Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dion jordan reminds me a lot of jason taylor

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    12. Miami Dolphins Ė Dion Jordan DE, Oregon
    The Phins really need offensive weapons for young Tannehill but will likely look to free agency and the second and third rounds for that. The team also needs pass rushers and do not hesitate to grab this super athletic Duck.

http://draftseason.com/nfl-mock-draft-lupagus/continued-round-1-picks-12-22/
    Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat , Virginia Tech

Xbox Live : Tiko7523
    Psn : Tiko7523
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I am not a Jordan guy. Not really interested anymore.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    harper is not a guy i'd use a pick on...jordan has played a lot of contain vs the run but to my eye when he was in there it was pretty much a stalemate with a te...that would bother me as an olb in a 34...if miami drafts that kid he's a situational rusher in a 43 probably long term...you won't get away with many downs of him as a de...explosive but raw as heck...

i don't see why people who play in a 43 want that kid...it's all stand up 34 olb stuff...

the guy no one talks about but should be is the soph corner for oregon...he's got high end stuff...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -44

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ansah is a better run defender than pass rusher...there's nothing high end about that kids pass rush on the edge...he's slow off the ball...

if you take any of these kids over mingo i think it's nuts frankly...it's not close when it comes to upside and tools...dion jordan over mingo for miami is crazy talk...one can play with his hand in the dirt the other can't...nor should he
    Last edited by hooshoops; 01-04-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There haven't been too many DE's or OLB's that stood 6'7" or Taller that have come into the NFL and have had MAJOR Impact's. While I agree Jordan is a Fantastic Athlete, I'm not sure how it would translate into the NFL successfully. It's almost has if being so tall is a detriment to playing certain positions in the NFL. I'd pass on Jordan too.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DK his mom was a crazy drug addict and the kid stuck by her and did anything to help her and his family get through it. Apparently she isn't an addict anymore because of Dions help. I would imagine he was probably stealing gas for his family. But I don't know that full story.
    So you think stealing is OK? Last time I looked stealing was a crime. But I guess it is OK because his Mom is a drug addict. (Let me add, I do not know if he was stealing, but since you brought it up) Who the Hell siphons gas with a vacuum cleaner?
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The biggest question mark on Dion Jordan unfortunately remains because a shoulder problem sidelined him for most of last night. That biggest question mark is his ability to consistently rush the passer from a down position. The comparison he's going to run into from scouts that aren't sold is that of Manny Lawson and its a pretty darn good comparison. Run defense on Jordan is not really questionable, nor is it a questionable aspect of Lawson's game. You probably want Jordan playing out in space as a run defender either as a 3-4 OLB or as a 4-3 SLB but he could also defend the run as a 4-3 DE. He clearly has the strength for it and he is very good from a technique standpoint. He has violent hands and can shock people with them. He controls the battles with both offensive tackles and tight ends, when it comes to gap control.

But the bottom line is you have too many pass rush reps of his like his 2nd pass rush snap of the night last night, where he inexplicably sticks with outside leverage despite a tackle overplaying the speed rush, and just takes himself completely out of the play, going too deep. He seems to decide whether he's got a chance on a rush or not and if not he prefers to stay in space so that he can use his athleticism to motor around and chase the ball. He would need a lot of coaching on his pass rush because right now he's a one trick pony and he doesn't have the pad level or flexibility of guys that can make a living off that one move. He can rush the outside clearly, showed that on his first pass rush snap last night, showed great pad level and flexibility on an outside rush, but he needs to be able to think and react on his feet better during his rush.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The comparison that I think Zeke Ansah is going to draw from NFL evaluators that is benefiting him right now is that of Chandler Jones, who had a heck of a year in NE this year. Zeke's athleticism is real good and his frame and strength are fantastic, and he puts everything behind his pads and plays like a real football player. I get worried he doesn't think enough about his feet as a weapon in pass rush, too eager to make contact and duke it out for the win.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i can see the manny lawson comparisons...maybe that's why it doesn't do much for me...never been much on lawson personally...i disagree with the jordans stout against the run stuff though...and i really have a hard time projecting a guy that tall as an olb in a 43...

and i saw that pass rush where he just took himself out of the play...he just kept going right by things...kinda looked like he pulled up holding his arm...may be where the shoulder injury occurred...

anyways if i'm a 34 team i'm interested as a 43 one i'll pass

i agree with ansahs body beautiful and he's got strength i just don't see even chandler jones pass rush upside...jones the more i looked last year the closer we got to the draft the more i saw a poors man jpp...he wasn't overly explosive either as a prospect but i could see the comparisons in some regard...ansah for the way he looks and the frame and athlete should have better get off and burst with his pass rush...really underwhelmed me...no doubt there's upside there as a player but if i'm looking for pass rush impact i'll pass...not a target for me
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    except Jordan had only FIVE sacks in the PAC-12 this guy is WAY overhyped

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

also a MAJOR liability in the run game
    Quote Quote