Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Don't know if this has been highlighted, but...

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Don't know if this has been highlighted, but...

...as per the presser on that CFL tackle being tried out for a guard spot, we have only two guards on the roster - our two starters.

I never noticed that. We've a guy on the PS and Samuda/Pouncey could shift to guard, but basically the cupboard is bare. Add to the fact that neither Incog nor Jerry are classic ZBS guards and you have to figure we will prob bring 3 new guards into camp this offseason.

Maybe

1 x FA stud
    1 x FA depth guy (like the CFL dude)
    1 x draftee

I would love us to sign impending FA Andy Levitre from the Bills
    Sign whatever backup guy the FO likes
    Then draft a very solid ZBS guard. On the face of it, it seems impossible that we won't draft at least one guard - so who should it be?

Thoughts?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's a great question and I look forward to the responses. The first three that come to mind are Jonathan Cooper (North Carolina) who will require an early pick (round 1-2), Dallas Thomas (Tennessee) who is an OT that will probably move to OG at the NFL-level and may go in rounds 2-3, and Omoregie Uzzi (Georgia Tech) who we may be able to wait till rounds 4-5 to get.

I've seen references of moving John Jerry back to RT (our good friend Omar Kelly) which makes OG a huge need this offseason, and Incognito is in the last year of his deal. The Bills are in a bad cap situation, so Levitre may be a real possibility. We need guards that can get o the second level.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    John Jerry IMO would need to lose 20 lbs at least to get to RT. Samuda will get a shot at one of the guards I would think. I saw him a couple plays this year filling in. I think we will draft a RT/LT. I think levitre from Buffalo would be a good pickup but it all comes down to what they do with Incog. They may just let him finish his contract out.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see you have Uzzi in your sig and I also brought him up a couple of months ago in some thread.

He's mobile but in a very unique offense in GT. would need to adapt. I'd like us to replace Incog with Levitre as the starter on the left and draft a project guy like Uzzi in the mid rounds. Incog, samuda and Jerry can battle it out for the right spot, Samuda also covering centre iirc.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know we have glaring weaknesses in other areas, but I don't know if fans realize how much we need to improve the offensive line. Dallas Thomas is one of the more intriguing guys because he could be there in R2 and I no nobody wants to get an offensive lineman in the 1st round. Kyle Long is also a guy that might be available with that late 2nd rounder or early in the 3rd. I like that he played on a fast paced offense and played LG. I haven't looked at the free agents out there, but it would be nice to take care of that prior to the draft so we can concentrate on getting playmakers on offense and defense.
    Quote Quote