Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dion jordan reminds me a lot of jason taylor

1. -11
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Right now that position has th most interesting prospects for #12 but that could also mean good to wait until #42, get same caliber at cheaper price.

Zeke Ansah, Dion Jordan, Sheldon Richardson, Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore, Alex Okafor...
    I will be interested in what your take is going fwd and who fits in BEST with the Fins scheme and personnel they currently posses.

I figured Werner and Moore would be gone...no? I thought Ansah could be moved around to get after the passer. Should be interesting.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Right now that position has th most interesting prospects for #12 but that could also mean good to wait until #42, get same caliber at cheaper price.

Zeke Ansah, Dion Jordan, Sheldon Richardson, Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore, Alex Okafor...
    I'm big on Okafor but have a few concerns about him. He's most effective rushing the passer from the same side Wake lines up at...not nearly as effective on the opposite side. His awareness, or ability to find the football quickly is lacking. I see him run upfield in an effort to get to the passer while a running back runs right by him and he's still rushing the passer before he realized the RB is 5 yards upfield.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have used the same comparison many times. He reminds me a lot of Taylor when he first came into the league, moreso than what Taylor became. I love Jordan and think he has immense potential.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    truth that's called he doesn't care about run responsibilities and playing contain...he's all about getting upfield and he leaves huge holes for backs to cut into cause of it...it's been a problem for texas run d all year long...

as for dion jordan can cover slot wrs come on guys...if you draft that guy and you're miami it isn't to cover slot wrs down the field it's to drop occasionally and cover the flats and to first and foremost get after the damn qb...a lot of that other stuff is worthless...and that kid needs to play standing up as much as possible...if you play him as an every down end that's a liability against the run i can tell ya that...so if i'm miami and i'm taking dion jordan he's rushing standing up off the edge against tackles and he's gonna have to develop some pass rush moves
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    truth that's called he doesn't care about run responsibilities and playing contain...he's all about getting upfield and he leaves huge holes for backs to cut into cause of it...it's been a problem for texas run d all year long...

as for dion jordan can cover slot wrs come on guys...if you draft that guy and you're miami it isn't to cover slot wrs down the field it's to drop occasionally and cover the flats and to first and foremost get after the damn qb...a lot of that other stuff is worthless...and that kid needs to play standing up as much as possible...if you play him as an every down end that's a liability against the run i can tell ya that...so if i'm miami and i'm taking dion jordan he's rushing standing up off the edge against tackles and he's gonna have to develop some pass rush moves
    and a heck of a lot of strength.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    and a heck of a lot of strength.
    yep...cause if all he's got is speed off the edge and he doesn't get much stronger he's gonna have a hard time running around nfl tackles...if they get their hands on him and lock out he's gonna be toast...

love the get off tools but the rush arsenal is lacking and the lack of strength is a concern off the edge
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love his speed and wow does he have some long arms....good for slapping down passes. I watched him kill my ASU Sun Devils. We need this guy!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why not do both? After all, if you can't pressure good ol' TOMMY, you won't beat N.E..

The GIANTS have shown everyone how it's done. And it wasn't by winning a "shootout", either. TOMMY doesn't throw very accurately when (a) throwing off his back foot; (b) throwing while running for his life; or (c) throwing while on his back. Simple enough formula. WAKE, however, is MIAMI's only pass-rushing threat presently: the ODRICK experiment is a failure i/m/o. But drop ODRICK i/s to DT and find another JT type, and TOMMY won't like seeing MIAMI come to town, and he also would look for another, safer vacation destination.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    yep...cause if all he's got is speed off the edge and he doesn't get much stronger he's gonna have a hard time running around nfl tackles...if they get their hands on him and lock out he's gonna be toast...
    Weren't all of the so-called "experts" saying the EXACT same thing about J TAYLOR not so long ago?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    Weren't all of the so-called "experts" saying the EXACT same thing about J TAYLOR not so long ago?
    That was 1997 so I don't remember but judging the way Jason Taylor used to bull rush OT after a few speed rush and swim moves during his rookie season he was leaps and bounds stronger than Jordan and had a lot more pass rush moves than Jordan does now.
    Quote Quote