    3rd (82nd overall...from Chicago for Brandon Marshall)
    4th (not determined yet because compensatory picks have not been given which start at the end of the 3rd round)
    5th (see explanation for 4th)
    6th (see explanation for 4th...conditional pick from Colts for Vontae Davis)
    7th (see explanation for 4th)
    7th (see explanation for 4th...(from Dallas for Ryan Cook)

I also expect us to get at least one conditional pick in the 6th or 7th round for the free agents lost last year but those conditional picks are always iffy.
    Quote Quote