Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dion jordan reminds me a lot of jason taylor

1. -31
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Seen only two pass rush reps from Jordan so far. One a perfect outside rush, another a terrible one. Now he just busted thru backfield and took out Klein in the backfield on a run. That was. Big play on goal lie. Now another big one challenged the lead blocker with hands forcing Klein to keep the option.

A third pass rush rep that wasn't a pass rush at all. He came in with goal of disrupting back out of backfield en route to QB so that Klein couldn't just dump to the back on a flare, and Jordan murdered the guy with his hands. Totally disrupted that route. Didn't matter as Klein scrambled opposite direction for TD.

Jordan really showing off those violent hands I keep talking about.
    Definitely a nice couple of plays by him. Plenty of time left to keep it up, too.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Biggest problem w/ Jordan so far is being taken off the field quite a bit. Could be due to shoulder injury.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Biggest problem w/ Jordan so far is being taken off the field quite a bit. Could be due to shoulder injury.
    I was just about to comment on this! Is he a situational Pass Rusher only or is he hurt?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    I was just about to comment on this! Is he a situational Pass Rusher only or is he hurt?
    Combination of things. Chip Kelly rotates his DLs very rigidly because his offense is so quick strike his D could easily get worn out. In addition to that Jordan is dealing w/ a shoulder issue and had to come off at least one drive early because of it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    See that failed 4th & 1 on K-State's first drive if you think Jordan is weak against the run, or weak period. Handled K-State's right tackle, kept his outside arm free, broke thru at will and kept Klein from bouncing it outside.
    In football and in the world we live in, I've seen a lot of tall, "wiry" people, and I've noticed one thing consistently: they are either very weak, or very very strong. J TAYLOR was NOT weak, and you shouldn't assume that JORDAN is, either. After all, he IS playing football at a high level.

Everyone develops/tries to develop new moves to expand their repetoire once they get to the pros...even the great ones. You see it in every sport. In Baseball, for example, and specifically the 1969 World Series, you have a NOLAN RYAN getting the last out (PAUL BLAIR) w/a 78 m.p.h. change-up curve, and not that 105 m.p.h. fastball known as "RYAN's Express". More moves will probably come for JORDAN w/good coaching, just as the curveball came for NOLAN RYAN.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Chris Harper is absolutely stealing the show tonight. Unstoppable.

Something is wrong with Jordan's shoulder. His absence is now beyond conspicuous.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ticophin View Post
    plus, the fact that Olivier Vernon is still developing and learning...they´re not gonna quit on him that quickly...
    This, we made too much of an investment on that D-Line to take Jordan. Yes I think Dion Jordan will be a good player if not an elite player, but have we all forgotten of Olivier Vernon? Yes I know he only had 3.5 sacks, but he was an impact player with very limited playing time. He has star potential and next year he'll probably be better.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    This, we made too much of an investment on that D-Line to take Jordan. Yes I think Dion Jordan will be a good player if not an elite player, but have we all forgotten of Olivier Vernon? Yes I know he only had 3.5 sacks, but he was an impact player with very limited playing time. He has star potential and next year he'll probably be better.
    Don't agree at all about VERNON being an impact player...at least not to date. He can't beat anybody who's pretty good. How will he beat the great ones? He might just as easily be a complete bust.

It's ESSENTIAL that we have AT LEAST 2 bigtime pass-rushers. Otherwise, there's little hope of ever competing w/ N.E. until BRADY retires.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Chris Harper is absolutely stealing the show tonight. Unstoppable.

Something is wrong with Jordan's shoulder. His absence is now beyond conspicuous.
    True...and as to JORDAN, THAT really IS a "red light", as far as I'm concerned.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    Don't agree at all about VERNON being an impact player...at least not to date. He can't beat anybody who's pretty good. How will he beat the great ones? He might just as easily be a complete bust.

It's ESSENTIAL that we have AT LEAST 2 bigtime pass-rushers. Otherwise, there's little hope of ever competing w/ N.E. until BRADY retires.
    A pair of blocked field goals, a defensive touchdown, 2 forced fumbles and 3.5 sacks with VERY limited playing time in his rookie season. Idk how you don't see that as an impact, and I really don't see how you'd consider him a bust with those stats in his first year. Keep in mind he's a third rounder not a first, compare him to many of the great pass rushers in the NFL in their first year and he stacks up pretty well.
    Quote Quote